[SPOILERS] Hearts of Stone. Can't kill

+
[SPOILERS] Hearts of Stone. Can't kill

I never used cheat codes, but in this case I have no choice there. Who will advise how to kill Olgierd von Everec?

Be patient and keep countering him, if you try to skirmish with him without parrying he will eat you alive, you just gotta understand his pattern and keep parrying\countering then get a couple of hits and so on.

Wait wait which Olgierd fight are you talking about? i was talking about fighting the real olgierd early on before starting the whole thing.

Last edited:
It's an incredibly poorly designed boss-fight, there is really only one way to beat him and once you've figured out the pattern you'll likely do it without taking damage.
It's pattern memorization at its most extreme.

Here's the gist of it: Block until he charges his red attack, then counter(timed block), he will stumble back, then you can hit him 3 times. Then just repeat that until he's dead.

The most dangerous part of this type of boss battle is boredom, because repeating a pattern like this for 3 minutes straight is incredibly uninteresting!

It's an incredibly poorly designed boss-fight, there is really only one way to beat him and once you've figured out the pattern you'll likely do it without taking damage.
It's pattern memorization at its most extreme.

Here's the gist of it: Block until he charges his red attack, then counter(timed block), he will stumble back, then you can hit him 3 times. Then just repeat that until he's dead.

The most dangerous part of this type of boss battle is boredom, because repeating a pattern like this for 3 minutes straight is incredibly uninteresting!

There's definitely more than one way to kill him.
I have a mixed Alchemy/Adrenaline/Sword build. Leshen Decoction to reflect back damage + Yrden to slow him down + spamming potions to heal my own hurt. Every time he hits you, he's stunned and you can take him down fast.

Finally I found a way to kill the boss. I just always shied away from it ;) Thank you for your attention and for your help in solving the problem :)

---------- Updated at 08:52 PM ----------

Last edited:
First run through of HoS on deathmarch took about 6 tries for me with a mixed sword / sign /very little alchemy build. I replayed the expansion now going all in on a more optimal fast sword attack / alchemy / very little sign setup and better swords (Sarrim and Ofir Sabre) and did not die at any of the last three bosses.

Oh yeah that one decoction (spirit or ghost?) where you auto recast quen on yourself after suffering a massive hit is great against the final boss. It is an excellent safety net.

After multiple attempts I found that you can attack the Olgierds that are not moving. They then spring to life and attack you as well which can quickly overwhelm you, HOWEVER you can kill each of the non moving Olgierds very quickly as they have a short animation for coming to life and then usually attack in a straight line from where they are standing. So if you kill each while still fighting the first Olgierd you should be done in a very short time. ALSO I am not sure but I THINK their order is fixed in terms of difficulty so you can attack and kill the hardest (usually the last) Olgierd first. Fighting them normally is fairly easy until the last Olgierd who I found if you let get into his swing will just never stop attacking and you will get to do maybe a single thrust with the help of Quen, once every five minutes or so which will do a tiny slither of his health.

I figured out that he is very vulnerable to Aard sign. Even with no upgrades to Aard skill I was able to knock him out for a moment every time I used Aard. Then was a time for 2-3 fast attacks or single strong attack.

Top Bottom