[SPOILERS] End-Game And Suspicions About The First DLC

+
If they use that 6 months timer as a plot device, to connect the endings, they can already start the expensions with the solution to this problem. At the moment, no matter if you returned into your body, or stayed in cybespace/mikoshi, you need a solution, like a new vessel. They might start the expansion with V waking up in a new body, engineered for him. This way, they could even let people with the suiced ending continue the game.

I feel like there has to be a story reason to give the player 6 months to live, and have Panam or Mr. Blue Eyes emphasize they have a solution to our problems. Why show the player these hints and not reward the attention to detail in some way down the line?

Or at least takes the... Let's say "mixed" reaction to the endings ino account.

I agree... Originally CDPR seemed perfectly happy announcing DLC and expansion plans before launch, yet now we've barely heard anything. It's frustrating being a player who had minimal bugs, enjoyed the story, and is keen to learn more... yet we have to wait for last-gen to be fixed.

I agree... Originally CDPR seemed perfectly happy announcing DLC and expansion plans before launch, yet now we've barely heard anything. It's frustrating being a player who had minimal bugs, enjoyed the story, and is keen to learn more... yet we have to wait for last-gen to be fixed.

It would probably add more fuel to the fire.

"Hey guys sorry for releasing a buggy game, by the way here's our upcoming $25 expansion".

I feel like there has to be a story reason to give the player 6 months to live, and have Panam or Mr. Blue Eyes emphasize they have a solution to our problems. Why show the player these hints and not reward the attention to detail in some way down the line?

Exactly, if the endings are the end and no post game expansion is intended, why give us the hope of a cure.

If V is going to die after six months dont hint at a cure, just end on the theme of 'you have 6 months to live but you get to spend it with friends and family/becoming a legend'

With all the clues in game about a cure, if there is no post game expansion following this up I'll be pretty annoyed.

I don't know about the recordings, but since they where already set to release their plans on day 1 I have no doubt the DLCs are already set in stone. Whatever they may be. Personally I can only hope that the delay also causes re-evaluation of their plans.
If there's one thing that's set in stone, its when the setting of the DLC will be. The developers know when the want the expansions to take place. Regardless both would require different things in order for them to complete the expansion from a story perspective.
A mid game expansion requires that:

-You don't know any love interest or they have to disregard them story wise as a love interest. No Panam, Judy, Kerry, and Ward. If they do add them your love interest likely will be void for story purposes, unless they add unique dialogue and the rest is 95%+ neutral as if there's no interest or relationship in the first place. Certain relationships depending on in game choices can be Judy can leave the city in some playthroughs. Panam may never talk to you if you let Saul die when she calls for your help to save him. I don't know enough about whether or not certain choices can result in cut ties with either Ward of Kerry.

-It likely won't follow Mr. Blue Eyes. Outside of the ending of the game, the Peralez questline, Gary the Prophet quest (which most players wont do unless they see it online), Possibly Sandra Dorsett, which has a couple of caveats. What if you don't follow up with her sidequest and what if you do and don't decrypt the shard (I didn't). You wouldn't know her business without making either of those choices. Point being, theres no reason for Mr. Blue Eyes to hire you if he's got no clue who you are or if you don't have any status as a merc with Rogue.

-Takemura can't be involved because dies in some run throughs after kidnaping Hanako. This can be negated by somehow setting the expansion before the mission he dies, but how? Same goes with post story content. He will likely have no role in it. Or a very minor depending on your choice.

-Keanu Reeves will have to have had voice lines pre-recorded for this to work. Unless somehow we go 10+ hours of missions without Johnny saying a single word.

-New Characters will have to be added and if those characters are as major as characters such as Panam (and the aldecados) or Rogue. The reason for this is because it wouldn't make sense to have characters that can change the ending. Unless the plan on adding new endings and ways to get 'V' to Mikoshi.

-As stated before they would likely have to start you earlier then the point of no return. The reason for this is because as I also mentioned certain choices could have profound effects on relationships with certain characters. This is unless they make an expansion with only new characters or the ones you can't have a negative relationship with.

-Massive side quests which take us completely off track right before the point of no return main quest, doesn't make sense either. V's dying why would they go off on another set of missions which could take the in game time of at least a couple weeks. Just doesn't make sense.

They have to make sure that no major choices made in the game are negated in a potential mid game dlc. Based on when the timing of the dlc takes place this is much harder to do then in Post game, because some players might not have been able to make those choices yet. We can't assume all players who will participate in a DLC will have finished the game. All in game endings will have shown what choice the players have made at the end of the game. All they have to do with a post story DLC is to start the beginning of the expansion unique just like with life choices in the base game and then eventually tie them together also just like the main story did. There is a possibility though even with post story content that our love interest won't be involved for story purposes. The writing really did make it complicated for expansions to be made. Im sure this was a similar case in TW3. So I trust them to make something good.

