Questions from the Community – Gamescom 2014

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupiter_on_Mars

1. How interactive and explorable is the world?

I seem to remember a ladder on one of them Novigrad rooftops - can Geralt climb up there? Does Geralt have any mountaineering abilities? Do they require special gear? Can Geralt move objects around as a tactic? What sort of destructible environments can we expect? Are the muck, beehive and swamp gas examples the norm or the exception when it comes to taking advantage of the environment?

Last edited:
1. Will we encounter other Witcher schools or ruins of other Witcher schools in the game ?

2. What happened to Ciri's cat medallion ? Don't you like cats at CDPR ?

(Lifting it from the corpse of her nemesis was like her inofficial Witcher graduation
and the symbol of a turning point in her life. It must mean a lot to her.)

And Kinley, just so I don't need to make a double post:

3. Will we see the foul-mouthed parrot 'Field Marshall Duda' in the game ?
He is supposed to reside in a jewelers shop in Novigrad now, it'd be a shame if we didn't encounter him.

Last edited:
some more "minor" things :D

1. What savegamesystem will TW3 use, do we get a manual override of our previous savegames via menu, or is TW3
using the TW2 system where we end up with a huge pile of savegames when we don t delete them by hand?

2. Will the TW3 PC UI closer to the TW1 UI, so we see a more artistical UI on PC?

Last edited:
Questions

1. Will pc players be able to change the player camera distance themselves in the game similar to what could be done in the first witcher game?

2. Can you speak about the AI and how it has improved from the witcher 2 in regards to both monsters and NPC in combat and passive behavior? e.g will wolves and other monsters hunt you, and will they react to being tracked and hunted themselves. and i guess this question also attempts to ask what level of behavior we will see in response to our actions in regards to common passive NPC e.g. reaction to monster trophies, hostile activity, reputation, if they can react at all.

Will there be an identity like quest in TW3 similar to the one in TW1 where various characters close to Geralt asked him about his motivations throughout the game regarding his decisions? ( In TW1 it concerned your faction, your love interest, killing, Alvin etc. )

Would such a quest extend to choices from the previous game? It added quite a lot in TW1 in making the player feel they had an unique Geralt even though events dd play out the same regardless.

Or if you want a better worded question so the developers don't worm their way out: Will characters close to Geralt confront/question him about the choice he makes throughout the game with multiple response options possible as in The Witcher 1?

Would such characters also question him about choices he made in TW1 and TW2?

Last edited:
4. Can you talk about the destruction in the game? it has been mentioned in previous interviews that CDPR where using a physics based destruction system. head programmer Balázs Török mentioned in an interview that devs where looking to make it an important part of the game.

5. how has the inventory system been improved from the witcher 2?

I do not know if this question is already made​​, but I wanted to ask about the 80 creatures that the game will have.

- I know there are 80 creatures, but ... there are 80 cretures or 80 different species? For example: there are many creatures in Skyrim (Draugr, Restless Draugr ...) but there are fewer species (Draugr, Trolls, Sprigann ...).

Sorry if something is not well understood, I am from another country and I don't master the language. Google Translate FTW!

1. In the books the druid Visenna uses gemstones to heal wounds. Will we be able to use such gems as consumables ?

(I always thought the Swallow potion healed too slow in decisive moments and a gem would be a rare,
expensive option that could heal instantly in the more critical fights.)

2. Will there be a bathhouse in Novigrad ?

(One where Geralt and his entourage can sit in a big wooden tub, take a break and talk about recent events.)

So apparently there's a great deal of effort put in to the detail, bigger and smaller, in this game; art, world design, mechanics... What has confused me for a while already, is this little thing amidst of all that called "fast trave". Now if I've understood correctly, and somebody correct me if I am being misinfoirmed, "fast travel" will be a cheap checkpoint-teleportation-at-one's-leisure mechanic where one can jump around the map (al least almost) freely and without concerns of any kind (the opposite of doing things manually).

The question I have, I guess, is this (should I be correct with the above): Why bypass all the attention to detail and effort with this feature instead of making it too an organic part of the gameworld that will actuall concern the player in one or even a variety of ways, and make him/her pay a little bit of attention to whether or not using that feature is beneficial, or perhaps even detrimental to his current goal?

To clarify what I mean, and everybody probably guessed it already, hired transportation. Bei it some sort of caravaner between cities and villages, a ferryman to travel over water, some magister teleporting Geralt to a certain distance, etc. Services for a fee (which also helps with finding use for currency, one thing that often tends to be one of the many achilles heels of RPG's). Then there's the myriad of possibilities for encountering unique stuff (that's not otherwise obtainable) with those methods (to not make it a mere conveniency for a fee feature, but something with actual gameplay possibilities).

Of course everything can be done manually, as advertised, but since there will be a "fast travel" on top of that.... why not make it a feature with a capital F instead of a cheap conveniency feature?

Oh, and indeed, if this has been adressed already once or several times -- disregard and please point me to those answers and I'll reform the question if need be.

1 - Will we also get the ability to change the style of Geralt's hair like we were in W2?
(Looks like this was already confirmed as being in W3 as well. Curious to know if it'll be there at launch and how early on into the game the player will be able to change the hairstyle though...)

1- Will it be possible for the horse Geralt is ridding to take damage (From friendly or enemy attacks) and die?

2- This time around will we have access to a nice variety of audio options (Stereo, 5.1, 7.1, ect...) and volume sliders (Master, Cinematic, Dialogue, BGM, SFX, Ambience, ect...)

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed this, but thanks @Kinley for doing this! Really, you're the best! :happy:

Two questions only? Hmm, many interesting things have already been asked. As much as I would like to ask about game world borders, currency and other stuff, these are my two questions and it involves inventory, trophies, gift system and immersion:

1. Will there be edibles(food and drink consumables) in Witcher 3 as there were in Witcher 1, or is food and drink strictly an in-game cinematic element as in Witcher 2?

2. Can you make(or have someone craft) rings and necklaces out of trophies, and will you be able to wear these trophies or jewelry, or give them as presents to a NPC to bribe, gain information, or simply to help them?

I apologise if I couldn't keep it simple and produce two simple questions out of the hundreds I have. So instead I tried to cram as many inquiries into the two I am entitled to ask. :happy:

Last edited:
1.) What will the level cap be in Witcher 3? Rephrased: Will the level cap be closer to Witcher 1 or Witcher 2 or will the level cap be higher than W1? Surely with such a large world and largest game in the Witcher series we can hopefully expect longer character progression akin to the first witcher. If anything, I imagine Witcher 3 having a much higher level cap compared to Witcher 2. I'd think even higher than Witcher 1.

ETA: As @Csàszàr pointed out below - Balance being a primary concern IF the level cap is as high or potentially higher than Witcher 1. In this particular instance, Balance is without a doubt paramount.

I'd hate maxing out or very near maxing out prematurely with a large chunk of the game yet to be explored and unfinished.
I'm not the type of player who enjoys being overly powerful for 90% of the game smashing through everything with ease.

However, I do thoroughly enjoy character progression - With Witcher 3 now taking place in a huge open-world that has been stated to be the largest game in the series yet,IMHO, needs a higher level cap & the Skill-tree's to go along with that increased game and world size.

2.) Will the map that comes with Witcher 3 be of the entire Continent, the Northern Kingdoms
[Like in Witcher 2] or will the map be of the detailed areas that we will actually get to explore in Witcher 3 in-game?
Optional Bonus Question: Or, will it be irreversible with both types of maps, Continent/Northern Kingdoms on one side and detailed explorable in-game areas map on the other side? ;)
( I'd love an irreversible map but I will happily settle for a detailed map of the in-game locations this time around. )

Last edited:
Is the crossbow a Gabriel?

A third shot at him with a Gabriel. A miniature crossbow invented and built by Gabriel, a craftsman in Verden. He pioneered the slogan, ‘Protect yourself from banditry and violence’, said the advertisement. ‘The law is helpless and powerless. Protect yourself! Do not leave home without a handy Gabriel brand crossbow. Gabriel is your guardian angel, Gabriel will protect you and your loved ones from bandits,’ The demand had surpassed all expectations and the sale had achieved a true record. Soon all bandits wore a Gabriel when assaulting someone.

The Tower of the Swallow

I have already asked my two questions but if It is ok with Kinley and everyone else, I'd like to throw one more Question into the mix that I haven't seen posted yet.

What will the level cap be in Witcher 3? Surely with such a large world and game in general we can expect longer character progression akin to the first witcher. If anything, I imagine Witcher 3 having a much higher level cap compared to Witcher 2. I'd hope even higher than Witcher 1 .

Witcher 1? Oh gods no, well with balancing then maybe. I believe 60 has been declared as the cap. I'll search fo r the source later.

I guess there will be a lot of questions about gameplay and stuff... I won't ask those :)

My questions are: 1. We're all happy that Doug Cockle stays as a voice actor for TW3 but will Mark Healy and Mark Frost stay too?

2. You've changed the Geralt's render for TW2 after it's first appearance in the game footage.

Is there any chance that the renders of characters we've already seen (Emhyr, Yennefer, Dijkstra) can be changed till the release date?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom