Playstation 4 Framerate topic (2,0)

+
Look at marcin's recent tweert, might be referring to it.

Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360 17h17 hours ago
We're looking into the reports gamers have been sending us regarding patch 1.07 issues (including update's availability on PSN in Europe).

How are we supposed to believe anything he says now? Didn't he said the patch would fix the framerate problem on the ps4, it didn't and instead even the Xbox got downgraded to a locked 20fps in some areas.

I would love not to be here complaining, i've always liked how CDPR have always listened to their fans and how good to us they were but man, they need to step up and quick. If they need more manpower, hire more people to work faster, The game is a huge success and they made a killing. I just want them to be honest and come clean.

At the rate you people talk shit about the company why should they even bother helping? Lighten the fuck up. Developers aren't magicans. Things go wrong, and things take time to fix. At least they are attempting to do something. Some companies don't do a damn thing. No product is every 100% perfect but at least they are giving it a whirl to get it close, and now we don't even have to wait for "Enhanced Editions" anymore! They can do it incrementally!

Get over this entitlement stuff.

Marcin Momot ‏@Marcin360 17h17 hours ago
We're looking into the reports gamers have been sending us regarding patch 1.07 issues (including update's availability on PSN in Europe).

How are we supposed to believe anything he says now? Didn't he said the patch would fix the framerate problem on the ps4, it didn't and instead even the Xbox got downgraded to a locked 20fps in some areas.

I would love not to be here complaining, i've always liked how CDPR have always listened to their fans and how good to us they were but man, they need to step up and quick. If they need more manpower, hire more people to work faster, The game is a huge success and they made a killing. I just want them to be honest and come clean.

Agreed, I thought this patch was going to fix everything once and for all regarding framerate onPS4 but I was devastated when I heard they actually made it worse than before. I guess I'm going to postpone my 2nd playthrough til expansion comes in October. Framerate rly ruined my 1st playthrough, meditating til morning when it is night time/raining in Novigrad or elsewhere due to horrible framerate. didnt get to experience full potential of this game has to offer

Wow, why was the other thread deleted? If the problem was that a few posters weren't "behaving properly", why not just delete their posts / ban them and let the thread, which had VERY helpful posts, stay where it was?

Anyway, the complaints can't be silenced, the unstable framerate is a real problem, we have video footage proving it. I hope something is done about it because I really don't feel like playing the game the way it is right now. It's killing immersion for me.

Well, if we see signs of helpful posts, the thread may stay open. Right now, I've done exactly what you suggested, but if there's repetition, then the thread WILL be locked, and no, there won't be a 3.0.

I'm pretty sure CDPR already know of the problem. These threads serve only to allow people to express their dissatisfaction. If that's all they're doing, fine, but if they're just shitposting, then no. This is a community forum, not somewhere for showing off how much you can rant.

What pisses me of is the lies, the patch notes promise the world but the patch does nothing they claim it does, they've done this a couple times now, I'd love to see there prove of improved fx and fps and all that they said

Ey guys, I have read on Neogaf, that if you turn off "blur" and "motion blur" on the new patch, the game performs pretty better in PS4. Can someone test this? I can´t test this until next friday.

So would you advise not patching to 1.07 FPS wise. I don't want to make things worse and I have no problems with anything else.

So would you advise not patching to 1.07 FPS wise. I don't want to make things worse and I have no problems with anything else.

The patch improves too many things to not recommend it. Turn off "motion blur" and "blur" in display options and try the new control scheme and I think you'll prefer it.

Can someone from CD answer if Novigrad will ever have its empty spaces filled? It is really bad for immersion.

They should remove the fog, mist and place them far away wich places dosent have multi enemies npcs or Effects.

If you are on XBox, do not update, it will get worse, like 8fps worse, if you are on the ps4 you should update because of some changes in the game, but the fps remain shitty just like in 1.05, so if you expect this patch just for the fps, you will waste your time downloading a 7gb patch.

:bored:LEL

Last edited:
so after reading all the negativity about the patch, i was a bit scared.

But ive been playing for a couple of hours now. And while i admit that in the bog it's still not very good, there's DEFINATELY improvement for me.
I got my ps4 on right now as we speak. I'm walking in a dense forest in Velen while it's storming! Before when it rained, my framerate always dropped, so this has been gone. I'm really happy with that. In novigrad it's still the same i think. Depending on how many lightsourced there are on, the framerate is still pretty stable like it was before.

I'm starting to think that a lot of people were expecting to play at 60fps non stop with this patch or something. They promised some improvements and they delivered. Or else the game reacts differently on different playsations, which i highly doubt. But stating the game is unplayable is just nonsense.
I think i have unnacceptable framerate like 5% of the time or something. I hope in the future i can play it at a constant 30fps non stop, but so far the game has been improved a lot.

If it turns out i'm wrong, i will come back and admit it. But so far in 2-3 hours of playing, it's been smooth. Only when i went to the bog for testing was i dissappointed.

Last edited:
This was my first game that i bought from day 1 ( ..well 2). Not gonna happen again. I swear by god.
I will have to listen & read all the reviews, comments, problems, etc first, and then i will decide.

If everyone would do the same, this problems in the future wouldnt exist. Companies would know what they are facing to. This is product of our unnecessary despair and they know it thats why they offer extras at pre-orders.

From now on: https://youtu.be/K1b8AhIsSYQ?t=98 will be the one who sees you dancing and seeing Marconi playing with the mamba.

Last edited:
so after reading all the negativity about the patch, i was a bit scared.

But ive been playing for a couple of hours now. And while i admit that in the bog it's still not very good, there's DEFINATELY improvement for me.
I got my ps4 on right now as we speak. I'm walking in a dense forest in Velen while it's storming! Before when it rained, my framerate always dropped, so this has been gone. I'm really happy with that. In novigrad it's still the same i think. Depending on how many lightsourced there are on, the framerate is still pretty stable like it was before.

I'm starting to think that a lot of people were expecting to play at 60fps non stop with this patch or something. They promised some improvements and they delivered. Or else the game reacts differently on different playsations, which i highly doubt. But stating the game is unplayable is just nonsense.
I think i have unnacceptable framerate like 5% of the time or something. I hope in the future i can play it at a constant 30fps non stop, but so far the game has been improved a lot.

If it turns out i'm wrong, i will come back and admit it. But so far in 2-3 hours of playing, it's been smooth. Only when i went to the bog for testing was i dissappointed.

No one is expecting 60fps, that is stupid, people is expecting 30fps with minor dips, like 29 to 27, 20 fps is not minor, is eye hurting, terrible,and awful for a basic gameplay experience, 23 to 25 fps in Novigrad, the biggest and most visited city in terms of gameplay, its unacceptable.
The only improvement is the Fog, now it only dips to 28 to 29 fps while you are near or through fog, I envy you if your game is running that good as you say, which is also strange because at least Digital Foundry showed the bad performance of both ps4 and xbox one, and there are hundreds of people that noticed how the game was not improved in terms of performance.

The patch improves too many things to not recommend it. Turn off "motion blur" and "blur" in display options and try the new control scheme and I think you'll prefer it.

what do these two options do?
will turning them off make the game less beautiful?

It's not a judge on a demo. It's actually a thing they (konami or kojima productions) stated. Even on Xbox One will be 1080p 60fps. But if we look back CDRP said TW3 was 30fps and in some areas it isn't. Only watching, but one thing is certain if a code in construction runs in 60fps I believe that the final product will be the same.

---------- Updated at 02:31 PM ----------

Only the PC fanboys who don't know a thing says the source of the problem is the console's hardware which that statement proves that they are wrong. It's just bad optimization for the plataforms, that's a fact.

Ya, go tell them to play batman arkham knight on their PCs. Oh wait, they can't. But my ps4 batman game is running flawlessly. Lol.

Top Bottom