Shani?

+
Barid said:
They appear to be going a route that the vast majority of other forms of media go which is a huge disappointment.
As long as the industry remains sane, a long line of disappointments are coming your way. Sorry for you pal.

I have a piece of advice that will stand everybody in good stead. You ready?When someone isn't listening to you, stop arguing.No, really, it IS that simple. When someone isn't listening to you, stop arguing.

Well, I'm more disappointed about Shani not being in the end of TW1, than her not being in TW2. I can deal with it.CD red will no doubt have some new and interesting female characters for us to meet. :)

Corylea said:
I'm a big Shani fan, as anyone who's played "Medical Problems" may have guessed. :) I admire her for all of the dangers she undergoes and the privations she endures in order to see her patients and treat them. Unlike Geralt, she's not a genetically modified super-hero. Unlike Triss, she's not a powerful sorceress. She's an ordinary human, which means that she's frail and vulnerable, yet she does whatever she has to do. You know the situation in the inn at the end of Chapter 1 can't be the first time she's ever been threatened by bandits. And being willing to go into war zones to treat patients means that she's taking her life in her hands, since soldiers are --understandably -- not always happy when a doctor tries to save the person they've just tried to kill. And then there's willingly going into a plague zone, to treat the people there, even though she knows she's going to be underpaid for the job.I also like it that she seems to love Geralt the man, not Geralt the super-hero. She seems to want him for HIM and not because he's a freaking one-man army.But in my last few plays, I've given Alvin to Triss, even though I admire Shani greatly. Geralt can't settle down; he's not that type. And an awful lot of a relationship consists of showing up. Shani is wonderful and seems to genuinely love Geralt for himself. But Triss can teleport. Geralt actually can maintain some sort of relationship with someone who can teleport to see him whenever she wants to, the kind of relationship that would be impossible with someone who would have to follow him into danger (not happening) or tie him down to one place (not happening) or see him once a year at most (bad idea).I'm sorry that Shani won't be in TW2. CDPR assigned her a lot of importance in TW1, so it seems odd to me that she won't be in the game. But she's not in the game for precisely the sort of reason why I eventually -- reluctantly -- concluded that Triss was a better match for Geralt: The situation has heated up, and Geralt is going after a gang of assassins. Only people who can defend themselves against professional assassins can come along. Triss can. Shani -- much as I love her -- can't.
Well done, Corylea! It's nice to see someone else who comprehends what I was saying in my previous posts and who understands what and who Geralt is :) *bows*

Corylea said:
Only people who can defend themselves against professional assassins can come along. Triss can. Shani -- much as I love her -- can't.
Sorry but i can not agree with your definition of the game concerning Shani.Who you give Alvin to is a user preference and is for each person to decide and that is how it should be, if CDPR did not want the choice in the game they would not have included the choice.By your definition that would also imply that i can not take Dandelion with me.If there is an option to take Dandelion with me that is one character that will always be in my team as he is my favourite character from TW1 after Geralt.I don't need characters to fight for me i just want Dandelion to be in my team as a friend and also for his great jokes.Suggesting that Alvin should be given to Triss is taking away peoples choices and also implying how people should play their games.No disrespect implied on how you like to play your game.

Guest 2091327

Who you give Alvin to shouldn't really matter for TW2 anyway. Considering what happens at the end of the game (I don't want to spell it out in case I spoil the game for somebody). It's a choice that affect things in TW1, but not TW2. So in that sense it doesn't break a plot line or anything like that. And as several people have already spelled out, including myself, Geralt isn't the type that will settle down, and this isn't your typical BioWare game, so it won't end in typical Love Interest fashion.In retrospect, perhaps it was a mistake to give Shani such a prominent role in TW1. It has backfired now. But it also gave us a tough choice, so it did add something to the game. Guess there weren't many female characters to choose from since they wanted a scenario like that, so they chose Shani. I'm actually very interested to see if Yennefer makes an appearance in some fashion in TW2. If only through flashbacks. If somebody could revive Geralt, it's not implausible to assume they can revive a powerful sorceress either. Unless it's all a dream. If Triss wakes up at the end of a game from a dream, I'm going to be FUMING!!

Top Bottom