[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Hey,
I think that maybe you can think about the endings as your personal resolution or view of death.

Maybe you would expect that death is always sad, but that may not be the case.
Death itself may/is not sad, only the mindset with which you approach it.

I think that this may the sauce that was partially missing in witcher 3.
In CP it is more intensified by being more personal, rather than just related to someone :shrug:...?

Edit:
Though I (want to) believe that there is some hidden content, incoming patch, or something in which everything goes well :D

Last edited:
Okay, I have to do this...

takemura.png

CDPR you're telling me V doesn't deserve a happy ending when Takemura can have one? Horrible game, just horrible lol

Hey,
I think that maybe you can think about the endings as your personal resolution or view of death.

Maybe you would expect that death is always sad, but that may not be the case.
Death itself may/is not sad, only the mindset with which you approach it.

I think that this may the sauce that was partially missing in witcher 3.
In CP it is more intensified by being more personal, rather than just related to someone :shrug:...?

Edit:
Though I (want to) believe that there is some hidden content, incoming patch, or something in which everything will go well :D
Death is death, there is no personal resolution there. Anyone, who encountered death by someone they know, someone that is close to them are always deeply affected in a negative way. There is no positive way to look in death.

When death occurs, existence stops, what left are the memories who will haunt you all the time.
Post automatically merged:

Okay, I have to do this...

View attachment 11095166
CDPR you're telling me V doesn't deserve a happy ending when Takemura can have one? Horrible game, just horrible lol
Was hoping for an ending where Takemura becomes your buddy and V lives. I liked him.

Death is death, there is no personal resolution there. Anyone, who encountered death by someone they know, someone that is close to them are always deeply affected in a negative way. There is no positive way to look in death.

When death occurs, existence stops, what left are the memories who will haunt you all the time.

Was hoping for an ending where Takemura becomes your buddy and V lives. I liked him.
There is one ending like this, where he lives but you die anyway :sad:

I don't like that as Corpo I am forced to hate corpo. My V would like to go back to corpo, to luxury, discipline, serving Araska for respect, high status and credit cards. Yet game seems to force me to "no, no, you must hate them! You are free now". But I don't want to be free. I want my V to go back and be a VIP in Arasaka.

This is what is lacking for me in corpo (Hanako) ending: We should be able (as Corpo background) to swear loyality to Saburo to become his new bodyguard/assassin (V already proven that he is top tier merc and defeated a lot of other elite fighters). As we get our engram upload -> we go to Character Screen and we can create our new body (or just get clone of old one - whatever) and at the end of the game we are being waken up in new body. Few months has passed (growing cloned body was long process). Saburo is waiting for us. He is saying "time for you to earn your place, youjimbo". V just says "Yes, Saburo-sama". And credit rolls.

At least it's complete ending. Game could also continue then in Night City with some optional simple Saburo/Arasaka quests with espionage/assassinations etc.

Gosh, so much wasted potential in this game.

this, absolutely. I took every opportunity to actually say "hey corpos aren't all bad" and actually thought the way corpo V shares her condolences with Hanako was touching and appropriate in the context.

and yeah, I also proposed just making V their henchman since by the end of the game you can be a one-person army. combine it with companionship you've built with Takemura and rivalry you would have with Oda, and the opportunities for something awesome become aplenty.

this, absolutely. I took every opportunity to actually say "hey corpos aren't all bad" and actually thought the way corpo V shares her condolences with Hanako was touching and appropriate in the context.

and yeah, I also proposed just making V their henchman since by the end of the game you can be a one-person army. combine it with companionship you've built with Takemura and rivalry you would have with Oda, and the opportunities for something awesome become aplenty.
Could have been cool. If you start as corpo, you could get it like additional selection. Become Arasakas henchman. All other starts could lead you just go back to the city.

Funny how bunch of random plebs, us, come up with so many ending ideas that are better than big companies writers.

and it's not just existence that stops. everything the deceased could've ever done, everything they could've ever become, every little mark on the world they could've left is gone, too. unrealized, maybe even unconceptualized. to me, in my belief system, it's not just a person who dies - it's a whole different future, a myriad of little things that die with them. and to me it's not necessarily good or bad, I feel like those concepts don't do it justice. it's just... tragic. empty. negative space in the universe where something could've been.

Another thing that went through my mind about why the endings annoy me so much: During the marketing they said "Cyberpunk isn't about saving the world, it's about saving yourself", which I find very compelling, but it turns out you can't actually save yourself in this game.

Last edited:
I was wondering, was Johnny supposed to play such huge role in the game.
It seems major players are all connected to Johnny, while V is just some no name merc. Is it possible that maybe his role was increased due to how well was he received?

I was wondering, was Johnny supposed to play such huge role in the game.
It seems major players are all connected to Johnny, while V is just some no name merc. Is it possible that maybe his role was increased due to how well was he received?
A low amout of players are connected to Johnny thats for sure. Game even states "Go into the city as merc V". And his role was shoved up our throats most likely cuz its Keanu Reeves.

A low amout of players are connected to Johnny thats for sure. Game even states "Go into the city as merc V". And his role was shoved up our throats most likely cuz its Keanu Reeves.
Thats why i previously said that johhny ending storywise was best, like everything clicked. Rogue was waiting for this moment her whole life, alt helped him alot because shes his ex, while V role was sidelined. This ofcourse not bad writing, but would have prefered V puling all possible strings due to being pretty legendary merc while having assitsnce from Johnny.

Another thing that went through my mind about why the endings annoy me so much: During the marketing they said "Cyberpunk isn't about saving the world, it's about saving yourself", which I find very compelling, but it turns out you can't actually save yourself in this game.
"You can't save the world, only yourself"

Hasn't aged well at all.

Thats why i previously said that johhny ending storywise was best, like everything clicked. Rogue was waiting for this moment her whole life, alt helped him alot because shes his ex, while V role was sidelined. This ofcourse not bad writing, but would have prefered V puling all possible strings due to being pretty legendary merc while having assitsnce from Johnny.
Then might as well just make a game with just Jhonny, what's the point of V. Well apparently die.

Found this ironic.

Damn.....

Last edited:
Here's an ending related quandary that's just occurred to me. It also brings some elements of soul killer and what is a personality.

Alt was the first victim of soul killer. She is just a cold AI who admits she does not know anything of the Alt from before-result of soul killer. Yet Johnny is exactly the man he always been, with full personality and recollection of his past.

Also when V Jack's into Mikoshi Alt uses soul killer on him, yet he too is full 100% V, personality and all.

So where does this soulless scenario come from and under what conditions or constraints?

I don't like that as Corpo I am forced to hate corpo. My V would like to go back to corpo, to luxury, discipline, serving Araska for respect, high status and credit cards. Yet game seems to force me to "no, no, you must hate them! You are free now". But I don't want to be free. I want my V to go back and be a VIP in Arasaka.

This is what is lacking for me in corpo (Hanako) ending: We should be able (as Corpo background) to swear loyality to Saburo to become his new bodyguard/assassin (V already proven that he is top tier merc and defeated a lot of other elite fighters). As we get our engram upload -> we go to Character Screen and we can create our new body (or just get clone of old one - whatever) and at the end of the game we are being waken up in new body. Few months has passed (growing cloned body was long process). Saburo is waiting for us. He is saying "time for you to earn your place, youjimbo". V just says "Yes, Saburo-sama". And credit rolls.

At least it's complete ending. Game could also continue then in Night City with some optional simple Saburo/Arasaka quests with espionage/assassinations etc.

Gosh, so much wasted potential in this game.
seriously this, but with takemura being there with you. That ending I would have liked very much. Like seriously, cloning exists (and yes, might be "banned" by some bullshit law but you are in space, no one will tell).

Just look on Star Wars VII, VIII, IX, Dr Who, The latest BOND movie (under production) when "political agendas" gets into entertainment. It's all about respect for the "end user". Just because you CAN do something does not mean you should do it. Fallout 3 had the same issue with it's forced BAD END that they had to fix it in a DLC, and most people know about Mass Effect 3 bad endings.

Unless the developers fix Cyberpunk 2077's "bad endings" this game will have a seriously "bad ending" for the studio with no point of return. Who will want to buy a DLC/Expansion for a game where it's pointless to actually do any old/new content since your fate is sealed anyways?!

Mark my words, this is the beginning of the end for this studio unless this is fixed in a FREE DLC!

Oh get over it.

We each have our own preferences. I think that all RPGs should have multiple endings to choose from. Happy endings for those who hate tragedy and tragic endings for those who enjoy tragedy. That way everyone can enjoy the story the way they want with the ending they chose being canon in their own minds. Forcing nothing but tragedy eliminates a large number of potential fans

I can say the same thing about forcing a happy ending y'know. If you wanted a happy ending I don't know why you were playing a Cyberpunk game in the first place honestly.

Top Bottom