Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Description: Socket: PGA946B, Clockspeed: 2.4 GHz, Turbo Speed: 3.4 GHz, No of Cores: 4 (2 logical cores per physical),
Max TDP: 47 W
Other names: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
CPU Launched: Q2 2013

First of all Intel don't have an 8 core technology yet. Anyway, I think you should be able to play The Witcher 3 on this laptop on Medium to High details. Laptops aren't the best gaming platforms even if it's built by Alienware. Not to mention how much money they ask for their laptops or Desktops. I'll rather build my own Custom Gamer Enthusiast PC.

I have a GT 555M 3GB on my 2 year old laptop, and I'm already crying. Well should able to run on decent playable level. Then next year time for a new lappy!

Oh and I hope there is again support for AlienFX, me love dem lights :D

Somebody give me some hope please, nobody saw my post lol (well, I played TW2 on a MUCH WORSE GARBAGE laptop, and my current baby is my always dreamed first alienware system)

And yes this is the first time I'm quoting myself ever LOL

i7 3820 @ 4.0
MSI Big Bang Xpower 2
16 GB DDR 3 1600 mhz
Gainward GTX 690.

Can i play this @ ultra settings without the uber sampling @ 1920x1080 @ 120 hz [120fps]
The Witcher 2 ran perfectly fine with this setup.
Just want some answers thank u.

Prefaced with the usual caution that we really do not know the system requirements yet, so the best I can do is extrapolate from TW2 and assume that we will see evolutionary improvements in the engine and a greater resource burden.

Description: Socket: PGA946B, Clockspeed: 2.4 GHz, Turbo Speed: 3.4 GHz, No of Cores: 4 (2 logical cores per physical),
Max TDP: 47 W
Other names: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
CPU Launched: Q2 2013

First of all Intel don't have an 8 core technology yet. Anyway, I think you should be able to play The Witcher 3 on this laptop on Medium to High details. Laptops aren't the best gaming platforms even if it's built by Alienware. Not to mention how much money they ask for their laptops or Desktops. I'll rather build my own Custom Gamer Enthusiast PC.

The GPU's more important than the CPU. I'd be very surprised if any 4-real-core CPU (except low-end Core 2 Quads and original Phenoms) would be taxed by the game. But the ability of the GPU to deliver pixels on time and in quantity is likely to be critical. You don't mention what GPU that has. If it's running on the on-chip Intel GPU, it may have big problems with performance and bugs. If you have at least a 740m, I think you stand a good chance.

Somebody give me some hope please, nobody saw my post lol (well, I played TW2 on a MUCH WORSE GARBAGE laptop, and my current baby is my always dreamed first alienware system)

And yes this is the first time I'm quoting myself ever LOL

There are three rather different GPUs sold as the 555m. The two that are based on the GF107 (you can tell because they are the ones with 1.5 or 2GB VRAM) should perform competently. The one that is based on the GF108 (with 1GB VRAM) is much less, and it may not be able to run the game with any acceptable performance.

Running GPU-Z will tell you quickly which one you have.

i7 3820 @ 4.0
MSI Big Bang Xpower 2
16 GB DDR 3 1600 mhz
Gainward GTX 690.

Can i play this @ ultra settings without the uber sampling @ 1920x1080 @ 120 hz [120fps]
The Witcher 2 ran perfectly fine with this setup.
Just want some answers thank u.

No idea whether the game will do 120Hz on anything yet. But if anything can, yours should be able to. I hope SLI support is good in the original release, so that single-card SLI rigs like the GTX 690 perform as well as they should.

GTX 560
I5 2400
8GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LP

And I'm really afraid it won't run smoothly (in any settings):facepalm:

I wouldn't lose sleep over the game's ability to perform on a GTX 560. I doubt it will run with all the eye candy. But it will run at some acceptable combination of speed, responsiveness, resolution, and eye candy. The 560's better at pushing pixels than textures, but the TW2 flavor of the Red Engine depended on the output stages to push mass quantities of pixels.

Last edited:
There are three rather different GPUs sold as the 555m. The two that are based on the GF107 (you can tell because they are the ones with 1.5 or 2GB VRAM) should perform competently. The one that is based on the GF108 (with 1GB VRAM) is much less, and it may not be able to run the game with any acceptable performance.

Okay thanks for that, I just checked and it's actually GF106.
Here's a screenshot of the rest info. I hope it just runs the game now :S
What you think?
View attachment 1492

Attachments

• gpu.jpg
    gpu.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 42
That's the most capable model of 555m, with the 192-bit memory bus (the other models are 128-bit). I don't think anything less will run the game competently, but I'm equally sure that that one should be good enough (though maybe at 1280x720 and medium settings).

I should have written GF106, not GF107. Must have been thinking GK107 at the time.

Oh yes, I played TW2 with medium-high settings with performance (and I still think that's best in the world lol) and 1366x768
Well glad to know I'm good to go for another year! (until TW3 EE/CP77 comes out and we get back to this entire thing again)

Thanks @Guy N'wah :)

What do you guys think of :
Pentium Dual-Core @2.6GHz
2GB RAM
and a GeForce GT430 1GB ???
hahahahah

Yeah, not quite. The 430 uses a 108-series chip (96 shaders, 4 outputs) so is no good for demanding games. I think the practical minimum in nVidia cards is going to be the GTS 450.

Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

Hi everyone! So Im making this thread for those who are planing to get a PC version of Witcher 3 and Im interested to see what are your plans for your PC uprades and such to get the best experience from W3. Also im interested to see what are your current PC specs. :)

I'll start. Recently I bought a new gaming PC which can run pretty much every game Max at 1920x1080p res (BF3, BF4, AC4. Far Cry 3, Metro: Last Light, Hitman: Absolution etc)

Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Im also curious will I be able to run Witcher 3 on max settings :) Let's start discussions! :D

i think maxed out could be difficult... a 760 OC won t support it i believe, but CPU and RAM should do for it.

My own system is like this (at the moment)

Phenom II X4 965 BE 3,6 GHz
4GB RAM Kingston DDR2
GTX 570 UC (Ultra Charged)
Hopefully min settings ll be possible with that i hope.

I aim for Intel Board 1150 with a i5 4570k (when out) or i7 4770k and 16 GB RAM DDR3 also Kingtson for my UPGRADE.
Graphic Card has to wait... don t know if i go for a GTX 770/780TI or if i wait for a GTX 870 ...

So long

AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor 3,15GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 2GB

W2 on ultra settings is fine, ~30 fps. I guess I need better GPU for W3, right?

Well my current pc can run pretty much every game Max at 1920x1080p res (BF3, BF4, AC4. Far Cry 3, Metro: Last Light, Hitman: Absolution, Bioshock Infinite etc)

Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

So Im curious will I be able to run Witcher 3 on max settings (my screen resolution is 1680x1050)

Last edited:
@ViLarco: yeah the GPU is the weakest part of that system, I would suggest waiting near TW3 release day to buy a new one though.
@DeadlyShadow47: memory wise and cpu wise you should be fine (nice overlock btw) and if you do need more gpu power for max settings then you could try getting a second 760 near release for SLI.

You will be able to play Witcher3 with GTX760 on high settings with few adjustments to medium apartment, but if you plan on playing on ultra settings 1080p/1440p & 60+ fps you will need GTX780/Ti.

One GTX780/Ti will be more then overkill. SLI is wasting money, especially buying two GTX780 cards.

@DeadlyShadow47: memory wise and cpu wise you should be fine (nice overlock btw) and if you do need more gpu power for max settings then you could try getting a second 760 near release for SLI.
Yeah, im thinking on getting another gtx760 for SLI, that would be overkill imo + gtx760 has a good price, it costs less than actual gtx 660 and is still stronger that gtx660ti. But I think even with one GTX 760 i could max it out and run well at 1680x1050 resolution (that's my native screen resolution)

Last edited:
Yeah, im thinking on getting another gtx760 for SLI, that would be overkill imo + gtx760 has a good price, it costs less than actual gtx 660 and is still stronger that gtx660ti. But I think even with one GTX 760 i could max it out and run well at 1680x1050 resolution (that's my native screen resolution)

I would love to say that it is, but two 760's might be needed to fully max out the game at that resolution. If you lower some effects then I am sure that it will not be a problem, my guess is that several special effects will make for a very taxing game to max.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom