[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Hello everyone, during the first playthrough, I noticed that one of the scenes of the storming of the Arasaka tower had a very strange cut (the moment when Adam smasher kicks down the door and after the scene, we find ourselves immediately on the roof) By the lore of the board game itself, the group of Silverhand was not alone , there was also a group of Militech and a group led by Morgan Blackhand. And I think it is during that weird scene that Morgan Blackhand saves Silverhand and lets him retreat to the roof. Is Morgan Blackhand likely to play a role in the next expansion? (oooh, and if so, this guy is one of the coolest assholes in the whole history of cyberpunk, like this is Mike Pondsmith's personal character with a cold-blooded character)
Hopefully not, since if he's dead, that means we either play in mid game or play as Silverhand most likely, hard pass. Since he isn't even really established a little in the game.

After all of the endings, if , a big IF they will make a post DLC, i think they will continue their legacy of edgy lords. I suspect a RDR2 style. You are walking dead. 6 months to live. Accept it. Maybe change something, community, the City itself or even find immortality?. Finding the cure as much as i want it to be a case, it's unlikely. We had a whole game concerning this point.
I was starting to wonder, if this kind of endings would be fine after sequel, or the third game? When i played V long enough, achieved something.
Most people bought those endings as a mere cliffhangers with V finding cure eventually.
Not to mention that this game is currently a mess and it will take more time to rebuild CDPR reputation than any road map for expansions.
Going with RDR2-esque DLC will only be another nail to the coffin - CP77 or CDPR.

I admit tho that those endings in the world stage are bad - both lore wise and expansion wise.
If they retcon endings it will be great or just bring them into on - like Deus Ex with its endings merging (dunno - make Arasaka be bought by Japan same way as NUSA did with Militech, say that Yori coup at the end of Arasaka ending crippled firm and even reincarnated Saburo can’t change this).
There are still optiones and non will be more stupid then plot cancer at the end of MQ.

It can be also said that CDPR tried to hint cure with treatment for SM or with cloning/new host. This can made DLC open both for newcomers (Mikoshi/Blackwall download to new host - character creation/ finding cure for existing characters)
But that’s just wild imagination.

Those endings as they stay are just bad, with illogical plot cancer and same dumpsink where every one of them lands.

Last edited:
I know that for me CDPR would be wasting time and money doing more secondary content because I would never spend my money on more "grinding stuff".

I think I did a little less than half of the GIGs and I have no desire to finish them, they won't bring me anything to save my character. The game already has too many GIGS, and it is very repetitive to keep making them, only a small part of them is interesting.
I would prefer that they invest more time in MQ, giving us more freedom to choose the path of V.

Maybe a secondary mission where you go with Viktor and Misty to a place to drink, eat, and talk about life?

CDPR: new DLC WITH AMAZING more... more... GIGS!

me:
1auqpe.jpg

Last edited:
I think most people here agree that post credit content and a way to cure V, is what we wish to happen.

I get the vibes that more and more people actually expect that to happen.

Well. I am too old to expect such things to happen. Imho, they ran out of time,cut content, because they could not make it run properly, edited the acts and slapped the current (sloppy) endings on top to have a "closure" for the game.

I don't expect them to actually fix it, because it would show how sloppy they were. Do I wish to have a reason to play that game again? Off course. But I am too old to expect it.

I will just wait and see what comes. If they deliver, I will drink to them. If they don't, I will watch the shitshow while drinking.

I don't expect them to actually fix it, because it would show how sloppy they were.

It's evident if you compared the length and writing quality of the other acts, adding a continuation wouldn't make it worse. Besides, most of the players seem to consider the story incomplete including the ones that like the ending. Nearly 85% want a post ending DLC just from this poll.

It's evident if you compared the length and writing quality of the other acts, adding a continuation wouldn't make it worse. Besides, most of the players seem to consider the story incomplete including the ones that like the ending. Nearly 85% want a post ending DLC just from this poll.
Hey. I myself am saying that the game feels incomplete.

It's one thing to see that the game is incomplete and another one to admit it by adding the missing links.

It is kind of funny how much info, how many ideas, movies and books, even games were there already made with Cyberpunk universe in mind having Mike Podsmith as well and they come up with this.

Shake my head.
Something went horribly wrong during production (very likely), or the promised content never really existed and it was all marketing (less likely)

It is kind of funny how much info, how many ideas, movies and books, even games were there already made with Cyberpunk universe in mind having Mike Podsmith as well and they come up with this.

Shake my head.
Story for me doesn’t make sense.
Two things come to mind:
- the story was changed to accommodate Johnny/Keanu, due to some reasons they just didn’t have will or permission to make him a villain.
his character makes liitle sense. in trailer it was about burning City down, in game it’s buddy-buddy let’s find the cure.
- story looks like somebody tried way too hard to come out with something original and not “cliche” it we end up with this kind of fiction. It’s like you would try to make Witcher to be financial thriller.

On the other hand the game simply in spectacular fashion wasted multiple great cyberpunk tropes
- Paralez questline (aka line between politics and corpo)
- cyberpsycho quest line
- engrams quest lines (with obvious transhumanizm traits)
- Militech/Arasaka quest line.
- mass media (one of the figs for Regina to talk to the reporter)
- climat changes

I know that it could be said “ok but that already was”, but people mostly want to see the things that they already have seen, they like it and they now want to see them in new form.

Instead we’ve got some bizarre story about dying and survival.

Also noticed V really doesn't say anything besides in missions or gigs. Unlike in GTA when driving, hitting something, shooting, you always hear some different lines and quips from characters like Trevor, Nico, CJ.

i always miss "they stole my donuts, so you're all gonna pay" from postal 2

---edit
and am i the only one who thinks: just take one of my 60 mk3 med-kits whenever a companion is doing the i'm seriously injured jig?

Last edited:
I feel like the game has some good concepts. A bunch of people trying on a heist, things go wrong, people die, you then get revenge against the people who killed your friends, happily ever after. Does the whole dying slowly necessary? The chip thing and the reaper make this game sound more supernatural but with science. It's like handwave it with magic. I would have been satisfy with the dark grim world around you and how powerless you are at changing things and get small victories in the end at most. It's like you could have V decided that he needs to escape before getting swallowed by the darkness so he becomes a nomad and move away from the city. V could decide that he tries to change things for the better, and he decides to become spy to bring down corporations (Even if it's futile). V decides to get swallowed by the darkness and becomes a legend in the making. Another ending could be a bad ending like V got put into prison after getting framed through burning through many bridges. I don't think it needed to have anything too complex in term of endings while still making your choices valid. There are some varieties that could allow replays while allowing different freedoms. V doesn't have to die to show that it is a grim world. When you include good and bad endings at the same time, you are allowing agency for the players. They feel like their decisions make a difference.

Last edited:
God please no more Johnny.
I am so sick of that character. Unless I can put a bullet between his eyes, I don't want to see or hear him ever again.

I liked him, not as person, but as character. He shows pretty well, how even the worst person, a terrorist, still remains a human being (a copy of one in this case). With his own twisted thoughts on happenings and wrong reasons for wrong actions (or are the reasons OK and only the actions are wrong?).

And he shows how easy it is to end a life of some random person, and how the same action becomes to an internal conflict, as soon as the the same person becomes trusted one. Even for him. A terrorist.

P.S.: Quite a well-written character if he makes you feel so strong, you want to meet him again just to kill him? Not? ;-)

just saw this article on Kotaku about CP one month later:
They don't mention the content cuts and endings issues the fans have with a single word. Maybe someone with an active Twitter profile wants to remind them that in fact, the technical issues aren't the only fucking problem?

P.S.: Quite a well-written character if he makes you feel so strong, you want to meet him again just to kill him? Not? ;-)

No doubt in that. But i don't want to see or hear him again. No matter what you do, Mr-but-ze-Corpos has an opinion on it.

I didn't mind Johnny that much at the start, but later one he started to be more annoying. Every time I had to choose something to say, he pops out and says something about corpos and other dumb shit he did and I just roll my eyes and say "Can you just let me think". He really ruins some of the moments.
Also another thing, no matter how you respond to him, he never really changes attitude towards you, he pops out, always says the same thing like your best but, but then you can say something against him, he gets angry and then repeat, he never tries to take your body by force or anything. They wrote him as your supposedly best bud. Did they not think that not everyone is gonna like him? Hm?

Top Bottom