Starting September 16 (or 19), Your Life Will be Improved, Elevated, Augmented, Enriched… Enhanced,

+
PetraSilie said:
'Im technically unskilled but I don't think you can change indiviudal voices and use some of the old voices.
PetraSilie said:
You Europeans shouldn't complain too much about a Sept 19 release date. I contacted two game stores here in Perth, Australia and they both said the release date is fixed as October 2nd. WTF? :dead:
I think Australia was pretty late with the premier release as well? Was it somewhere in November? So actually Australia deserves the 16h and all others have to queue up ;D
Ooooh, I see what you said, thar 8) And I read your post on the Internet, so it must be true! Early release date for us! ;)So yah, Zhuangzi, early October for us. We win by losing! :D ... ??? ... :eek: ... :(*puts waiting shoes on**starts dancing*What the...?? Oh no, I put my dancing shoes on by mistake! Gah!*kicks dancing shoes off in amongst dance steps**puts waiting shoes on*Aaaaah... calm...*waits calmly*

mattg63 said:
mattg63 said:
mattg63 said:
What I do not understand: If the EE is ready NOW --- why can't the developers put the files online NOW??? So everybody who already has a registered copy can start downloading right away?!?!?! ???
We would upset a very large number of game stores around the world by releasing the content for free online before they get it in stores. Remember, this is PC gaming, so it's already hard enough to get stores to carry the game... and it's a (vastly improved version of a) game that came out a year ago. So yeah, we've had to make a few sacrifices :)
But the people that are eligible to download it already own it and won't be buying it in a store anyway. And it's just a patch, not a full version of the game so I don't see what he big deal is.
There doesn't have to be a "big deal" to explain this situation. It's just the way stuff works sometimes. Developers have distributors in other countries (Like THQ, Activision or in this case Atari). I'm sure the guys at CD Projekt would love to be able to just give you the files when they're ready and when you want them, but it clearly just isn't working out that way this time. The funny thing is you sound like you think you're the first person to think of that. Of course we would ALL love to have the patch as soon as it's done, and if CD Projekt were distributing it independently in stores and everything, it'd be a much better situation of course...but they had to make deals with distributors in order to get the game printed and packaged and sold around the world in stores, and it could just be that the deals they made with those distributors have some stipulations when it comes to releasing something like this....that's it. You'll be fine. I'm not saying you don't have the right to wonder why we can't just have the patch, but obviously there is a good reason or...we wouldn't even be talking about it. Good day.

PetraSilie said:
'Im technically unskilled but I don't think you can change indiviudal voices and use some of the old voices....
that would be very disapointing ... for in my opinion it would decrease the "improvements" realy drasticaly (it would be like a patch-fix, that adds other bugs) :dead:but couldn't it be possible with the D'Jinni-Editor ?? - I mean, how did they otherwise manage to make voices for the new charakters in the additional new adventures ? ???

Morphhu said:
can i ask for some official info about the hungarian release date? is it 19th Sept?i'm asking this since the biggest videogame shop in Hungary says it will be availabe in october? I hope it is pure speculation, since i 'd like to get it when everyone else :) (though i'm afraid i'll have to wait till monday, since 19 is friday :p )
I would also like to know that, because I'm from Hungary too, and dispite you said that all the european verisons will be relased at once on the 19th of september, none of the Hungarian online pc game shops have them for preorder in their stock. So could you please reassure us that our fears are not reasonable?

why is it taking so long to release the files for download?if the yankees can have it at 16.9, the files MUST be ready long time ago!you are just wating till the shop version is ready to sell, so maybe more people will buy it, and not download it.

Do we have to wait till 19 September if we already have the game or can we download from 16 September even if we aren't from North America?? Or do you only release the EU download version on 19 September?? I don't want to download no american censored version.

According to this answer the DL starts worldwide on 19th.
serious1 said:
serious1 said:
'Im technically unskilled but I don't think you can change indiviudal voices and use some of the old voices....
that would be very disapointing ... for in my opinion it would decrease the "improvements" realy drasticaly (it would be like a patch-fix, that adds other bugs) :dead:but couldn't it be possible with the D'Jinni-Editor ?? - I mean, how did they otherwise manage to make voices for the new charakters in the additional new adventures ? ???
I recommand you ask in the Djinni fourm if it's possible to seperate voice files and replace single samples.

