(POLL) Your favorite female character in The Witcher 2!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
KnightofPhoenix said:
I also like the dynamic between her and Geralt (a bit of tension in there I thought) and enjoyed killing the Kayran with her help.
"YRDEN!! TRAP IT WITH THE YRDEN!!"

I had a feeling Geralt didn't enjoy :p

Philippa Eilhart and Sabrina Glevissig are my favorites but in the end I had to chose Philippa Eilhart because of the voice acting, it was spot on.

I found interesting that some people saw Sabrina Glevissig has a martyr and others has a monster because in a way she has both and I still do not understand why is ok to kill people and do worse things during a war and still judge Sabrina Glevissing that way, that is why I don't like Henselt character.

For Philippa Eilhart aside from the conversation she had with Triss, I found refreshing that she had her own agenda and used any resources to achieve it, just like any king would do. Although her design was kinda meh, she was a well written character.

Mihura said:
I found interesting that some people saw Sabrina Glevissig has a martyr and others has a monster because in a way she has both and I still do not understand why is ok to kill people and do worse things during a war and still judge Sabrina Glevissing that way, that is why I don't like Henselt character.

+1

This could be said for the entire Lodge, though. They stood up to fight for something, yet they are judged rather harshly, even though kings have done far worse things. I appreciate them because they decided to do something, although I don't necessarily agree with what they do.

Dona said:
+1

This could be said for the entire Lodge, though. They stood up to fight for something, yet they are judged rather harshly, even though kings have done far worse things. I appreciate them because they decided to do something, although I don't necessarily agree with what they do.

I do not agree with everything they do too of course, all characters have some degree of evilness but there are other that just are plain wrong like Helselt, Deathmolt, Radovid V and Loredo. I find Roche meh but at least he avenge his comrades with the self-righteous king's death, got to love Roche for that.

Mihura said:
Philippa Eilhart and Sabrina Glevissig are my favorites but in the end I had to chose Philippa Eilhart because of the voice acting, it was spot on.

For Philippa Eilhart aside from the conversation she had with Triss, I found refreshing that she had her own agenda and used any resources to achieve it, just like any king would do. Although her design was kinda meh, she was a well written character.

I think that with the exchange between Henselt and Sabrina, the writers were musing at the notion of what constitutes honorable conduct in war, maybe even at the notion of whether it could ever be right to use nuclear weapons in a war. It's a crucial and powerful segment, one where neither is clearly in the right or even clearly the lesser evil.

Mihura said:
I do not agree with everything they do too of course, all characters have some degree of evilness but there are other that just are plain wrong like Helselt, Deathmolt, Radovid V and Loredo. I find Roche meh but at least he avenge his comrades with the self-righteous king's death, got to love Roche for that.

Or Sabrina? But you cant dislike someone because he/she fights for something they believe in or takes a stand when no one does anything, but ofc if you fail everyone will point fingers at you saying "It was your fault" but if you luckily succeed no one will say anything wrong about decisions you made. see my point!? ..most people are scared to take a stand but those who do you have to respect for courage most dont have!

Example Look at Radovid and his country, it was nothing his father died and his country was in ruins no one believed he will be someone, but he didn't give up and grow up and became strim ruler he fights for his country and he does what he has to. you have to respect that and dont say he is wrong if you first dont see where he came from and what he fights for, what he is motivated by.. see someone point of view before you judge someone then u understand them better.

Saoe said:
Or Sabrina? But you cant dislike someone because he/she fights for something they believe in or takes a stand when no one does anything, but ofc if you fail everyone will point fingers at you saying "It was your fault" but if you luckily succeed no one will say anything wrong about decisions you made. see my point!? ..most people are scared to take a stand but those who do you have to respect for courage most dont have!

Example Look at Radovid and his country, it was nothing his father died and his country was in ruins no one believed he will be someone, but he didn't give up and grow up and became strim ruler he fights for his country and he does what he has to. you have to respect that and dont say he is wrong if you first dont see where he came from and what he fights for, what he is motivated by.. see someone point of view before you judge someone then u understand them better.

Taking a stand in not the same as doing bad things, I never said that Sabrina was a saint quite the contrary but why aren't people burning a man like Helset at the stake too? at least Roche had the balls to piss on royalty.

I am not saying that they are perfect, what Philippa Eilhart did to Saskia is wrong of course but she did it with a agenda and not just for fun. After I saw Radovid V take the eyes of Philippa Eilhart, he lost my respect. What was the point in that? why not just kill her? I do not like his character and the same goes to Henselt.

Saoe said:
I think that with the exchange between Henselt and Sabrina, the writers were musing at the notion of what constitutes honorable conduct in war, maybe even at the notion of whether it could ever be right to use nuclear weapons in a war. It's a crucial and powerful segment, one where neither is clearly in the right or even clearly the lesser evil.

I got that feeling too but I do not believe in conducts in wars like that, so to me they are both guilty of murdering and Helselt has no high morals to judge her.

Dona said:
+1

THIS. It's always nice to read refreshing and well thought out opinion that gives a new approach. To me, they perfectly embody doing morally questionable things for the greater good - peace, and more specifically, a buffer state against Nilfgaard. I'm curious what would be if they prevailed - would Nilfgaard attack Northern Kingdoms again?

Dona said:
No, that's an invalid point you are making. I have no idea what are you trying to convey in your message. Are you really believing people shouldn't try to oppose those who are representing even hostile ideologies (Nazism, Fascism, Communism)? That we cannot stand against them, when they are forcing us through aggressive methods to accept their opinions? And yes, history is written by the victors. Thankfully, it matters less in modern times.

Example Look at Radovid and his country, it was nothing his father died and his country was in ruins no one believed he will be someon
e, but he didn't give up and grow up and became strim ruler he fights for his country and he does what he has to. you have to respect that and dont say he is wrong if you first dont see where he came from and what he fights for, what he is motivated by.. see someone point of view before you judge someone then u understand them better.
Dijkstra was better. At least he didn't have to prove how a big boy he is. And he did far more for his country without having a privilege of being a monarch.

NabuchodonozorI said:
No, that's an invalid point you are making. I have no idea what are you trying to convey in your message. Are you really believing people shouldn't try to oppose those who are representing even hostile ideologies (Nazism, Fascism, Communism)? That we cannot stand against them, when they are forcing us through aggressive methods to accept their opinions? And yes, history is written by the victors. Thankfully, it matters less in modern times.
What!?? you read it wrong or totally dont understand what im saying or maybe im so tired I wrote it in a way no one will anyway. Lets try it again, Imagine you live your whole life with lets say 20 dogs you really love them even tho they dont like you that much. You dont have any money to feed them and they all got very sick what would you do to save them? its a rhetorical question; hope u get my point. And I'm not saying go and steal!

About Sabrina what i was saying she made a decision other good looking mages didnt want to hear about and get involved, she took a risk and failed. I give her kudos for trying even tho no one cared and wanted to help her even tho she was wrong or was on the wrong side Im just looking at her as a one person and not who she worked for. hope that helps

Triss is closest to Geralt, making the the biggest sacrifices for him, putting herself in harms way time and again, and saving his ass on several occasions. Not only that, but she's the one who pledges herself to him in both games. I don't care what she did in the books. In the game world, she's still the one who matters most.

For me it's close between Philippa and Ves. Very well developed characters. Probably needed a few cutscenes more each of them.

Mihura said:

She was supposed to be on Kaedwen's side but after she saw that Kaedwen was winning the battle she summoned fireballs down from the sky and killed thousands of people on both sides just to prevent Henselt from becoming too powerful. The way I see it, she killed her own people which is why I've got no problem with Henselt killing her for it (and she got help from Phillipa and someone else, was it Sile? I can't remember too clearly but in any case I wouldn't object if Henselt had killed them too).

Mihura said:
After I saw Radovid V take the eyes of Philippa Eilhart, he lost my respect. What was the point in that? why not just kill her? I do not like his character and the same goes to Henselt.

I've been curious about this since I finished the game -- can Phillipa potentially use magic to grow her eyes back? Since it's impossible to kill her in TW2 (as far as I know) I wonder if she's going to return in a future expansion/sequel and if so, I wonder if she will still be blind.

Mihura said:
I got that feeling too but I do not believe in conducts in wars like that, so to me they are both guilty of murdering and Helselt has no high morals to judge her.

He wasn't judging her for being evil. He was really pissed off that she killed a lot of his soldiers.

WardDragon said:
I've been curious about this since I finished the game -- can Phillipa potentially use magic to grow her eyes back? Since it's impossible to kill her in TW2 (as far as I know) I wonder if she's going to return in a future expansion/sequel and if so, I wonder if she will still be blind.

Magical regeneration of lost eyes is possible according to Sapkowski's novels.

WardDragon said:
She was supposed to be on Kaedwen's side but after she saw that Kaedwen was winning the battle she summoned fireballs down from the sky and killed thousands of people on both sides just to prevent Henselt from becoming too powerful. The way I see it, she killed her own people which is why I've got no problem with Henselt killing her for it (and she got help from Phillipa and someone else, was it Sile? I can't remember too clearly but in any case I wouldn't object if Henselt had killed them too).
I didn't read that scene the same way: it seemed like the battle was a stalemate, with Kaedwen being unable to drive Aedirn from the field. Sabrina's battlefield nuke job cleared the field, and the Kaedweni reinforcements would have carried the day in a walkover.

He wasn't judging her for being evil. He was really pissed off that she killed a lot of his soldiers.
Henselt has (or had) definite beliefs about how a war should be fought, and in his eyes, she became a war criminal. I'm sure her destruction of his army's soldiers and morale had much to do with his decision, but it seemed clear to me that he regarded her intervention as a crime, foremost.

I bet I know who did Sabrina get the idea from, for doing what she did... :p

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo&feature=related[/media]

guynwah said:
I didn't read that scene the same way: it seemed like the battle was a stalemate, with Kaedwen being unable to drive Aedirn from the field. Sabrina's battlefield nuke job cleared the field, and the Kaedweni reinforcements would have carried the day in a walkover.

The Lodge made its intentions pretty clear. to keep the balance of power, as in Kaedwen should not be able to occupy the Pontar Valley.

Even if Sabrina's spell could have allowed a Kaedweni walkover, it would not be able to occupy it. That was the primary objective of the spell, to create a strategic stalemate, even if it was a Kaedweni Pyrrhic tactical victory.

volsung84 said:
I voted Sabrina Glevissig and I don't know why. I know she's not the deepest character in the game but I really liked her part and looks. The whole curse-from-the-pyre thing is pretty impressive!

Also, since you said "female character" and not "woman" I would have to point out you missed Anais La Valette in your poll ;) She's pretty awesome for not having any lines.
True forgot about her ... Geralt should hire Letho to kill Radovid though . I was alittle shocked by his plan for Anais . Woody Allenish raise your adopted child to be your wife ewww .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom