Stash system

+
Mhm...you mean all 104? :D I read the post after the one I quoted and another one after that. So...what?

The post about the fast travel is a bit funny tbh. Fast travel itself is already a very, very convenient and simplistic feature. If you accept it, why not roleplay as you need tp? Pretend there is only one stash per location and always fast travel to it.

I wouldn't like that. Wanna know why? It's a bit ironic: I hate fast travel. It breaks immersion for me lol. :D

I stated just that in my posts. I would just use one. But now that I am playing it, it is so simplistic that I will probably just say 'F it' and use it as it is.

Simplistic in that:
- Can't put books in it
- Can't put crafting materials in it (no idea why since witcher armor is a crafting component and you can store those. So why not any crafting item?)
- Can't put food in it
- Can't break up stacks of stuff while placing things in it. (Drag your repair tools over and they all go in, so can't place just half in there without doing the drop on the floor thing)
- Can't organize things in it at all, it is always auto sorting.
-Was hoping they would be in more interesting locations, like a ruin or cave that you make your hideout (Like Letho hiding out )

I had high hopes for it and even more disappointed than them being linked. Would rather have some of the options above even more than them being unlinked.

I had high hopes for it and even more disappointed than them being linked. Would rather have some of the options above even more than them being unlinked.

Yup. Nough said. Just random chests used for storing Witcher gear you're currently not using. GG CDProjekt.

the ability to respec was more than enough.... the game made sure you dont need to carry around everything.... for example geralt recieving festival clothing.... you could sell it with no worrys since you always recieved another set when it was neccecary....but still ...there was enough space to carry it with you anyway if you prefered.... I see no problem with the new stash system atm... but I dont see any point either.... so yeah ... I kinda see how it would please ppl that like to keep stuff.... but thats about it.... same like keeping endless amounts of coin.... if that makes you happy ?????? .. cdpr got your back.... its nothing to get excited about.... as it exactly does nothing for the game.... but if youre happy ... cdpr is happy... I think they might see it the same way.... they didnt see a point... but dont mind it being in their game...

I think what I am going to do is just sell everything I can't buy off a vendor, even though it is cheaper to keep stuff than buy it later, this will give more reasons to spend all the coin I have.

My complaints about inventory have nothing to do with Weight, it's more about not liking the idea that I am carrying around a lot of iron, leather, wax, wooden beams, etc. I also like a clean inventory. I like the idea that geralt is traveling lite, only taking what he needs.

"Caved In" is too judgmental for me, they are trying to please their customers, as any good company should do... and I commend them for their endeavors.

Prior to seeing it, I thought that I would possibly use it for crafting items....which linked up with say the Blacksmith when creating stuff..... but alas, such is not the case.....yet anyway.

For armor, I just craft it when I reach the required level, so no issue for me there either.
Books are perfect for me now having their own tab.... so I'm more than pleased with that aspect.
I like reading the notes or having them with me to refer back too if the desire strikes me to do so... while sipping my coffee say ;)
Personally, I do keep one steel and 1 silver as backup in my bags if I "break" what I was using while in a dungeon or whatnot, but that's it.

But, from the other side, their are indeed hoarders who horde for the sake of hording... and that's fine too if it's your thing.
LOL, I just recalled a South Park episode...lol

So they eventually caved in to hoarders. Good fucking God. Geralt went through only 3 armours and 3 swords throughout the whole 1st Witcher game. That was so refreshing. Not only they've made Geralt a gear whore but they even gave him a figurative dollhouse to store all his dolls so he could play with them later. FACEPALM

I don't see anything wrong with Geralt finding a nice sword or a good pair of boots and being able to tuck them away at Dandelion's place or at Kaer Morhen when he has the chance. For someone who is living hand to mouth, that actually makes sense.

I think the storage is unobtrusive enough that you can simply choose not to use it, as well. Heck, you can even choose not to use saddlebags, if you wish.

The thing I am wondering is if you sold off all your rare crafting items, is there always a way to find more later, or are you screwed?

That they were unlinked was a hope, not a demand. I said I would deal with it however it came out. Thanks for posting.

well, the only problem with the stash system is the fact that we cannot store ingredients and crafting materials. i had 125+ weight due to materials and hides. hides luckily are stored in stashes, but crafting materials do not, please make a stash like witcher 2...where everything apart from quest items could be store and was categorised.

well, the only problem with the stash system is the fact that we cannot store ingredients and crafting materials. i had 125+ weight due to materials and hides. hides luckily are stored in stashes, but crafting materials do not, please make a stash like witcher 2...where everything apart from quest items could be store and was categorised.

Taken from 1.07 changelist:
"All crafting components and alchemy ingredients now weigh nothing".

Yep, you could access it by talking to any innkeep.

Much obliged. Now I remember. To reach some sort of consensus I thin kone stash at Dandelion's tavern would be OK by me. If it were located somewhere in his top-floor suite and to get it you'd have to go there specifically. |That would not ruin immersion for me personally.

Top Bottom