Patch 1.2

+
t didn't happen exactly like this pre-1.2 patch in my experience. Now when you move at a certain speed pedestrians and traffic vanish and when you come to a standstill the area becomes populated again.

I guess they wanted to bring back the old pop-in distance (objects load farther away instead of right in your face) without sacrificing performance so they traded that with less population when you're on the move.
Dont thiks that's the case here my video recorded on patch 1.2 and you can see traffic and pedestrians even when I go at the top speed.

The most played Mission may be "The Rescue". For all Role Players they realy take the Role and not play like most looking dumb while looting Junk, it may looking good when you enter the Elevator after Jackie when you close up to him, because he still dont open the Door while he got a Chip in his Head and is not a Ghost ( Jonny chould do this). Thats not a Bug or is there anyone who got Jackie that Aura he needs like V got? Lemme know.

So why in Gods name they need a Car Mechanic? Some Drivers shouldnt have a License. I guess Future Cars may have this feature but also an Auto Pilot. I rether use that Auto Pilot. #Delamain
Im up for Realism pls dont lose Vision on People who kill Civilians by accident and wonder why they disappear. Improve the game itself. Those people can't improve them selfs with Features like that. Its hard to drive on keyboard when you dont got speed limit feature or better Gears like 1 to 6 on mousewheel, 6 gotta be the Automatic Ilussion to have the Control over the Vehicle. Option to limit down to one. Or get Full Geard Vehicles they die when overheating. Pay for Repair. Im not even talking about Crashes....#Delamain

a Bug is a Bug and an Error an Error. Cars get stucked is not a bug and an Error either. Its a Mistake by the Player. A Bug is something brought to the Game and an Error is something the Game holds while not play like the Visioner.#Gameplay Demo They may collide when it comes to Gliches dont ask me for stuff that shouldnt be there. May im the....but some one put it here. Features they missing not Features they dont have.

Back to the Elevator:
So is it a Bug, an Error or a Glich?

I do Love The Game with all the Bugs, Errors and Gliches besides the Cheating ones. Keep on Working on it CDPR You did your best i guess for the First EGO Shoter Game. Dont let them Blind your Vision. These Bugs doing good if you dont let them display themselves.

I don't get to Finish...the second Akt if the one ain't Acting out. This may be my personal Error or i Glich Back Black and Start over again. If someone feels the same i may brought you a Bug.

1% Complete (I will die befor i Finish to 100%) Let the Cleaners do it. If u want me to you gotta pay me for. A Streetkid shouldnt be working for the Cops. A Nomad shouldnt get mad at this point and take some Money. A Corpo should aim at Big Deals and Run the NET.

PS: This is not GTA we are not about to kill the cops in the Future with MaxTech we need to hack and controll them so they Take the Role they supose to.

I'm surprised that SSR is on on consoles. Turning it off produces duller but still "okay" image, with no noise and a huge performance boost.

So much fiddling on console versions optimization only to keep shitty reflections on, LOL.
truer words were never spoken

they already removed a lot of reflections on reflective car surfaces

just turn off ssr for those people. it will free some gpu power, that will help ps4 achieve a little bit higher resolution, clearer image, no grains.

at least give them a damn CHOICE.

It didn't happen exactly like this pre-1.2 patch in my experience. Now when you move at a certain speed pedestrians and traffic vanish and when you come to a standstill the area becomes populated again.

I guess they wanted to bring back the old pop-in distance (objects load farther away instead of right in your face) without sacrificing performance so they traded that with less population when you're on the move.

What platform?

I do notice that it takes a bit for anything even remotely dynamic to fade in when you turn around fast or after reloading/fast traveling, but the things you have mentioned haven't happened to me yet in any of the patches - certainly sounds like a streaming issue in general.

While the video posted by homafromptz is a thing that's been happening exactly the same across patches, exact same spot, exact same direction of travel and exact same asset streaming issue.

Dont thiks that's the case here my video recorded on patch 1.2 and you can see traffic and pedestrians even when I go at the top speed.

But that's exactly what happens in your video. Pedestrians and traffic start to increase in density only when you're stopped or going slow for the turns. It's not easily noticeable deep in the city because there are many turns and you can't go very fast but when you do go fast the density of the population (pedestrians and traffic) is reduced.

I'm on PC @exxxed

But that's exactly what happens in your video. Pedestrians and traffic start to increase in density only when you're stopped or going slow for the turns. It's not easily noticeable deep in the city because there are many turns and you can't go very fast but when you do go fast the density of the population (pedestrians and traffic) is reduced.
Nope was going full speed near the corpo plaza today and its always packed with cars so tight i cant avoid them. There are some places on highways where cars simply dont spawn but that's been present since the release. And watch my video from 0:25 second Im going full speed and when I get to intersection pedestrians are already there.

"Fixed issues on PlayStation 4 whereby corpses with head dismembered could glitch out."
This is the bug that caused me to get my copy refunded through psn. Was happy to see it in the patch notes so purchased a disc copy, installed the new patch, loaded my game and instantly noticed it still happening... Really disappointed. Is anyone else having this issue when playing on ps4/5 and has the patched fixed? was wandering if starting a new save might resolve it.

Nope was going full speed near the corpo plaza today and its always packed with cars so tight i cant avoid them. There are some places on highways where cars simply dont spawn but that's been present since the release. And watch my video from 0:25 second Im going full speed and when I get to intersection pedestrians are already there.

0:25 are you sure? The city is almost empty.

And to clarify, I'm not saying everyone disappears. But the spawns are sporadic when you go fast where before the patch you'd be obstructed by traffic as it would be packed even when you were moving. Except for the roads that take you out of Night City. Those were almost always empty on every patch.

0:25 are you sure? The city is almost empty.

And to clarify, I'm not saying everyone disappears. But the spawns are sporadic when you go fast where before the patch you'd be obstructed by traffic as it would be packed even when you were moving. Except for the roads that take you out of Night City. Those were almost always empty on every patch.
Look on the sides of my car when Im moving there are pedestrians walking about all the time I can count almost 30 npcs from 0:25 seconds to 0.35 seconds.

That's the thing. You can count them. Before there would be too many to count.
I dont see the problem you are talking about it was like this since the release....
There are more npcs when on foot and game despawns some when you get into a car, children for example get despawned immediately after you enter a car. so you dont run them over.

Exactly what are you arguing about...the traffic itself is SHIT and they havent fixed it and I am wondering why and I hope they will fix it next...maybe in 5 months!

Exactly what are you arguing about...the traffic itself is SHIT and they havent fixed it and I am wondering why and I hope they will fix it next...maybe in 5 months!
I don't mean to offend anyone, but could you define what do you mean by the traffic is 'shit'? If you mean that the pedestrian and car AI is dumb, and the fact that nobody in night city bothered to use motorcycle then I agree. However if you refer to the fact that people disappeared when we ride our vehicle, I think it is quite normal in any open world game this scale. I mean I played GTA and Watchdogs legion and I find that CP has more people roaming around. Sure they are dumb, but I guess what CDPR do with the stream is to decrease the load of the engine, especially on the console.

What could work, however they do have pedestrian density option, maybe when we set it to high or psycho (new option) they can create a bigger crowd, so the last-gen console could get the low/medium setting by default. If that make sense.

However if you refer to the fact that people disappeared when we ride our vehicle, I think it is quite normal in any open world game this scale.
Low crowds while driving are a documented feature, but some numbers of NPCs still have to spawn.

What could work, however they do have pedestrian density option, maybe when we set it to high or psycho (new option) they can create a bigger crowd, so the last-gen console could get the low/medium setting by default. If that make sense.
My i5-9400f struggles on the "High" setting, which I think is only for modern R5s/i7s or higher. The crowds are hugely under-optimized.

However if you refer to the fact that people disappeared when we ride our vehicle, I think it is quite normal in any open world game this scale. I mean I played GTA and Watchdogs legion and I find that CP has more people roaming around.
No the biggest prob for me is the disappearing cars (2d and 3d) plus the badly implemented 2d car models. When I drive into the city and look strictly forward then it aint that bad. Once outside the city and if you drive fast and look behind you shit disappears and spawns wildly. Wilder than in any wet dream. GTA 5 and Legion are FAR more stable in that regard.

My i5-9400f struggles on the "High" setting, which I think is only for modern R5s/i7s or higher. The crowds are hugely under-optimized.

My Ryzen5 doing quite alright with it, although yes I agree I do wonder why the crowds is so taxing in performance despite having non-complex AI. But hey I'm not a programmer so I would not know :D I do however have trouble with pop-in even on 1.2 I am speeding up when suddenly a pedestrian pop-out of nowhere crossing the street.

On that point is why I believe if what people want is a 'complex' AI that eats, sleeps, and having some happy time in jig-jig street ergo having their own routine, they can kiss CP2077 goodbye. Cuz I don't think it could be implemented period, at least not without a heavy performance issue, so unfortunately a generated NPC should do for now.

Unrelated to you post, I get it that people disappointed with a lot of stuff on patch 1.2. Especially the NCPD spawning thing. But CDPR has repeatedly told us that they will focus on bug fixing. and I think the NCPD spawn is intentional. Whether or not CDPR going to implement the GTA-esque Car chase, I dunno. But I think it will come in a long time.

I however feel that they need to fix the game balance in the future patches, but even if they don't, I believe some people will make the mod out of it. Since I recall Witcher 3 has similar issue with balance (game become much easier after awhile even on deathmarch). All in all I think patch 1.2 is good, sure they haven't fix everything, but its a baby step on a right direction imho.

Cheers, choombas

[...]
I play on PC. Before the patch, there were problems, objects were not taken, the interface worked crookedly, objects hung in the air and a lot of other little things. But after the patch, it became much worse, now it is simply impossible to play, the city has become cardboard, graphics are drawn only a couple of meters from the game character, at a farther distance, just outlines of objects. If you go by transport, the city becomes generally empty, since objects (transport and people) simply do not have time to appear. You can drive into an empty parking lot, and then your car will be thrown over, because the parking lot turns out to be in fact not empty and another car is drawn right under you.
It feels like, rather than really addressing performance issues on consoles, they just downgraded the graphs across all platforms. [...]
How can I downgrade to a previous version?

No the biggest prob for me is the disappearing cars (2d and 3d) plus the badly implemented 2d car models. When I drive into the city and look strictly forward then it aint that bad. Once outside the city and if you drive fast and look behind you shit disappears and spawns wildly. Wilder than in any wet dream. GTA 5 and Legion are FAR more stable in that regard.
Ah i see, sorry for misunderstood you earlier. I noticed this problem too, however I think if they increase the spawn/despawn range it will severely impact performance, no? I can be wrong since I don't quite understand technicalities. Would be nice if they give us the option though :D

I played GTA ... and I find that CP has more people roaming around.

You didn't specify which GTA but in V when you drive fast on the highway it's fairly packed. One my pass times in that game when I was bored was to go around the map without crashing at full speed. You simply don't get an experience like this in CP as many of the highway roads are empty.

Top Bottom