Share Your Weird/Unusual Matches

+
I Spy with my Little Eye...

...a spy or 2, or 2 many?

Spy2.jpg
Gwent.exe has stopped working.

Something needs to be done about the new Runestones and Summoning Circle tbh. Just make them not be able to spawn the Silver spies, except Joachim.

Just won a 4080 Ranked with all my 4 Golds in the bottom BOTTOM of my deck - literally my last 4 cards!

Fuck this game!

Played against Axemen with my Moonlight deck, and not a single Axeman gained any value from anything. That in itself is rather unusual, but not the main thing this time:

RNG.jpg

No, my deck doesn't run a single Vran. I just got a super lucky RNG chain: Whispering Hillock into Doppler into Vran who ate Blueboy's whale before it could deal any damage whatsoever. :p

Played against a Voorhis Spying deck. A Voorhis. Spy. Deck :p

Then made my own with Golems, Spotters, Cantarella, Leo Bonhart, Impera Brigades and Enforcers, Vicovaro Medics and Emissaries xD

Pretty consistent but obviously nowhere near as powerful as even a Tier 2 deck :p

Some Dude just Nekker Warriored 3 times on a Nekker in R1. Than I high rolled Sweers with Runestone...

... poor bastard...

ser2440 : I actually ran that deck for the whole last season till the patch. Now it is much worse for several reasons, but before i peaked at 4450+ with it and the deck was really good. It gave you tempo with a bit weaker spy engine that was nevertheless still good enough to win r1 95% of the time. And it milled to absolute zero giving assire+n.brigade very high reliability for a 40 point two card finisher.
On top of it, if you recall vran was only played for millvran higher up till patch so opponent's Mulligan was often quite cautious to say the least:).

Now it is no longer viable unfortunately:(.

I know. I barely managed to play it before the patch :) When Letho and Fringilla were Double Agents, it was a bit viable indeed :)

My opponent open passed round 1 in a spy vs spy game, I did round 2 and we went into a long round 3, I immediately placed all emissarys necessary and eventually once we were at 6 or 7 cards used medic to get a forth enforcer, completely out-tempoing my opponent, given that I even completely shot down a tibor made me laugh, there is no way not to realize the game would come down to something like that if one passes right away (and has to start anyways).

two just now lol

first off: this is just round one and i can hardly see the board
https://i.imgur.com/fh3S0bb.jpg

second: 38 power difference in one play off of Regis. I swear he is my absolute favourite card.
https://i.imgur.com/kSA3shP.jpg

also, there was another game with a funny little exchange where my opponent muzzled one of my neckers in the final round. i also had muzzle in my hand and brought it back, which made me chuckle. "heyyy, why don't you come over here little buddy..." "no... you come back here you little scamp"

Last edited:
NG vs. NG, opponent opens with The Empress (ex Fake Ciri). I happen to have Decoy in hand, so I bounce her back.
Opponent plays Emhyr to pick her up and play on the next turn.

Hadn't seen that card in a long time. :D

RidiculousName;n10128632 said:
NG vs. NG

On that note, I played a NG Alchemy vs NG Alchemy match. Slave Driver was pulling Viper Witcher and the other strong cards needed. The match ended with both of us not having any targets for the Viper Witcher or any cards left in our deck. However, my Emhyr saved the day versus his Calveit. That was one of the most insane matches I've played in a long time. Normally, mirror matches are no fun, but that one was hilarious.

Faced a very unlucky opponent just now. He copied my silver spy, drawing tremors and bricking his Ithlinne, which he could have mulliganed in the final round, if not for the fact that he also had a dead Aglaïs in hand, resulting in losing the match by one point.

Playing my Shupe deck, ended up being an Ambush player thanks to Avallac'h and Portcullis.

monster ambush.jpg

Best thing was, opponent's Ambush was a Malena as well, and she stole my Whispess allowing the opponent to start R3 on equal cards. :D

Boosts up 7 cards to 20+ pts!
My deck can deal only 4 or at best 5 of them,
would be possible to stand against this kind of Nilfgaard deck,
or is this the high time for change Nilfgaard deck?

With this graveyard you'll gain at least 140+pts .

Gvynblade;n10147082 said:
would be possible to stand against this kind of Nilfgaard deck

There are at least four potential ways you can win against this deck. The predictability of this deck together with it being an one-trick-pony is its downfall.

1. Counter the big unit in the beginning. The opponent is usually only running two. If you can destroy both of them, (s)he will lose.
2. Go into a (long) round 3 with power generating units. The opponent's deck only has one snipe and no special tactics. You can still take it with sheer amount of power.
3. Go into a (short) round 3 while having double Scorch, optionally with Scorch-aligning cards.
4. Use a hybrid mill deck to brick your opponent.

Top Bottom