(POLL) Your favorite female character in The Witcher 2!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philippa Eilhart. A brilliant character, and a brilliant person (yes coming from a Radovid fan).

Sile de Tansarville takes second place. Mostly because I like how uncomfortable she is in this whole manipulation and politics business (contrary to Philippa, who is at ease). I saw that as her doing something she normally hates doing, because of what she believes. I can respect that. I also like the dynamic between her and Geralt (a bit of tension in there I thought) and enjoyed killing the Kayran with her help.

And of course both are very attractive.

KnightofPhoenix said:
Philippa Eilhart. A brilliant character, and a brilliant person (yes coming from a Radovid fan).

Sile de Tansarville takes second place. Mostly because I like how uncomfortable she is in this whole manipulation and politics business (contrary to Philippa, who is at ease). I saw that as her doing something she normally hates doing, because of what she believes. I can respect that. I also like the dynamic between her and Geralt (a bit of tension in there I thought) and enjoyed killing the Kayran with her help.

And of course both are very attractive.

Having grown up in the 90's, I can't help but notice a similarity between Sile and Rita Repulsa from the Power Rangers.

volsung84 said:
Having grown up in the 90's, I can't help but notice a similarity between Sile and Rita Repulsa from the Power Rangers.

THAT'S WHO SHE REMINDED ME OF. I just couldn't place it. Thank you! I hate her stupid headdress so much :/

JackintheGreen said:
By the way, I voted for Saskia too... :D she's our own witchery Joan of Arc!
totally man, kudos to the person who created her!

Although Im surprised no one voted for Succubus :confused:

Saoe said:
Here we go please vote for your favourite female character of The Witcher 2 and please write why you choose her! :)

Triss 'cuz I read the books and Geralt belongs with her

I gave my vote to Ves. She is the kind of woman i feel closer to.
Saskia, although very admirable, comes second.

EDIT: I 'm a little surprised that many of you voted Phillipa Eilhart. She is the person i love to hate.

Cassandra31EEE said:
EDIT: I 'm a little surprised that many of you voted Phillipa Eilhart. She is the person i love to hate.

Which makes her an excellent character, does it not?

secondchildren said:
Which books?
Coz afaik, Geralt belongs to Yen...

With Yen it's 75% hate and 25% love, but the latter is enforced via a spell so from time to time it overcomes them...only to turn into the 75% shortly after.

With Triss...I'd say the percentages are the same, but the emotions are flipped...

Speaking of Sheala (Sile) comparison, check out Monica Bellucci in Brothers Grimm: http://www.cinemaeye.com/images/uploads/belluci_grimm.jpg. Now we know who's a fashion icon for ms de Tancerville!

My favourite female character in the game? Tough question... to be honest, most of them were brillant, while others - I am looking at you, Triss - were badly written (OOC), boring and annoyed me to no end. Frankly speaking, I was bit disappointed with sorceress, mostly with Philippa and Sheala. In the novels Eilhart is such a brillant, complex and memorable character - you can never predict what she's up to, and her efforts to get power are not only fueled by simply desire to rule. However, in the games she turned into a senseless power-hungry psychopath. Sheala's too undergone a harsh treatment of becoming a dumber and different character. I always perceived her as a extremely professional person with no-nonsense personality - the last one to flirt with Geralt or to indulge in speaking cat-fight with Triss. Sabrina is less blunt too and not willing to confront anybody, at least that's how I saw her before her demise ;-) Still both Philippa and Sheala from the games grabbed my attention and made me understand their motives, so they are respectively 2nd and 3rd on my list.

The first one goes for Saskia - the idealistic left-wing revolutionary, who is surprisingly pragmatic and down-to-earth. I enjoyed her attempt to fight for equality and freedom in quasi-medieval world (though filled with an astonishing amount of liberal people). I like her dynamics with both Philippa and Iorveth - In the last conversation she didn't display any amount of resentment towards the first one, neither she was stunned by lovey-dovey elf. I can see her becoming a kickass master in guerrilla warfare, or a candidate for a better ruler in Vergen.

Honorable mention goes for career-savvy Cynthia and The Baroness of Hotness.

gorthuar said:
Which makes her an excellent character, does it not?

Indeed. Two things puzzle me, though:

Any posts in this thread willing to consider Philippa as a bed partner for Geralt. Geralt has a well-founded antipathy for her; if it were brought up to him, he might say something pointed about how he'd rather sleep with a slyzard.

How Sile went from a solitary, no-nonsense scholarly mage (the Koviri Loner of the canon) to a dangerous sexpot mixed up in Philippa's intrigues. Not that the transformation ill becomes her, it's just a continuity issue.

guynwah said:
How Sile went from a solitary, no-nonsense scholarly mage (the Koviri Loner of the canon) to a dangerous sexpot mixed up in Philippa's intrigues. Not that the transformation ill becomes her, it's just a continuity issue.

I honestly think that the game did a good job to show that Sile was out of her league, because she precisely is not suited for this. Hence why Letho so easily manipulated her.
It would have been a continuity issue, imo, if Sile turned out to be a political mastermind.

KnightofPhoenix said:
I honestly think that the game did a good job to show that Sile was out of her league, because she precisely is not suited for this. Hence why Letho so easily manipulated her.
It would have been a continuity issue, imo, if Sile turned out to be a political mastermind.

Exactly. Letho played her like a harp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom