Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

+

Petition for the "Enhanced edition" aka Legacy for the ages

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above, you can get an idea about that by looking at this leaked dialogue. Note that it is in fact also a Yennefer update, and there are about 15 more lines between Geralt and Yennefer not shown in the linked dialogue. It may also not be the final version yet, and more could be added later. The changes are fairly small nevertheless, so if nearly 1000 pages of complaints about an aspect of the game that is really lacking were only enough for these tweaks, I would admittedly not have very high expectations regarding the other issues either.
i get what you mean, but the main narrative, mainly the third act which is a mess, and the under-developped villains is just criminal XDD
if a game, which main strength is the story, and you mess up the climax of the entire franchise, which is the confrontation with the wild hunt and uncovering its mysteries and motivations, it would suck big time and would lose its relevance.

I personally I don't think CDPR should have to change much content that is already in the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Act. The parts that are already there are likely to stay and I accept that. However, I would like them to add content that increases the depth of the Third Act. This would mean an expansion that adds:

1. Adds a playable Ciri linear mission in Tir Na Lia that replays many of the events of "The Lady of the Lake" Chapter 5 which would explain the motivations of the Wild Hunt and the animus between Eredin and Ciri – see http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/47769-Stories-and-Adventures-Thread/page4;

2. Adds a portion to “On Thin Ice” where Ciri protects the Witches from attacking Wild Huntsmen and is then taken by Avallach to open the gate to the White Frost (When she is taken it should be ambiguous as to whether she is going willfully) - The reason for this is I think we need more of a sense of danger in the final mission as it should be the Climax … currently the stakes seem higher in Battle of Kaer Morhen than On Thin Ice … I would accept other options to change that … however, I don’t think it would be fair to CDPR to change greatly change content that is already there, so this was the best I can come up with;

3. Adds playable mission at the very end where Ciri defeats the White Frost (with some sort of explanation as to how that would happen -I’m okay with it contradicting what everyone thinks about the White Frost in the books, all I want is a few paragraphs of explanation), rather than a short cut scene (include ice skating!);

4. Adds a romance side quest for Yen in Skellidge before ending (if in a relationship by 3rd Act);

5. Adds a romance side quest for Triss in Skellidge before ending (if in a relationship by 3rd Act);

6. Adds dialogue conversations between characters during 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Act (especially on Skellidge – but in other locations as well). This includes additional conversation options with Fringilla, Margarita, Avallach, Ciri, Yen, Triss, Dandelion, Zoltan, and etc;

7. Adds post – main mission celebration event in Dandelion’s Novigrad tavern with the surviving members of Yen, Triss, other sorceresses, Dandelion, Zoltan, Roche, Ves, Dikstra, Ciri, Cerys, Hjalmar, a returned Bloody Baron, Priscilla, Dudu, Eskel, Lambert, Kiera, Letho and etc. If characters like Iorveth, Saskia and Shani show up in other expansions, they could show up too;

8. Have more conversations and choices with Ciri effect which ending you get – specifically important would be whether you helped Ciri and the elves steal horses in “Payback”, whether Geralt understands her choice to fight the White Frost at the end of the game – see https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3b73nq/major_spoilers_why_i_believe_relationship/;

9. More atmospheric change in Novigrad and Oxenfurt if Radovid is Assassinated. In Novigrad - NPCs discussing it, Flaming Rose priests preaching about it, non-humans being further tormented because of it (maybe even burn down non-human camp outside of Novigrad). In Oxenfurt - NPCs discussing it, Northern Army Soldiers addressing group of civilians - telling them about declaration of martial law, announcing Northern Army Commanders as provisional rulers, new groups of deserters found in the woods near Oxenfurt. This is likely too much pie in the sky thinking as the amount of coding required to pull it off would be enormous. But it is very strange that the cities don't really change despite the fact that Radovid is dead.

I would gladly pay $9.99 for that content … probably even $14.99. It still wouldn’t be perfect for me because I don’t know of any way to make “On Thin Ice” as climatic as “Battle of Kaer Morhen,” but I would enjoy all of this additional content.

Last edited:
It's not like the game is incomplete, but sure there's a lot of room for improvements, and OP's list is one hell of a promising list. I wouldn't mind paying the full price.

Look, even Triss' boobs are casting their vote

I'll be damned if I don't :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 51
i get what you mean, but the main narrative, mainly the third act which is a mess, and the under-developped villains is just criminal XDD
if a game, which main strength is the story, and you mess up the climax of the entire franchise, which is the confrontation with the wild hunt and uncovering its mysteries and motivations, it would suck big time and would lose its relevance.

I agree the main narrative could have been better towards the end of the game, but so far it looks like there is no developer response in the "Eredin says 12 sentences during the whole game" and "Why the main narrative in the last third of the game is a mess" threads. The after ending issue did get a response, explaining that it would be a lot of work to implement properly, but it has not been confirmed yet if changes are going to be made. It seems major content additions are not likely, but maybe changes are considered, there is just limited communication from the developers.

To be fair if they were going to add this type of content (an end game expansion), it would be story content which means they would be less likely to say anything about it to avoid spoilers. However, I agree that it is very unlikely we will see any of the changes we are suggesting here. It could happen and I would love it, but I by no means expect it to happen for two reasons.

First of all, it could be that they think the ending is what they want it to be, and don't want to make changes to the end of the game. I can actually respect that (even if it makes me a little disappointed). Given the sales, the critical reception and fan reception of the game overall, I doubt they feel like they need to change anything. There are certainly flaws (many of them discussed at length in the threads you mentioned), but most of my gamer friends I hang out with and talk to are by and large satisfied.

Second, while it would probably be both economically and technically feasible to create additions to the ending, what is the opportunity cost? What has to be shelved or delayed in some future product in order to accomplish the changes we are discussing here. Every company has finite resources in human capital. Only some many hours to program and such. Where do you invest your time?

So yeah ... I guess my point is that I agree it's very unlikely the suggestions here will be taken up, and that's okay. I'm still gonna offer up suggestions, mainly because I'm a nerd about this stuff and like thinking about ways to improve the experience. And who knows, maybe they will do some of this stuff. And then we can feel like bosses (even though we won't be .... and we will have done very little in terms of the actual work ... but still ... BOSSES).

Since this is now my all time favorite game, I would gladly pay to have it in an enhanced edition. As much as I love this game, the third act of the story, while good, it is not exceptional. And this is actually something that mostly all developers do with their games. The game seems so polished, so complete all the way until the end where things start to fragment and a lot of stuff feels rushed. It was the same way with Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect etc etc.

And the post game save is horrible. Rather stop playing before I finish the story than to continue after. This game is already a masterpiece of a game, but it could be legendary. If I could actually continue after the end of the game and have the game world reflect in some way the end of the story, I would be so pleased.

Okay so this is my second stab at it, pretending that time and costs aren't an issue. For a more realistic expansion idea please see my above post (#42). This is the pie in the sky, how I would build on the current third act version. Game Plays as is until the Third Act.
  1. Bald MountainAs is
  2. Final Preparations
    1. Blindingly Obvious – AS is
      1. Reasons of State – rather than a plot to kill Radovid, this is a plot to help Nilfgaard take Novigrad from the Church of the Enternal Fire, allowing them to have a landing zone and supply port North of the Pontar River. Geralt, Roach, Dikstra, Thaler, Cleaver, the Beggard King and the remaining sorceresses help disable the city defenses allowing for Battle of the Blackwater style invasion. The Battle itself then commences and is told mostly through cut scenes and small linear sections to save memory space, as an open world battle in the city would probably crash the game.
      2. Afterwards, Cleaver has been killed in the battle. Geralt ends up overlooking the city with Dikstra and the Beggar King. Dikstra has several men surround the Beggar King and it is clear that Dikstra means to be the sole ruler of Novigrad. He tells Geralt to get out of there. Geralt can:
        1. Choose to leave, you hear the Beggar King being killed as you walk away. Dikstra will rule Novigrad.
        2. Choose to defend the Beggar King. Dikstra and his men die. The Beggar King will rule Novigrad.
      3. If you choose to complete this quest, the survivor of the Dikstra/Beggar King choice is placed in charge of the Vassal City of Novigrad and Temeria becomes a vassal within Nilfgaard with Anais as the puppet ruler. Afterwards, all the Novigrad soldiers in Novigrad and Grassy Knoll are replaced with Nilfgaardian Soldiers for the rest of the game. All church of the Enternal Fire Priest are no longer in the city. A few other small changes, but nothing huge. Some NPC chatter changes, and etc. If you choose not to complete the quest, Radovid wins the war as before.
    2. The Great Escape – As is
    3. Payback – As is
  3. Through Time and Space – Plays as is until Ge’el comes to Novigrad
    1. King of the Alders – Ciri Playable Mission in Tir na Lia telling her story in “Lady of the Lake.” This is in place of the short cutscene at the end of “Through Time and Space.”
      I've already mentioned this in other threads but this seems like a place where CDPR might see it. Ge'el's dream with Corinne at the end of "Through Time and Space" would greatly benefit from being told through Ciri's eyes as a linear flashback mission that retells many of the events of Chapter 5 in "The Lady of the Lake" - when she was in Tir na Lia.

Would give more context to the whole history between Ciri and the Wild Hunt and it would have also served as showing Ge'el what really happened to the King in a more narrative fashion. Granted it would add a 30 minute or so linear mission into the game. But I would have still liked to have seen it.

EDITED: I actually mapped out what parts of the Chapter 5 in "The Lady of the Lake" could have been used. I did some cutting and pasting of the English fan translations of the relevant chapter. It could go like this ...
      In “Through Time and Space” Geralt, Avallac’h and Ge’el return to Novigrad to convince Ge’el that Eredin killed King Auberon.

The scene plays out as it currently is until you get to Ge’el’s line:

Ge'el: “Ah yes, the oneiromancer. Visions that cannot be fabricated …

from that point on he would continue: “suppose I agree to this dream. What then? Do you expect me immediately betray Eredin and proclaim Avallac’h our King?”

Geralt responds how you choose.

Ge’el: “And this dream will show me who killed our King?”

Avallac’h:You will see what Zireael has seen. The events leading to Auberon’s death.

Ge’el:Very well. Have your oracle summon dreams of my King’s last moments.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dream begins with the player riding Kelpie as Ciri with Avallac’h.

Avallac’h: “We will soon arrive at Tir na Lia, Loc’hlaith.”

Ciri: “I am not the Lady of the Lake! I am a prisoner here! And you are my jailor! Why not admit it?

Avallac’h: “A prisoner … a prisoner that is ill-treated, you have said so before. The riding trips are undoubtedly forced, you wear a sword on your back under pressure and as punishment you have to wear those garments, which are so much more tasteful, newer and cleaner than the one in which you were discovered. These wrongs that we have committed against you, you repay with rebellion."

Ciri: "When I go riding, I always end up back at the same place. Whether I head out on either side, whether I change direction, no matter what I do, every time I end up back where I started. Every time. I cannot get away from this place. So it is a prison. It’s worse than a dungeon with bars on the windows. I just want one thing – to go home! To my world! To my people! To those who think just like me! In the same way!"

Avallac’h: “You can go back to them … after a period of time. We have been waiting a long time, fearful of one thing – that you would not be able to get here. But you did it. You have confirmed your origin, your blood. And that means that here, and not among the Dh’oine is your place. You are the rightful daughter of Lara Dorren aep Shiadhal.”

Ciri: “I am the daughter of Pavetta! I do not even know who this Lara of yours is!”

Avallac’h: “A few generations of lineage means nothing to the Aen Elle. What matters is that you are a direct descendant of Lara Dorren. She who chose as her love the human Cregennan of Lod. In her blood, your blood, lies the key to saving our people. We want you to bear a son, Swallow, daughter of Lara Dorren. Once you give birth to the child, we’ll let you leave here and go back to your own world. Of course, the choice is yours. I imagine your wild ride will have helped you to make the decision. What is your answer?”

Ciri: “My answer is no. Categorically, permanently, no. I’m not ready and that is that. How can you even ask such a thing? How can you? By what right?”

Avallac’h: “We have the right and we can demand, Swallow. Your … D’hoine ancestor … , Cregennan, took our child. You have to give one to us. To pay off the debt. It seems to me to be only logical and fair.”

Ciri: “But I won’t do it! Do you not understand? I won’t! I hate the idea that you would try to implant a fucking parasite in me, it makes me sick to think that this parasite would grow in me, that … I’ll escape, you will not be able to hold me against my will.

Avallac’h: “As I said, the decision is yours. We respect that, but we must take certain steps. You will find that there is no escape, Swallow. If you refuse to cooperate, then you will stay here forever and you will never see your world or friends again.”

They ride silently for a few moments until they reach a view of Tir na Lia. You may optionally choose the following:

Ciri: ‘Avallac’h.’

Avallac’h: ‘Go ahead.’

Ciri: “Who is to be the father of the child, for whom you care so much? Or maybe it does not matter?’

Avallac’h: ‘The father will be Auberon Muircetach. Auberon Muircetach is our… How do you say… King?”

Ciri: ‘King? King of the Alders?’

Avallac’h: “You can call him that.”

Regardless of the above conversation. Ciri can only conclude teh converdation by choosing the option that leads to:

Ciri: ‘If I decide to ... then… later… I’ll be free?’

Avallac’h: If you agree you will be free to return to your world or to stay here with the child. I give you my word. Does that mean you have decided?’

Ciri: “I’ll decide when we get there.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciri and Avallac’h approach Tir na Lia. They dismount and Eredin approaches Avallac’h and Ciri. He is wearing the same armor he has on in game.

Eredin: “Avallac’h.”

Avallac’h: “Zireael, let me introduce to you this man – Eredin Breacc Glas.”

Ciri:"Hael Eredin." She smiles."

Or

Ciri: "Nice armour." She laughs.

Eredin: [To Ciri] - “Nice to meet you" (he does not say this part if Ciri is less polite). [To Avallac’h] - "She looks like an ordinary small Dh’oine. In this creation, deeply hidden, lies Lara’s gene? Who else, if not you, should know? Ah … there it is, in her eyes I find something that awakens in me the memory of Lara Dorren. Like I’ve found a nugget of gold on a pile of manure. I wonder if this girl, who is trying to pierce my eyes, knows the reason why she is here?”

Avallac’h: ‘Yes.’

Eredin: “And is she ready to cooperate?”

Avallac’h: “Not quite.”

Eredin: ‘Not quite. This is bad. The nature of the task requires cooperation for it to completely work. Unconditional. Otherwise it will not work.”

Avallac’h: “Is Auberon expecting us?”

Eredin: “Yes, the King is expecting you. He is anxious. He has demanded that the Swallow come to him immediately, without a moment’s delay. Now if you’ll excuse me, duty calls. Oh, one more thing…”

Eredin leans down and plucks a blossoming twig of myrtle. He sniffs it and the hands it to Ciri with a bow (if Ciri was polite). Walks straight over to her otherwise.

Eredin: “Reconciliation. An apology for careless words (he does not say this if Ciri was less polite earlier). "Listen to me very carefully, Zireael. There is no escape. You cannot break the barrier of Magic around this place. And even if by some miracle you pass the barriers, know that my Hunters, are able to cross the chasms of time and space. Va Faill, luned.”

Avallac’h: “Let’s go. With your permission, Zireael. I am going to leave you in the hands of the women. You’ll have to prepare quickly. First impressions are everything.”

After a bath, Ciri walks up to the Royal apartments. Ciri awaits in a room when a very charming Elf enters the room.

Auberon: ‘Zireael. Thank you for agreeing to see me. Are you nervous?’

Ciri: ‘No, I’m not.’

Or:

Ciri: "A little."

Auberon: ‘Are you in a hurry?’

Ciri: ‘Of course.’

Auberon: ‘Would I be unduly curious, if I asked where you are in such a hurry to go?’

Ciri: ‘Home. To my world.’

Auberon: “Your world! Your hairy ancestors appeared with sword in hand latter than the chickens. And yet I have never heard a hen claim that it was “their world”. We, Aen Elle, we cared very little about the deeds of your ancestors. We left that world a long time ago. We chose another universe, more interesting. In that time, it will surprise you, it was possible to move freely from one world to another quite easily. So, it was, so it was… We told ourselves, what’s the difference, we will stay here a little while, then there a little while, so what if the stupid Dh’oine insist on destroying themselves and the world? We’ll go somewhere else … Then came the Conjunction of the Spheres. The number of worlds increased. But the door closed. It was closed to all but a handful of people – like Lara Dorren. And the clock was ticking. We needed to open the door. Urgently. It was imperative. Do you understand that word?’

Ciri: ‘I’m not stupid.’

Auberon: “No, you’re not. You cannot be. You are the Elder Blood. When I was told, I did not believe it. But it is true. Your eyes are Shiadhal. Lara’s eyes. Would you like some food?”

Ciri: “Yes. Thank you.”

They sit down and eat together and eat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ciri finishes her desert and sips wine. She appears tipsy. Auberon smiles at her.

Auberon: “As I understand it, you are convinced that destiny binds you to this man, Geralt?”

Ciri: “That’s right, Destiny. He, that is, Geralt, is predestined for me, and I him. Our fates are intertwined. Therefore it would be better if I left immediately. Do you understand?”

Auberon: “I admit, not much.”

Ciri: ‘Destiny. The power that is not advisable to resist.”

Auberon: “What do you mean?”

Ciri: “I think it is wrong for you to keep me here. And if you force me… Well, you know what I mean. I have to leave here, and hurry to aid Geralt and Yennefer … Because my destiny…”

Auberon: “Fate. Predestination. Something that is inevitable. The mechanism that causes a virtually infinite number of unforeseeable events to necessarily lead to one result and not another. Is that it?”

Ciri: “Exactly!”

Auberon: “So where and why do you want to go? Drink wine, enjoy the moment, enjoy life. What is to come, will come, if it is inevitable.”

Ciri: “No. You can’t sit there and do nothing. Nothing comes by itself! You’ll miss the right moment… There is often only one, unrepeatable. Time cannot go backwards.”

He stands and walks over to her location.

Auberon: “Time is the passing moments, like grains of sand in an hourglass. We try to measure acts and events, but in every deed and every event lurks in the past, the present and the future – in short, eternity. Every departure is also returning, every welcome is also a goodbye. Everything is simultaneously the beginning and the end. And you… You’re the beginning and the end. And because there was a question of destiny, know that this is your destiny. Being the beginning and the end. You are everything to us. Everything to me. Do you understand?”

Ciri: ‘I understand.’

He kisses her and she returns the kiss. Auberon kisses and touches Ciri. Biting her lip.

Auberon: “Undress please.”

Player choose to undress or stay dressed. If player chooses undress:

Though obviously shocked by the request, Ciri begins to untie her dress. He sees her body (the player does not though) gets up and walks away. Leaving her flushed and trembling. He does not even look at her. Ciri’s blood rushes to her face and forehead. She curls up on the bed and begins to sob.

If player chooses not to undress:

Ciri stands there petrified.

Auberon: I apologize. Will you join me again tomorrow evening for company.

Ciri: Do I have a Choice?

Auberon: Yes.

Ciri: Fine. Goodnight your Majesty.

Auberon: Thank you for coming. Now leave me alone. Va faill, Luned.

The next day she awakens. She leaves her room to find Avallac’h in the Court yard.

Avallac’h: Zireal. How are you feeling this morning?

Ciri: “…”

Depending on what Ciri chose the night before it is either:

Avallac’h: “Ah … I see. You’re disappointed, Disappointed and disillusioned and above all outraged. Please remember that Auberon wants to treat you with reverence, as a native Aen Elle. Do not forget, we, the People of the Alders, do not ever hurry. We have time.”

Or:

Avallac’h: "Ah ... I see. Do not worry. Nothing will be forced upon you. As I have said, you have a choice. Please remember that Auberon wants to treat you with reverence, as a native Aen Elle. Do not forget, we, the People of the Alders, do not ever hurry. We have time.”

After a moment of silence he continues -

Avallac’h: ‘We have very serious reasons for believing, that your world is in danger of disappearing. You must have heard of Ithlinne’s Prophecy. She speaks of the time of the White Frost. It will be a powerful ice age so extensive that it threatens the existence of most living creatures on the world where you were born. Those who survive will fall into barbarism, killing each other in ruthless battles for food, they will become prey to predators mad with hunger. The child, on which so much depends in the prophesy, will be a descendant of Lara Dorren and may save the inhabitants of your world. You are the descendant of Lara and we believe that your child will have abilities a thousand times more powerful than those we have. In short, we will have the opportunity to travel between the worlds, and not for only a single person. We want to open Ard Gaeth – The Great Gate, which all will pass through. We will evacuate the dying world, the Aen Seidhe, all of the endangered, Zireael. Everyone, even the humans.”

Ciri: “Really? Even the Dh’oine?”

Avallac’h: “Yes. Trust me. Do you now see how important you are, how we care about you? It is important that you return to Auberon and spend the night with him.Remember that time is of no importance here.”

Ciri: “For me it is!”

Avallac’h: “I told you not to behave like a stubborn child. I’ll repeat – this arrangement is your only chance at freedom.”

Ciri: "Really? ‘I’m beginning to have my doubts! I’m beginning to suspect that you’ve tricked me! That you have all deceived me…"

Avallac’h: ‘I promised that you will return to your world. I’ve given my word. To doubt ones word is a very serious offence for the Aen Elle.”

Ciri: “Please excuse me for doubting those who are trying to blackmail me! You say I have a choice, but what choice do I have? You act as though my blood is a blessing. Well I can assure that Lara Dorren's blood is nothing but a curse!"

Avallac’h: “Who are you, to dare to so profane her name? Oh, I know, I can see who you are. You are the daughter of Cregennan. You are an inconsiderable, arrogant, narcissistic dh’oine, a representative example of a race that knows nothing, but that has to ruin and destroy everything, who can defile with a touch alone and befoul with a mere thought. Your ancestors stole my love from me, smug and ruthlessly took her away. You may be worthy to be his daughter but I will not let you take my memories of her away.”

The sit silently for several moments. Ciri can choose to say nothing and storms away from Avallac'h.

Or:

Ciri: "Avallac’h. Forgive me. I behaved stupidly and miserably. Forgive me. And, if you can, forget it.’

Avallac’h: “It’s forgotten. No more talk about the matter.”

Avallac'h pulls out a flute and begins to play as Ciri listens.

Ciri finds Kelpie in her stall and brings up her saddle and harness. She lifts her head and sees Eredin. He sits on his dark brown stallion, now free from his demonic combat gear. The rider, however, wore chainmail under his red jacket.

Ciri: ‘Be careful. Kelpie does not like strangers. And she bites.’

Eredin: ‘Those that bite, should be curried with an iron brush. Until they bleed. This is the proven method for treating defiance. Not just for mares.’

Ciri: ‘What’s with the armor? Are you going to war?”

Eredin: ‘On the contrary, I long for peace. You mares vices aside, does it have any virtues?’

Ciri: ‘What kind?’

Eredin: ‘Maybe speed. We’ll have a race?’

Ciri: ‘If you want, why not."

Eredin: I suggest we do so along the river. That way. To Porphyry Bridge, the third downstream, then to the other shore and further downstream to the mouth of the river. Ready?’

Ciri: ‘Always.’

They Race. Gameplay to the bridge.

Eredin: ‘My appreciation, for the mare and its rider. Come with me, please.’

They walk away from the bridge and up a mountain path. As they walk the following conversation occurs.

Eredin: “Here you will stay forever, my light butterfly. Until the end of your life. You will not be allowed to leave here, They are unwilling to admit despite the prophecy and myth, you’re nobody, you’re nothing, only a creature without importance. Believe it, they will not let you go. They promised it to you, just to deceive you and to provide you your tractability. They never intended to make good on their promise. Never.”

Ciri: “Avallac’h, he gave his word. Doubting an elf’s word is apparently an insult.”

Eredin: “Avallac’h is Aen Saevherne. The Knowing ones have their own code of honour, which with many noble phrases conceal an old rule that the end justifies the means.”

Ciri: “I don’t understand why you are telling me all this. Unless… You have something you want from me. You want to barter. What is it? Eredin? My freedom… For what?”

They arrive at a Gaxebo at a waterfall on a stone terrace. Below them she can see the trees, the ribbon of the river and the roofs, terraces and colonnades of Tir Na Lia. They sit on a couch in the Gazebo.

Eredin: ‘Undoubtedly, you already know little enough about Auberon. You certainly already noticed that he is ambitious. There are things that he’ll never accept, never take note of. He’d sooner die. Auberon Muircetach, never uses magic or other means able to change a situation. But such means exist. Good, strong, guaranteed resources. Much more reliable than the pheromones that Avallac’h’s maids blend into your perfume.”

He quickly ran his hand over the veined marble table. When he removed his hand there was a bottle of grey-green jade.

Ciri: ‘No, I will not. Absolutely not.’

Eredin: ‘You did not let me finish.’

Ciri: “Do not take me for a fool. I will not give him what is in this flask. I won’t do those kind of things.”

Eredin: “You draw to hasty conclusions … in this race, you are overtaking yourself. Something like that always ends in a fall. A very painful fall.”

Ciri: “I said no!”

Eredin: “Think it over. Regardless of what the bottle contains, you always come out ahead, Swallow.”

Ciri: “No!”

With a quick and smooth motion, like a magician, the elf make the bottle disappear from the table.

Eredin: “You’ll die here, butterfly. They will not let you go. But the decision is up to you.”

Ciri: “I’ve made a covenant. For my freedom…”

Eredin: “Freedom. You are still talking about freedom. What would you do if you finally regained it? Where would you go? Do you realise that you are on our world at the moment, not only in space but time. Time flows differently here that there. Those who you once knew have long since died.”

Ciri: “I do not believe you.’

Eredin: “Remember your legends. Legends about people missing and returning after a year, only to see the graves of their relatives covered by grass. Are you going to say that they were pure fantasy, things taken from stories? You are wrong. For centuries, your people have been kidnapped, snatched by riders, by the Wild Hunt. Abducted, exploited and then thrown away like an empty shell once consumed. But do not expect to be that lucky, Zireael. You will die here, you will not see the graves of your friends.”

Ciri: “You are a liar!”

Eredin: ‘Believe what you will. You chose your destiny. Let us return.”

Ciri goes to the Royal Apartments again. The royal apartments appear empty, the silence and stillness are absolute. She sees Auberon, sitting on a couch, with a white shirt that exposing his narrow shoulders. The face and hands of the King of the Alders are almost as white as his shirt.

Auberon: ‘Shiadhal?’

He opened his hand and something falls to the carpet. It is the grey-green bottle Eredin held earlier.

Auberon: “Lara, come to me daughter. I will not be able to see your child. Zireael, Lod’hlaith, you are destined to be the Lady of the Lake. So something also begins. Yet, I have no desire to die, Zireael. And I find it terribly sad that it has to happen. I thought that I would have no regrets. I have lived a long time, I have known everything. I’m bored of it all… however, now I feel regret. And do you want to know something else? Come closer, I whisper it. Let it be our secret. I’m afraid.”

Ciri: “I know.”

Auberon: “Are you with me?”

Ciri: “I am.”

Auberon:Va Faill, Luned.

Ciri: “Goodbye, King of the Alders.”

She sits beside him, still holding his hand after his breathing hushed and ceased. It thunders outside.

Ciri leaves the room and the storm picks up. The player guides her out of the palace and to a boat. When she passed the third bridge, Eredin jumps onto the bow of the boat and rocks it. Ciri drops the boat’s pole and drew her sword.

Eredin: ‘I see, you want to deprive us of your company?’

He draws his sword and approaches her. They fight on the boat. When his health is at 2/3 the following conversation begins.

Eredin: ‘Where did you learn all this, Swallow?’

Ciri: “You’d be surprised.”

Eredin: “I doubt it. The river can overcome the barrier. Did you figure this out yourself or did someone advise you?”

Ciri: “I doesn’t matter.”

Eredin: “Yes it does. And we’ll find out. We have our ways. But now, drop the sword and return.”

Ciri: “Never.”

Eredin: “We are going back, Zireael. Auberon is waiting. I guarantee that tonight he will be full of desires and requests.”

Ciri: “I doubt it. He overdosed on the stimulant you gave him. Or was it meant to do something else entirely?”

Eredin: “What are you talking about?”

Ciri: “He’s dead.”

He looks suprised and then he angrily attacks her.

Eredin: “Surely you realise, Swallow, that you are only delaying the inevitable. I cannot let you leave.”

Ciri: “Why? Auberon is dead. And I’m nobody and of no importance. It was you who told me that.”

Eredin: “Because that is the truth. You mean nothing. You are a tiny moth, which I can crush between my two fingers into silver powder. But if left alone, you can do irreparable damage to the most precious fabric. You are nothing. Nothing but annoying.”

They fight. When his health reaches zero, he knocks her sword out of her hand. The dialogue continues.

Eredin: ‘You dared to take up arms against me, Zireael. It’s too late to regret or forgive something like that. I will not kill you. But a few weeks in bed with bandages will do you good.’

Ciri: “Hold on. I want to say something else. I want to reveal a secret.”

Eredin: “What do you have to tell me? What pathetic secret?”

Ciri: “You will not fit under the bridge.”

Eredin’s head hits the bottom of the bridge, and he flies forward, losing his balance completely. Ciri stabs him in the thigh, just below the chainmail. He jumps overboard into the river and the waters close over him.

Ciri: “A few weeks in bed in bandages, will do you good.”

The dream ends and Ge’el awakes.

Ge’el: He lied to me. He said you were the cause of our misfortune. He told me you killed Auberon. But it was him. Through negligence or malice. He lied to me. I owe him nothing. I will not kill my own kin. You must face him on your terms. In a place of your choosing. It is your only chance. Sail to Skellidge and find the Sunstone. With it, you will summon the Nagifar. Eredin will come too. Should he call for reinforcements. No Aen Elle will answer.

Avallac’h: You have done a thing must just.

The game continues as before.
      All credit for almost all of the words themselves of course goes to Andrzej Sapkowski. I just did some cutting and rearranging with a few other changes here and there (like changing past tense to present tense, adding a few words in one place to save a paragraph in another). All of the changes are to abbreviate the scenes as much as possible to make a more video game friendly experience. Sorry to anyone who thinks I butchered it. It would obviously be a lot different in game. But these are the scenes that I think are crucial. It combines 4 of the scenes with Avallac'h into 2 scenes, 2 of the scenes with Avallac'h and Eredin into one scene and 3 of the scenes with Auberon into 2 scenes. The two scenes with just Ciri and Eredin remain mostly unchanged.
  4. Battle Preparations
    1. Veni Vido Vigo – In this alternative, Fringilla has not been imprisoned by Nilfgaard, but is instead still living in Beauclair. So rather than everyone heading to Skellidge together, Avallach and Ciri sail to Skellige while Triss, Yennefer, Phillippa, Margarita and Dandelion accompany Geralt to Toussaint in order to recruit Fringilla Vigo. They plan to meet in Skellige in several days. Geralt et al travel via portal of course. “Blood and Wine” expansion also takes place while accomplishing this main quest. Complications arise, but ultimately Fringilla joins the group.
    2. Sunstone – As is
      1. Child of the Elder Blood – As is
      2. Skjall’s Grave – As is
  5. On Thin Ice – Mission begins exactly the same in the tent with all those conversations.
    1. However as you initiate the conversation with Avallach, the Wild Hunt arrives in force from every direction, ambushing the ambushers (this creates more of a sense of danger and emphasizes that this is the climax). You jump between Geralt and Ciri throughout the fight, protecting witches, killing Red Riders, depending on your choices during the fight and earlier in the game can lead to the deaths of several main characters. Ciri is ultimately captured by Eredin, but Geralt is able to board his ship, capture it and kill Caranthir. As Geralt and Avallach chase Eredin, he opens a portal and carries Ciri through it (taking only a few huntsmen with him – the rest are abandoned to die in Skellige). Geralt and Avallach run through the portal just before it closes.
    2. They are at the Spiral (a.k.a. the Gateway of the Worlds, a.k.a. the place where all the dimensions meet that is mentioned in The Lady of the Lake by Eredin when his wraith haunts Ciri in a tavern). Eredin and Avallach begin to argue. It becomes clear that Eredin’s intent is to sacrifice Ciri through a ritual that will open the Gateway of the Worlds. This will give the Anne Elle the ability to travel between the nearly infinite worlds and escape the White Frost (at least for a time). Eredin and Avallach argue about the necessity of Ciri’s death to open the gate between the worlds. Eventually it is clear that the two sides will not agree and Eredin tells his remaining Huntsmen to attack Geralt and Avallach while he completes the ritual to open the Gateway of the Worlds.
    3. When you kill all the Huntsmen that remain, a cut scene begins where Avallach runs ahead but is knock unconscious by Eredin. Geralt must then face Eredin alone. The fight is largely the same as before. When Eredin is at 0% health, a cut scene begins where he seriously wounds Geralt. Just as Eredin is about to land a killing blow on Geralt, Ciri stabs Eredin in the back and kills him.
    4. Ciri tells Geralt that she must attempt to open the Gates between the worlds, despite the fact that it may kill her in the process. Geralt worries about what will happen to humanity when the Gate is opened. She says that she trusts Avallach, but that more importantly if she doesn't open it, everyone on their world is doomed to die in the White Frost. Geralt may reply several ways, but because of his injuries he is helpless to stop her. Ciri then begins the ritual.
      1. If Geralt mostly made the choices that supported Ciri’s independence earlier in the game, then the cut scene plays and she opens the gateway.
      2. If Geralt mostly did not make choices that supported Ciri’s independence earlier in the game, then a cut scene plays where Ciri opens the Gateway but dies in the process as her life force is drained from her. She collapses and dies in Geralt’s arms.
  6. Ending
    1. Ending A – Ciri is dead. Geralt and Avallach use the Gateway to travel to Tir na Lia. Avallach becomes King of the Alders since through his help Ciri was able to open the Gateway of the Worlds, and in return for your assistance outlaws the slavery of humanity by the Anne Elle and promises to help humanity when the White Frost comes.
      1. Geralt is then teleported back to his world with Ciri’s body. Geralt tells Ehmyr what happened and Ehmyr says he never wants to see Geralt again. Then the game flashes forward six months.
      2. It plays out just like in the “bad ending” where Geralt hunts the final Lady of the Woods, with the same ending.
    2. Ending B – Ciri lives. Geralt, Ciri and Avallach use the Gateway to travel to Tir na Lia. Avallach becomes King of the Alders since through his help Ciri was able to open the Gateway of the Worlds, and in return for your assistance outlaws the slavery of humanity by the Anne Elle and promises to help humanity when the White Frost comes.
      1. Geralt and Ciri then leave Tir na Lia and arrive in Skellige. Ehmyr offers Ciri the choice to become an Empress. She makes her decision based on whether she met him previously. He respects her choice either way. Then the scene flashes forward six months to a gathering of all the surviving main characters.
        1. If Reasons of State was not complete (and Radovid wins), a gathering occurs in Kaer Trolde with all of the surviving main characters. You can have a lengthy conversation with each character present.
          1. If Geralt has a romantic partner, the evening ends in a scene with her.
            1. In the final scene the next morning Geralt wishes Ciri farewell (he is retiring) as she goes with Eskel.
          2. If Geralt does not have a romantic partner, he ends the evening drinking with Eskel, Lambert, Dandelion and Zoltan.
            1. In the final scene the next morning Geralt and Ciri sail from Skellige and discuss what they will do next.
        2. If Reasons of State is completed and Ciri agrees to become Empress, a gathering occurs in Vizma Palace with all of the surviving main characters. You can have a lengthy conversation with each character present.
            1. In the final scene the next morning Geralt wishes Ciri farewell as she goes with Emhyr.
          2. If Geralt does not have a romantic partner, he ends the evening drinking with Eskel, Lambert, Dandelion and Zoltan.
            1. In the final scene the next morning Geralt wishes Ciri farewell as she goes with Emhyr.
        3. If Reasons of State is completed and Ciri does not agree to become empress, a gathering occurs in Danelion’s Novigrad establishment with all of the surviving main characters. You can have a lengthy conversation with each character present.
            1. In the final scene the next morning Geralt wishes Ciri farewell (he is retiring) as she goes with Eskel.
            1. In the final scene the next morning Geralt and Ciri ride from Novigrad together and discuss what they will do next.
  7. Slides play telling players the fate of all the main characters.

Honestly, I like this story structure a little better. I'm sure most will disagree and think it seems a little generic ... but it hits all of my buttons.

EDIT: All of the underlined portions are now changes from the original post. I like it this way better.

Last edited:
Hense she is a puppet. She'll have other people actually running things, but she is "Queen." Just like Radovid was "King" when he was young. A regency council actually does all the work, but she is the figurehead. Sorry for the lack of detail on some parts, its was getting long.

A "complete" Enhanced or GOTY Edition with all DLC and Expansions on disc, please, please, please!
My ps4 will never be connected to the web, we just don't have the download available here, (No updated versions, DLC, or expansions are therefore available) so I would gladly pay full price again to get everything on disc.

Didn't read all the answers... gotta think about profit: despite the general consensus here, CDPR is not a company that wants to give the best game because of love towards the player. They pursue profit, while in the meantime of course trying to deliver the best product possible.

Paying a whole new game for EE is unreasonable marketing-wise, and also adverse to the previous CDPR marketing moves. EE must be a FREE upgrade to the owners of the game. Anyway, it could be a mean of keeping the price high for those who have not purchased the game yet: EE + expansions = a game which can still sell at or near the release "full" price after some time.

But maybe the best investment about EE lies in CDPR's reputation. Having a game this popular and further improving it substantially FREE could be a great benefit for CDPR's image of "gaming house which cares for the player, which there are few anymore". I'm not being ironical, this is the marketing strategy they have chosen after all, which is undoubtedly very good for us gamers as well, unless someone take it further thinking it's about love (a word which doesn't exist in industry).

So in the end EE could keep the selling price high and more importantly give a further boost to CDPR's reputation, which will repay in due time. Could be good reasons. I believe they will release EE and that they are probably already working on some ideas along with the expansions, but just my 50 cents ;)

So in the end EE could keep the selling price high and more importantly give a further boost to CDPR's reputation, which will repay in due time. Could be good reasons. I believe they will release EE and that they are probably already working on some ideas along with the expansions, but just my 50 cents ;)

It would also give the game more exposure again at a time when probably not too many people would still play it. The EE would appear in gaming news, resulting in a temporary increase in sales, especially if combined with a discount. It would also give a reason to replay the game for those who already bought it, which indirectly has some advertising value as well (word of mouth and things like Steam's top 100 most played games list). Although these benefits may very well be too minor compared to the cost of making an enhanced edition. The previous games did have enhanced editions, but maybe it is not worth now because of the higher development costs and the focus on consoles (where initial sales are high, but long term sales tend to decrease at a faster rate, so they are less important), and the paid expansions are made instead of an enhanced edition.

It would also give the game more exposure again at a time when probably not too many people would still play it. The EE would appear in gaming news, resulting in a temporary increase in sales, especially if combined with a discount. It would also give a reason to replay the game for those who already bought it, which indirectly has some advertising value as well (word of mouth and things like Steam's top 100 most played games list). Although these benefits may very well be too minor compared to the cost of making an enhanced edition. The previous games did have enhanced editions, but maybe it is not worth now because of the higher development costs and the focus on consoles (where initial sales are high, but long term sales tend to decrease at a faster rate, so they are less important), and the paid expansions are made instead of an enhanced edition.

You're right on that. In fact EE, expansions and modding community (on PC) are the best weapons they have to ensure that the game will be played for a long time.

I think that advertising and reputation value is huge.. It's a matter of fact that nowadays for big companies what it takes to advertise the game is more than the cost of the game itself. Maybe they will not repay the expense for making EE itself in a short time, but surely will in the long term

In my fullest opinon, atleast what i believe is big enough when it comes to making EE is that, if CDPR is to make EE, if they dont make it WITH DX12(i understand if it would take longer than what would be intended, being in the way of making cyberpunk) but having 3-3½ years alone trying to make this masterpiece would be a shame not to utilize DX12 considering Windows 10 is now out and most people will probably use it because of it. DX12 is essentially a free fps boost on whatever game uses it(Were not talking massive but any decent/good gain of performance is always nice, especially for those with low-medium specs)

Considering CDPR have 2 - 3 year plan for Witcher 3, and ENHANCED EDITIONS are becoming more... popular. Cyberpunk ain't going anywhere, and likely won't see anything on it until 2017 - or 2077.

Divinity: OS EE. WASTELAND 2 EE. We've seen quite a few REDUX releases as well.

They could also release a better kit for modders, if I am correct in saying that it's pretty weak.

I have played both previous games only in the Enhanced Edition, so I can't say how much their updates improved the original games, however if I look at what was added
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/The_Witcher:_Enhanced_Edition
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/The_Witcher_2:_Enhanced_Edition

it would be nice to get something similar for Witcher 3, too, even though it wasn't planned at first. I wouldn't even mind paying for it.

Sure, there are certain aspects of the game, in which I am more invested than others (*looks at signature*), but only because I feel more comfortable to talk about it. I wouldn't dare to talk about the politics of this witcher world in depth, as I don't feel too well-versed in this aspect as for example someone like @KnightofPhoenix

There are others who are much more versed and competent in this and other regards, someone like @Scholdarr.452 , who is able to rewrite half of the story with ease it seems, so I rather let them deal with it, but that doesn't mean I don't care.

Other people are just much better at rewriting or improving or adding new scenes to the current ones, much better at explaining this or that, so I doubt I can be really helpful in this regard.

So all I can do is saying that I would appreciate it, if they look at what people criticize and suggest here and elsewhere, so they can maybe consider changing things accordingly.

Always up for an EE, free, that is, I would (will) pay for as many expansions as CDPR decides to do though. That said, WTF is up with the poll title? How is TW3 anything but a finished game? (Hope the phrase is constructed as I intended, bleh) Sorry but I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom