Stash system

+
My point is do you carry 15 swords? Or only what's realistic? If your already not realistic then doesn't matter how inventory is tweeted? To each there own but to me if something is fantasy then it's fantasy, I only think realistic in terms of making decisions and such. If it's real, like I play Skyrim with frostfall and others mods to make it more realistic, then go for realistic. The second I found the battlefield and looted like 45 pieces of gear the concept of anything realistic I'm this game was gone so now I'm looking for things that enhance what the game reall is. A better inventory and a stash chest do that IMO.

Human psychology doesn't work that way so easily I'm afraid. It's a big difference if something is there or not. It's constant temptation.

And in the end, it's the job of the game designers to "design" the way I play the game and not my own one. I don't like playing game while having to discipline myself. I don't see the fun in that.

It's like telling the player if the balance is fucked up and the game becomes too easy that they should just avoid using abilities and skills and only use beginner's gear and weapons in order to nerf the own character. Yeah, I guess that's how to make good games...

Except you're expecting them to tailor something to the game to fit YOUR playstyle and that's not practical at all, there's a lot of people who want this feature, so it makes sense to appease that portion of the player base while still making it optional for others. Self-imposed challenges aren't that hard, it's not like an alcoholic saying no to booze. I understand the point about game balance but this doesn't seem to affect it in any great capacity, as I played the game I still looted everything, the difference is instead of hoarding items, I sold them and apparently traded in for hoarding crowns, giving us the option just makes us now decide between more items or more gold. Inventory clutter and gold bloat were already issues in the game and this is one step towards possibly correcting those issues. I know if I had this option to begin with I would have never sold any book or note and just stashed it somewhere, I would never have sold Witcher Gear or special quest swords or trophies but kept them as souvenirs.

It's kind of like people who hate fast travel, if you don't like it don't use it, don't go ruining it for everyone else who prefers it by wanting the developer to take it out.

It's not as if linked storage is unprecedented in the Witcher Series. The first two games had linked storage with innkeepers.

Coming from the first two games, finding storage missing in this one was kind of jarring. I'm glad they are fixing this oversight. I'll use it the way I always have in these games: there are some items that just feel wrong to drop or vendor. Never could sell Aerondight or Winter's Blade and I'm certainly not going to sell my trophies or upgradable armors and weapons.

Really don't understand the reaction from the self-proclaimed "hardcore". You must have hated the first two games for their casual friendly linked storage and the Gothic games must have really sucked for you with their infinite inventory.

It's not as if linked storage is unprecedented in the Witcher Series. The first two games had linked storage with innkeepers.

Coming from the first two games, finding storage missing in this one was kind of jarring. I'm glad they are fixing this oversight. I'll use it the way I always have in these games: there are some items that just feel wrong to drop or vendor. Never could sell Aerondight or Winter's Blade and I'm certainly not going to sell my trophies or upgradable armors and weapons.

Really don't understand the reaction from the self-proclaimed "hardcore". You must have hated the first two games for their casual friendly linked storage and the Gothic games must have really sucked for you with their infinite inventory.

I've learned over the years that more often than not "Hardcore gamer"= No self control or willpower.

It's like the guy further up said regarding fast travel, who would actually bother about FT unless they themselves were always using it?! Don't get me wrong, I can completely see their point with some things when it comes to MP or Co-op games, because if there's a glitch etc to be had, it genuinely places those "hardcore" gamers at a disadvantage, so most people have no choice but to roll with it. However, their concerns/gripes go right over my head when we're talking about a SP game.

Last edited:
I understand the point about game balance but this doesn't seem to affect it in any great capacity, as I played the game I still looted everything, the difference is instead of hoarding items, I sold them and apparently traded in for hoarding crowns, giving us the option just makes us now decide between more items or more gold. Inventory clutter and gold bloat were already issues in the game and this is one step towards possibly correcting those issues. I know if I had this option to begin with I would have never sold any book or note and just stashed it somewhere, I would never have sold Witcher Gear or special quest swords or trophies but kept them as souvenirs.

It's kind of like people who hate fast travel, if you don't like it don't use it, don't go ruining it for everyone else who prefers it by wanting the developer to take it out.

Thanks for explain it in better English...:cheers:

I've learned over the years that more often than not "Hardcore gamer"= No self control or willpower.

There's an easy way to please everybody. Make it optional. Want linked or unlinked stashes? There you fucking go. I turn the hud off and go death march, something everybody can do if they felt like it. Not using fast travel is really easy since the world is designed for you to get lost in but if there was a toggle for it then I'd be much happier because it adds another layer of immersion IF I wanted.

Except you're expecting them to tailor something to the game to fit YOUR playstyle and that's not practical at all, there's a lot of people who want this feature, so it makes sense to appease that portion of the player base while still making it optional for others. Self-imposed challenges aren't that hard, it's not like an alcoholic saying no to booze. I understand the point about game balance but this doesn't seem to affect it in any great capacity, as I played the game I still looted everything, the difference is instead of hoarding items, I sold them and apparently traded in for hoarding crowns, giving us the option just makes us now decide between more items or more gold. Inventory clutter and gold bloat were already issues in the game and this is one step towards possibly correcting those issues. I know if I had this option to begin with I would have never sold any book or note and just stashed it somewhere, I would never have sold Witcher Gear or special quest swords or trophies but kept them as souvenirs.

Well said aozgolo. You and I got a lot in common :hatsoff:

What Im gonna do with all of this stuff?!

Attachments

• Overburden.jpg
    Overburden.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 45
Want to be hardcore? Intall the mods where stuff you sell are worthless and you wont end up with 20k plus midgame, im betting i wont even need the stash lolz!

Except you're expecting them to tailor something to the game to fit YOUR playstyle

Actually I expect them to keep the game how they sold it to me. You guys want the game to be changed, not me. You want them to tailor the game to your playstyle. I was just happy how it was. I bought the game because I was happy how it was. That's why these changes should be optional. This is not some change of concept some months before release.

---------- Updated at 12:06 AM ----------

Want to be hardcore? Intall the mods where stuff you sell are worthless and you wont end up with 20k plus midgame, im betting i wont even need the stash lolz!

Want stashes or alchemy ingredients that have no weight at all? Just install a mod. You know, the argument works in every direction.

People keep reacting like this is a game breaker for me, when I clearly have stated I will go with whatever happens and use it my own way. It's not like I'm saying, "WTF, the chests are linked, F this world!" and I'm going to go jump off a bridge. Every time I get a game and learn how it works, I start trying to play it more believably with what I am given. I don't go pick up 20 swords or loot everything is sight.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how it is implemented.

So I have a question: If they made it where you could send stuff straight to the storage every time you loot something, would THAT bother you you? Or would you think that was dumb?

So I have a question: If they made it where you could send stuff straight to the storage every time you loot something, would THAT bother you you? Or would you think that was dumb?

Except this is something that's never even been hinted at, so your question is nonsensical.

Except this is something that's never even been hinted at, so your question is nonsensical.

Why do you say that, it's pretty much what is happening with Roach already. Making it go directly to the Stash instead is just one step further. I ask because I want to know when others draw the line on game design being easy vs being dumb.

Maybe I should ask, if the stash locations are not linked, is that going to piss a lot of people off?

Why do you say that, it's pretty much what is happening with Roach already. Making it go directly to the Stash instead is just one step further. I ask because I want to know when others draw the line on game design being easy vs being dumb.

Maybe I should ask, if the stash locations are not linked, is that going to piss a lot of people off?

Have you played The Witcher 1 and 2?

Top Bottom