Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aver said:
It's easy to misinterpret sarcastic post on forums when there is no any emoticon or anything like that ;)/>.

That's the point of sarcasm. It's concealed. Otherwise it's no fun.

gregski said:
The concept I like most is the multi-single-player, where they say you might be for example chasing someone who is doing some other mission/quest in their own single player game.

I wonder if it might end up in some kind of inception, where you chase someone in your game and he's actually in his own game chasing someone else, who is chasing another someone in his own game etc etc...

yeah that feature sounds interesting better than fuckin free for all and team deathmatch crap we always get.

I'm more excited about that reputation system they were talking about if it's really legit, some games just have one sound byte if you did something ala skyrim.

Both Batman AA and AC are amazing! What awesome games, they have revitalized the story of Batman for me. I am seriously considering getting some comics. Apparently The Killing Joke and Batman RIP are really good.

Looking forward to Origins, I hope they take their time with the game- I would like it to be better than its predecessors.

cmdrsilverbolt said:
Both Batman AA and AC are amazing! What awesome games, they have revitalized the story of Batman for me. I am seriously considering getting some comics. Apparently The Killing Joke and Batman RIP are really good.

Looking forward to Origins, I hope they take their time with the game- I would like it to be better than its predecessors.

Get Akrham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth. It's the book that inspired the game. It presents Batman in a variety of shades and psycho trips the game barely scratches. The art is supreme.

The killing joke is very good too. Great writing by Alan Moore. Another favorite of mine is The dark knight returns.

Batman AC was extremely awesome indeed! I nearly finished AA but right after taking down Poison Ivy for the final time, I came back to find I had no save file. I've heard GFWL "eats" saves, but I wouldn't put it past me accidentally screwing something up. I thought the end of AC was surprisingly epic and incredibly fun!!! And mighty Depressing :( I still don't feel like I'm done with AC because it is such a jam packed game! I even saw were AA has steam achievements now, haha. Time to rack up some virtual medals :D There's so much cool details in the codex, and I love the Riddler puzzles. Its great to soak up all that Batman lore from a child deprived of comic books such as myself.

gregski said:

Lol. My main concern is that Ubi will try always online shenanigans because the game's core concept of 'always connected'. That, and they better have more exciting missions than I experienced in AC2. Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed.

slimgrin said:
Lol. My main concern is that Ubi will try always online shenanigans because the game's core concept of 'always connected'. That, and they better have more exciting missions than I experienced in AC2. Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed.

I think I saw them somewhere confirming the game will be playable off-line. So, phew.

Thanks for the recommendations, Volsung, I'll look into them.

Sucks about your saves Glaroug, GFWL did the same when I was playing Bioshock 2. Awful client, doesn't have a middle ground between working perfectly and crashing horrendously. Been working well for me since Batman, so that's cool.

I have restarted playing Metro. I don't like what's happening with Metro LL, but I love the fights in Metro. So gratifying. There aren't many shooters out which aren't dumbed down. I haven't played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games yet, so looking forward to that at some point.

And guys, Watch Dogs can be played "completely offline", said some Ubisoft dude.

Anyone else wish there was a Transformers RPG with character creation? I would make an autobutt named Split Phase, a Decepticon spy, whose special skill is cloaking and can transform into a stealth jet. Decepticons would call him Two Phase as a jibe, haha.

Csszr said:
Stalker was awesome. No hand holding there.

Stalker was a mind blowing experience , and its available for a few € nowadays. I suggest newcomers to install the Complete mod right away, it updates the graphics to more modern standards without changing gameplay.

Apparently Amazon.com has a sale on select digital download games, among which is Dark Souls. I've heard much about it but after watching the first minutes of gameplay on a youtube video I am left wondering:

- Why are there customization options beyond "class", if the game obviously places no importance whatsoever on your appearance?
- Why must we simply hack and slash at everything that moves? What are our motivations?
- Why isn't the armor displayed as an item you are currently wearing? Are characters born with metal plates for skin? Or maybe I didn't notice.

The atmosphere, including music and visuals look very impressive. Combat looks fun. But why is this game called an RPG? It has nothing to do with role-playing, not any more than Batman Arkham Asylum/City, or any other modern third-person perspective action game with swappable equipment and character levels for that matter.

So I think I'll pass. It looks like a fun challenging action game, but I need more convincing. Still, anyone who's interested should check that Amazon sale list. They have a package with X-Com + Civ IV + Civ V 75% off I think.

Volsung said:
- Why are there customization options beyond "class", if the game obviously places no importance whatsoever on your appearance?

Is you appearance important in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol etc.? It's not.

Aver said:
Is you appearance important in Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Alpha Protocol etc.? It's not.

I suppose it is not "important" as it doesn't define many core elements, but at least in DA:O some characters react to you differently depending on your race/gender/origin combination. Nothing deep though. And these games have a narrative approach where appearance might be important to yourself as an "spectator of cutscenes".

A character clad in steel armor that goes around slaying beasts without any social interactions might as well be simply a transparent ghost. But then again, I guess people might want to customize their avatar, regardless of what type of game it is.

Lords of the Fallen will be playable at E3

Guest 2091327

Volsung said:
So I think I'll pass. It looks like a fun challenging action game, but I need more convincing. Still, anyone who's interested should check that Amazon sale list. They have a package with X-Com + Civ IV + Civ V 75% off I think.

Unless Civ 5 is 100% off, it's not really worth it. Even then it's borderline :D Quite like Civ 4 though, so am playing that from time to time.

But I've been boycotting Amazon for years, so anything they have is not interesting to me. I get all my books from the bookdepository (or locally of course), and never bought anything else from Amazon, so it's not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom