[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Post-credit dlc...
Only 19,99...

V gets cloned and chipped with the engram stored in the relic.

I mean they already stretched the lore so massively, I would not be surprised.

Oh so they havent found the cure, but you are all speculating that they will provide that in a DLC??
You want to hear my personal opinion? From a cynical arsehole?

They will not fix the endings, they will not release post credit dlc, they will not improve the game beyond barebones minimum.

But I will be damned if I don't call them out on the epilogue.

You want to hear my personal opinion? From a cynical arsehole?

They will not fix the endings, they will not release post credit dlc, they will not improve the game beyond barebones minimum.

But I will be damned if I don't call them out in the epilogue.
Dude.... I agree.. I have stopped believing in gaming companies a while ago... They have THEIR story that they dont want to fix... it goes their way and thats that... However, there is a small hope that they will put something in... that is just a molecule in size though..

When I realized my discontent with Cyberpunk endings, I remembered Fallout New Vegas.
If FNV I didn't even get attached to the Courier as much as I got attached to V. Mostly because the Courier is silent and because Bethesda's character creator is a complete mess (I had to find NCR Ranger armor ASAP and wear the helmet all the time).

Still I was able to get an ending that really fitted my character, and that ending was not absolutely happy. Just like CDPR, Obsidian did not allow me to enter post-ending Mojave, but it was OK. The story was finished! There was no emptiness inside me after I completed the story.

Cyberpunk is different. And that leads me to the conclusion, that Cyberpunk endings are truly unfinished. But even after a rough launch I still believe in CDPR. I believe they understand players' discontent and already busy with expanding V's story further to those 6 months, because I think this is the only time window where story DLC really fits.
In all respects, cyberprank did not stand next to Vegas.
The only problem with Vegas is that you cannot play after the plot, and there it is absolutely understandable (the balance of power is radically changing).
Even if the endings in cyberprank will be corrected, it will never become a competitor to Vegas.

Cure V? what are you talking about? How do you cure V?
Post automatically merged:

Wait, what? How do you cure?? dude need all the details! is it where you dont die within 6 months? Or where you arent put on that BS of a space station?

V still have Relic blueprints and all data, and only engineering team that can figure something out may be on space station? Mr. Blue Eyes might be the contact - only thing we know about him his from shady organisation? Or maybe Nomads have some contacts with talented engineering team that don't want go corpo because Nomads don't care about to join any corporation. They can also figure something else from blueprints?

I avoided spoilers about the endings like the plague to experience it myself. Not to mention, I came into this game acknowledging that there might be some bad endings, but I didn’t expect ALL the endings to be so miserable. Moreover, I played through all the endings (including “don’t fear the reaper”) expecting some form of satisfying conclusion for V’s endeavors. However, playing through each of the endings was a slap in the face for me because they all resulted in the same/similar outcome. I am hoping that those endings aren’t the final conclusion for V because leaving the player to come up with their own verdict of what happened to V doesn’t sit well with me.

With a rare med called Headcannonarium

I feel the exact same way about other posters. You know, the ones that ignore Misty says, "You live a good life in the Badlands" and that Panam is going to do all of her contacts and Victor's pills are helping V.

They want it to be without hope because they want to ignore the actual story and complain about it.

Its...not cool.

But I guess they feel the same way about me. They don't believe what the game is saying and think I'm misreading autor intent versus following it.

You see, one of the problems is this thread is full of people who choose to basically make up shit and say all the endings are the same because it suits their purposes. You know, they ignore Misty says, "You live a good life in the Badlands" and that Panam is going to do all of her contacts and Victor's pills are helping V.

They want it to be without hope because they want to ignore the actual story and complain about it.

Its...not cool.
Hey, I was just kidding ;)

I avoided spoilers about the endings like the plague to experience it myself. Not to mention, I came into this game acknowledging that there might be some bad endings, but I didn’t expect ALL the endings to be so miserable. Moreover, I played through all the endings (including “don’t fear the reaper”) expecting some form of satisfying conclusion for V’s endeavors. However, playing through each of the endings was a slap in the face for me because they all resulted in the same/similar outcome. I am hoping that those endings aren’t the final conclusion for V because leaving the player to come up with their own verdict of what happened to V doesn’t sit well with me.

That's the point of this thread - they leave game with open ending - in this case no matter if it is promising, hopefull, or doomed for main char. So community is making assumptions on they own. That off course should not go that route..

A reminder I think the central story is not really that interesting.

Best Johnny material? When he's trying to date Rogue and help his friend Kerry.

Which is unrelated to the brain chip.

A rewritten Cyberpunk 2077 by me would have Johnny having uploaded himself and be your friend who isn't killing you but needs you to do stuff in meatspace.
I don't know why, but this made me think of a Quantum Leap type situation where V is responing to Hologram Johnny all the time

I feel the exact same way about other posters. You know, the ones that ignore Misty says, "You live a good life in the Badlands" and that Panam is going to do all of her contacts and Victor's pills are helping V.

Its...not cool.

But I guess they feel the same way about me. They don't believe what the game is saying and think I'm misreading autor intent versus following it.
I feel the exact same way about other posters. You know, the ones that ignore what Vik, Alt, Helman say, and who keep clinging to a vain hope through what Misty says, "You live a good life in the Badlands" and that Panam is going to do all of her contacts and Victor's pills are helping V.

They want it to be with hope because they want to ignore the actual story and complain about it.

Its...not cool.

But I guess they feel the same way about me. They don't believe what the game is saying and think I'm misreading author intent versus following it.

See, works that way too... -_-

Last edited:
I feel the exact same way about other posters. You know, the ones that ignore what Vik, Alt Helman say, and who keep clinging to a vain hope through what Misty says, "You live a good life in the Badlands" and that Panam is going to do all of her contacts and Victor's pills are helping V.

They want it to be with hope because they want to ignore the actual story and complain about it.

Its...not cool.

But I guess they feel the same way about me. They don't believe what the game is saying and think I'm misreading author intent versus following it.

See, works that way too... -_-

While I appreciate sarcasm, I truly do, the last part was sincere so....yes, it does.

Oh dang, you guys reached 600 pages. What a beautiful disaster.

I said I’d come back when I beat Valhalla to say whether or not you had more choices matter towards your ending, but I still haven’t beat it (150 hours in, the game is endless) ALTHOUGH I am noticing characters I chose to help/not help coming up as I get closer, which was nice. Maybe CP wouldn’t have rubbed the wrong way quite as much if the endings had more characters than just Panam showing up to help in the end, rather than just a phone call where you don’t really reveal anything or they’re just like “bye have fun.”

I don't know why, but this made me think of a Quantum Leap type situation where V is responing to Hologram Johnny all the time
Same, I always saw it like some sort of inspiration or an easter egg
tenor01.gif

Top Bottom