[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I don't know if someone posted it and I missed it. But I just finished the Delamain side-quest, and that dude becomes a super AI who lives on the other side of the black-wall. AND he knows you're dying.

Couldn't he legitimately swoop in at the last minute and basically fix V? Outplay Alt and everyone else.

I haven't finished this play-through (and why would I if I die?), but knowing that Del is a digital GOD out there in the ether, and that doesn't affect the story at all seems like wasted material.
Saved by a taxi AI, that's definitely the twist I'm looking for.

We are also told by CDPR that they won't "withhold story content for DLC", which would exactly be the case if we got such DLC.

Also, not many players got to the Nomad ending, which was optional, making it even less likely to be canon. Do you really think they are going to discard all the work they did in NC so they can build a DLC based around the Arizona desert?

That is without even considering the fact that there are 3 paths in the game, and it would absolutely make no sense for them to force all players to go into a Nomad storyline.
I'll say it again, screw the nomad ending! But I digress.. :p

Yeah, well I tend to not believe anything CDPR says anymore.. so..

Story is heavy on the upcoming problem with AI behind Blackwall - both Voodoo Boys quest and Talkshow in Radio.
Not to mention that Alt isn’t killed.
It’s highly unlikely that story is about Johnny. We have a shitshow with currents endings and we can only imagine what would happen if most of the endings would be scrapped along with every choice that V made during his/her journey.

Arizona isn’t going to happen. They need money I doubt that there will a lot of people who Would like to do quest in badlands only. Not to mention that this would trigger next wave of complaints that CDPR instead of filling holes in NC is taking story to the place where only thing thay have to do is copy-paste Witcher 3 and cut trees and change grass to sand.

sorry it won’t going to happen. Not to mention that this is PnP game taking place in NC.

Cmon ppl, what are you even talking about? Post endings DLC? Not happening.
The story is finished. In a shi...ty way, but it is.
"Mid-game side quest shoot some ppl here" DLC is all we're going to get. And nobody will buy it. :D

Cmon ppl, what are you even talking about? Post endings DLC? Not happening.
The story is finished. In a shi...ty way, but it is.
"Mid-game side quest shoot some ppl here" DLC is all we're going to get. And nobody will buy it. :D

Deep down we probably know, just feels better to share how you feel with likeminded people.
Post automatically merged:

That would be just insulting. The best AI in the world and the biggest megacorp in the world couldn't fix you but, this random ass dude will.

I am curious.

Could there be a way out of that corner by just not letting V die?
Like "everyone thought you had 6 months, but you defied expectations".

Maybe some bs explanation how being an engram kind of saved you and nobody could have forseen it, because your situation is that unique?

Apart from it being cheesy I do not see a counter-point atm.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Deep down we probably know, just feels better to share how you feel with likeminded people.

mid game long DLC (like Witcher ones) with “you don’t have much time left, coz you know you have a aggressive brain tumor”?
Not to mention that for any mid game DLC you will need Johnny on board and so have Keenu do motion capture and VO, which will costs a lot.

Game have numerical Acts for some reasons. And CDPR has also reputation to regain.
Also in every ending V and Johnny part their ways

Yep. Came here for that reason myself. Calmed down, and now look at thing realistically.
Fck I hate it when writers think that they are working on a movie, or a book, and we get sh..t like this.
Fcking sad/bittersweet main stream.
It's kinda funny, when you think of it. To have 7,
!!!!SEVEN!!!!
endings, and in all of them you die. So stupid. To the point that its actually hilarious :D

Forced myself to do Panam quest, where to take out the Hellmans convoy with EMP. I got a chat with Johnny and even Johnny tells me that V's goal is to survive no matter what.

Kill myself.gif

This game really does everything to make you feel like useless peace of shit.

We are also told by CDPR that they won't "withhold story content for DLC", which would exactly be the case if we got such DLC.

Also, not many players got to the Nomad ending, which was optional, making it even less likely to be canon. Do you really think they are going to discard all the work they did in NC so they can build a DLC based around the Arizona desert?

That is without even considering the fact that there are 3 paths in the game, and it would absolutely make no sense for them to force all players to go into a Nomad storyline.

I also think an Arizona-Map is very, very unlikely.

A scenario I could imagine for a post-ending DLC that kinda lets all decisions continue is like a short intro-part similar to our origins, depending on the ending you rolled with - and then converge into the main story of the DLC again, also like the main game did.

So for example V returns to Earth/Night City from Arasaka prison because they want her to do a job, promise something in return.

V returns from Arizona after a short stay there, with a hint her situation could be salvaged in Night City after all.

And Johnny-V tells us in cyber-space or whatever that he stays true to his words and gives you your body back, because for technobabble reasons it is possible after all, he only wanted/needed to do something for that ... but you still need to go back to NC to salvage the six months nonsense...

Something like that. In a way, that ALL endings seem to be somewhat similar as with V having not long to live makes such a DLC a lot easier...which gives me hope it was always the plan...but I really do not like the idea of having these hopes and then getting them crushed with a

"Look, our only DLC will be the story of young Jackie Wells - you people loved Jackie, now play as him, right until the moment he dies! V...who?" urgh...

I am curious.

Could there be a way out of that corner by just not letting V die?
Like "everyone thought you had 6 months, but you defied expectations".

Maybe some bs explanation how being an engram kind of saved you and nobody could have forseen it, because your situation is that unique?

Apart from it being cheesy I do not see a counter-point atm.

Thoughts?
One way I could see it, if they go the DLC route, is that it starts 6 months later, you just found a cure, you are back in NC, and you are going to go on a new adventure.

If they fix it through an update (what I would prefer), is that they add a new option where maybe you can use Arasaka's technology without going through them (maybe abduct Hellman and sneak into Arasaka or something), and you find a proper cure. Then, you can go back to the city like nothing happened.

"For some reason this ripperdoc in a trailerpark could cure you, but Arasaka can't" o_O
Why would Arisaka help you? They pretty much fuck you up and leave you like a vegetable, plus breakup message says you have changed. I would rather go to Arisona for help. They mess up your head. Besides its 2077 Arisona it might be helpful
Post automatically merged:

I also think an Arizona-Map is very, very unlikely.

A scenario I could imagine for a post-ending DLC that kinda lets all decisions continue is like a short intro-part similar to our origins, depending on the ending you rolled with - and then converge into the main story of the DLC again, also like the main game did.

So for example V returns to Earth/Night City from Arasaka prison because they want her to do a job, promise something in return.

V returns from Arizona after a short stay there, with a hint her situation could be salvaged in Night City after all.

And Johnny-V tells us in cyber-space or whatever that he stays true to his words and gives you your body back, because for technobabble reasons it is possible after all, he only wanted/needed to do something for that ... but you still need to go back to NC to salvage the six months nonsense...

Something like that. In a way, that ALL endings seem to be somewhat similar as with V having not long to live makes such a DLC a lot easier...which gives me hope it was always the plan...but I really do not like the idea of having these hopes and then getting them crushed with a

"Look, our only DLC will be the story of young Jackie Wells - you people loved Jackie, now play as him, right until the moment he dies! V...who?" urgh...
Or they will give you Jhonny to nuke civilans cus u know he is cool... -.-

Top Bottom