It's frustrating being a player who had minimal bugs, enjoyed the story, and is keen to learn more... yet we have to wait for last-gen to be fixed.
IKR :giveup:
I mean obviously I understand, but damn now I gotta wait up for everyone else when I had minimal issues and I'm super excited for expansions and seeing more from this story. D;

certain choices can result in cut ties with either Ward

Ward is, to my understanding, the only LI that can die if you fail to help him with Randy.

In my mind, I have no doubt that in either the Sun or Star ending V succeeds in accomplishing what they wanted to do. The symbolism is too on the nose. Regardless, it definitely would be nice to see rather than tell or hint at it.

Last edited:
-As stated before they would likely have to start you earlier then the point of no return.

It's possible a mid-game expansion could take place before V meets with Dexter DeShawn, leading us down a separate heist or quest altogether.

Still, I feel like even that route would sour the experience because the base game's story is such a thrill ride and roller coaster of emotions... Come on, CDPR, give us story lovers some hope!

They are not gonna make Keanu reeves avoidable o_O
They are not gonna pay Keanu reeves again for more mid-game content.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the story about V, Johny already has a lot of moments in the game making V almost a secundary character, release an expansion with another character will make V the protagonist even more loser than what V already is.

Some clarifications
2021-01-15_20_57_07-general-chat_-_Discord.png

I actually don't understand the need to bring celebrities into a video game. Give someone else a chance to shine and I rather the money used to give better content than hiring celebrities. I think gamers as a rule don't play games just because Tom cruise is in it.

Because they want people to theorycraft on forums, to keep up the interest in the story and the game. Also the solution itslef can be the new plot device which pushes forward the story.
It's possible a mid-game expansion could take place before V meets with Dexter DeShawn, leading us down a separate heist or quest altogether.
I do not know, to me forcing players to abandon already finished characters to start a new playtrough, just to experience the expansion is not that good idea from a business perspective. Sure, lot of people liked Jackie, but I think overall more people interested in what comes next, including other characters from the mid game (Li's, Peralez family, Mr Blue eyes, Rouge etc)

And there, in reality we learn that the free dlc include extensions.

What ? How do I dream too much ? :rolleyes:

At this point, I won't believe anything until I see it. And I also won't touch any paid content before informing myself what it will be about very thoroughly.
I really like fantasy games but I fucking love scifi.
Scifi is already rare and good scifi is nearly non-existant.
I really hoped that cyberpunk would be a shining example on how you can make excellent hard scifi games.

Still, I feel like even that route would sour the experience because the base game's story is such a thrill ride and roller coaster of emotions... Come on, CDPR, give us story lovers some hope!
You mean expanding the prologue? i think that's not possible because it would force players to complete this expansion before main story(how would you do this quests with jackie dead and johnny in your head) and that's not how the expansions should be made. Plus that kind of Expansion would receive a giant backlash because many players would consider it as cut content
Post automatically merged:

I actually don't understand the need to bring celebrities into a video game. Give someone else a chance to shine and I rather the money used to give better content than hiring celebrities. I think gamers as a rule don't play games just because Tom cruise is in it.
It's because they wanted hype. Keanu played Neo in matrix that is in the same "realm" i would say. He is really popular and he brought hype to the game. My friends who are not into gaming started asking me "have u seen this game with keanu????" so i think he did his job, people who were not involved in gaming started getting interest and the game became popular.

I really like fantasy games but I fucking love scifi.
Scifi is already rare and good scifi is nearly non-existant.
I really hoped that cyberpunk would be a shining example on how you can make excellent hard scifi games.
Deus ex mankind divided was really good. But it's a game that proved that most people are not interested in this kind of games. The reviewers gave this game strong 9/10 but still the game didn't sell too many copies. I guess that if cp2077 haven't had so big marketing promotion it would end in the same way.

A few thing came out in recent days. catch it if u haven't already

Last edited:
Even if we get a post story expansion, I don't think we can continue questing afterwards. For example, I would like to leave NC forever, as it was possible in the Nomad ending. They would need so send you back to NC to be able to continue playing. I assume that leaving NC forever will be an option

A few thing came out in recent days. catch it if u haven't already

The Polish company will spend the next few months working on fixes to Cyberpunk 2077 instead of planning expansions to the game or getting started on the next installment of its other popular franchise, The Witcher.

Wonder if they just based this on the lack of expansions in the roadmap or there's more to it :think:

Even if we get a post story expansion, I don't think we can continue questing afterwards. For example, I would like to leave NC forever, as it was possible in the Nomad ending. They would need so send you back to NC to be able to continue playing.
Could be a temporary period in NC at the end of the expansion without any quests or urgency, before a final choice (leave or stay).

Top Bottom