vanworden said:
if there were many complaints about voice of some of the character we overrode them. But as I said French version voices hasn’t change….
Well to be honest; Lady of the Lake and the Dryad in French sound like a 40-year-old shemale.. Seriously. :-\ That's too bad they haven't been re-recorded. Guess I'll play in Polish with subtitles, or English.As for the new models, we know Carmen has been reworked. I sure as hell hope the vampire of the brothel looks like a real vampire. Not just a Carmen with different colors. :(

turius said:
why is it taking so long to release the files for download?if the yankees can have it at 16.9, the files MUST be ready long time ago!you are just wating till the shop version is ready to sell, so maybe more people will buy it, and not download it.
Yeah, you're right. CD Projekt are probably just a bunch of greedy pigs who don't care about you, which makes sense because everything that doesn't go your way is obviously just totally unfair and a social injustice.

lovelypsycho said:
lovelypsycho said:
'Im technically unskilled but I don't think you can change indiviudal voices and use some of the old voices.
lovelypsycho said:
You Europeans shouldn't complain too much about a Sept 19 release date. I contacted two game stores here in Perth, Australia and they both said the release date is fixed as October 2nd. WTF? :dead:
I think Australia was pretty late with the premier release as well? Was it somewhere in November? So actually Australia deserves the 16h and all others have to queue up ;D
Ooooh, I see what you said, thar 8) And I read your post on the Internet, so it must be true! Early release date for us! ;)So yah, Zhuangzi, early October for us. We win by losing! :D ... ??? ... :eek: ... :(*puts waiting shoes on**starts dancing*What the...?? Oh no, I put my dancing shoes on by mistake! Gah!*kicks dancing shoes off in amongst dance steps**puts waiting shoes on*Aaaaah... calm...*waits calmly*
Yeah, October 2 seems like a long time away, but considering I haven't played The Witcher at all yet I guess I can wait.I'm going to tide myself over with Space Rangers 2: Reboot in the meantime. 8)

turius said:
turius said:
Do we have to wait till 19 September if we already have the game or can we download from 16 September even if we aren't from North America?? Or do you only release the EU download version on 19 September?? I don't want to download no american censored version.
Stop whingeing, you ingrates. CDPR didn't have to do this but they've created a newer, improved version of the game with downloadable extras for FREE. You really can't please everyone, can you. I can't think of any other game manufacturer who'd do that. There are licensing reasons as to why things like this can't be released all over the world at the same time, it's nothing to do with the company being favouritist or lazy. Three days is a split second in licensing terms - sometimes the release dates between the EU and the US can be a month or more apart. And if they were doing it to hope people would buy the retail version, do you blame them? Heaven forbid they'd try to make some extra money out of the years of hard work put into this project. I'm stunned that there are people who are moaning that they can't have their free copy nownownow.I'm going to buy the retail version to support this fantastic company in spite of the fact I own the original. Shut up and wait the extra days, ffs.

Lysander said:
Lysander said:
Lysander said:
Since nobody has yet to give a definitive answer about the censorship, we don't even know who is getting what version and what level of censorship exists in each version. The only thing I can think of is that they don't want to comment on it for a good reason. In that case, I'd take a PM ;)

I assume the censorship will be identical to what already exists ... we in north american apparently cannot be subjected to the horror of nipples or buttocks ;)i sincerely doubt there's much more to it than that

gamewidow said:
I assume the censorship will be identical to what already exists ... we in north american apparently cannot be subjected to the horror of nipples or buttocks ;)i sincerely doubt there's much more to it than that
Then surely they would have commented on that instead of saying "undecided" every time someone asked. I thought the language was also toned down a little. Not all of it, but a few less F* from everyone.

I have been waiting for the release of the enhanced edition since may and with all the new features and technical improvements this game will rock!! its already one of the best RPGs ive played and now its going to get even better!! man, i cant wait to live in the world of the witcher again. Its going to be the best!!

Still, I wish they could just tell us whether or not the US version is still censored. I mean, there can't honestly be any reason why they have to keep that under wraps.I haven't played The Witcher yet, sadly. I tried for a few months to get a copy of the LE UK release to no avail, and eventually, the Enhanced Edition was announced... so I've been waiting quite a while to play this. All I want to know is whether or not the US version is uncensored so I can go out there the day it comes out and finally buy this game. Or if I'll have to go through the shenanigans of importing the game from the UK. It's just annoying that they refuse to tell us something so basic.

Wasn't it mentioned earlier in the thread that games are generally released on Tuesday in North America, and Friday in Europe? It's just the way release scheduling works out when they are released the same week, not a shafting of the European market by Atari. >_> When you think about it, isn't it better to get a game on Friday, rather than the beginning of the workweek, anyway? Then you have all weekend to dive right in. ;) My local Best Buy won't have it till the 23rd anyway (or so they say). :p

Top Bottom