Suggestions for New Cards

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, just got another idea for the Letho of Gulet card. Considering he's a king slayer, making him disable the leader ability of the opponent would be nice.

To be honest, that's one of the most op things I've ever heard of.

But it's really fitting and to think about it it's not that OP .. because Letho will disable your opponent's ability only when he's on the battlefield so he'll affect one round only and if the opponent already use their ability he becomes obsolete

mjul

Forum veteran
To be honest, that's one of the most op things I've ever heard of.

It's not really that OP. Many leader abilities are not that amazing and players often forget to even use them. Look at Dagon's ability, losing it can cost you the game but it's not that big of a loss.
It's is very strong, but I wouldn't call it one of the most OP things I've ever heard of.

I have to admit that I don't know most of the new leader abilities. I'm aware that Gwent TWCG will be pretty different, but I have to reffer mainly to my experiences with playing the old gwent vs real persons until I play the new. The abilities are game deciding for us almost every time, so the Letho card alone would've changed all matches I had signifcantly.
Also it wasn't meant to be offensive, sorry if it may sounds like that.

I have to admit that I don't know most of the new leader abilities. I'm aware that Gwent TWCG will be pretty different, but I have to reffer mainly to my experiences with playing the old gwent vs real persons until I play the new. The abilities are game deciding for us almost every time, so the Letho card alone would've changed all matches I had signifcantly.
Also it wasn't meant to be offensive, sorry if it may sounds like that.
It won't work like emyhr the white flame .. it will have temporary effect in a certain round or even no effect at all if played after the opponent used their leader ability you can avoid it easily or pass the round if you feel like using your leader is necessary

It won't work like emyhr the white flame .. it will have temporary effect in a certain round or even no effect at all if played after the opponent used their leader ability you can avoid it easily or pass the round if you feel like using your leader is necessary

I know, I was talking about the temporary round effect the whole time. The leaders being game deciding for me always in the last round.

As for the teleport card, it's too random and too difficult to incorporate into the mechanics of the game. What if you play it on the first round and it won't come on on round 2 (and you lose the second round)?

Yes, good point. I modified this card and I think this is better upgrade now.

And something extra for Geralt card.

Last edited:
The portal is way to OP now. For 0 strength you can take any card from your deck? What's the point of playing spies now?

Playing against a monster deck? Oh, let me use my portal to bring Geralt: Igni or Triss : Mistress of Magic and destroy all of them.
Even if it didn't brought heroes from your deck, it makes the spies obsolete.

The portal is way to OP now. For 0 strength you can take any card from your deck? What's the point of playing spies now?

Playing against a monster deck? Oh, let me use my portal to bring Geralt: Igni or Triss : Mistress of Magic and destroy all of them.
Even if it didn't brought heroes from your deck, it makes the spies obsolete.
Without this cards there is no point of playing spies now anyway.
Portal can be gold card so is taken one space in hero cards when you building your deck.
Besides I mentioned before (there are some weaker cards and better, weaker you are replacing the longer you play)

Can give you perfect example in existing cards:

What is the point having this card in the deck:
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/3108-mahakaman-guard

When you can have this card, is the same situation:
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/509-zoltan-the-brawler

Without this cards there is no point of playing spies now anyway.
Portal can be gold card so is taken one space in hero cards when you building your deck.
Besides I mentioned before (there are some weaker cards and better, weaker you are replacing the longer you play)

There is a point in playing spies, especially in the skellige deck where you can easily revive the card that went into the graveyard.
I agree that there is going to be weaker cards, but it's not a reason to throw balance out of the window. If portals become "hero" cards than it'll be better, but it'll be a must-have in absolutely every deck, as it's simply a way to have a card in your deck guaranteed for absolutely no drawback.

What is the point having this card in the deck:
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/3108-mahakaman-guard

When you can have this card, is the same situation:
http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/509-zoltan-the-brawler

The Mahakaman guards can be buffed and protect other cards from scorch/plague, and you can have 3 of them on board instead of just one with the Zoltan one.

I think it would be cool if they implement Game's clock / Day and Night system. For example : after 1 minute the board shifting from day to night and vice versa. Some card will be weaker/stronger/transform at night and some card can make day/night time longer. A good player sometime will stall the time or play faster so they can get the best outcome. This might be a bit advance mechanic but I'm just throwing the idea.

I think it would be cool if they implement Game's clock / Day and Night system. For example : after 1 minute the board shifting from day to night and vice versa. Some card will be weaker/stronger/transform at night and some card can make day/night time longer. A good player sometime will stall the time or play faster so they can get the best outcome. This might be a bit advance mechanic but I'm just throwing the idea.

real time or in-game ?

So more random ideas:

-A Jail character, which holds prisoner another card and only let's it go when it is destroyed.
-An immunity character, which cannot be affected by any other card whatsoever.
-A Magic Armor troop, which cannot be targeted by special cards (but affected by effects on row or battlefield)
-A card that takes the golden status from a hero or promoted troop.
-A troop that activates the effect of another troop
-A character that consumes a random non-hero opponent card and adds it to its strength.
-A character with a sacrificial pact, in which if it dies, player draws a random card from deck.

Last edited:
So more random ideas:

-A Jail character, which holds prisoner another card and only let's it go when it is destroyed.
-An immunity character, which cannot be affected by any other card whatsoever.
-A Magic Armor troop, which cannot be targeted by special cards (but affected by effects on row or battlefield)
-A card that takes the golden status from a hero or promoted troop.
-A troop that activates the effect of another troop
-A character that consumes a random non-hero opponent card and adds it to its strength.
-A character with a sacrificial pact, in which if it dies, player draws a random card from deck.

I like the last one the most .. Brilliant idea for an Olgierd/Gaunter card

Crazy enough? Pretty lore and refers to her unconventional spell.
Sabrina Glevissig (character)
Passive: you can't play leader card while having this card in your Hand.
When pass: If the number of cards on each side of the board is equal, remove all non-hero cards to Graveyard. You lose your leader card. Discard when removed.

Last edited:
Condwiramurs Tilly (for these who know book)

Condwiramurs Tilly is an oneiromancer, a sorceress specialized in dream interpretation.
When played: Showing every opponent extra cards drawn to his hand during the game.

Corine Tilly (for these who know only game)

Corinne Tilly is an oneiromancer, a sorceress specialized in dream interpretation.
When played: Showing two opponent's cards on his hand.

Ok, after KTS 2 I have a lot of ideas to add to this thread:

-A -1 strength silver troop in Skellige deck that gives +3 to all cards revived.
-A special card that removes resilience from non-gold cards.
-A special card that adds an empty glyph on a row of your choice. That means that the row cannot be affected by weather.
-A disloyal spy card that exchanges leader abilities, but only if they are both not used.
-A Skellige troop that gets +1 for each loss in strength of a friendly troop.
-A Scoiatel troop that removes 1 strength from a random opponent non-gold troop when an elf troop is played (in both sides).
-A Scoiatel troop that gets +4 if it becomes resilient (by default , it isn't).
-A Scoiatel silver troop that has 3 different effects that you can choose from, but the effect remains secret until it is activated (think Hearthstone secrets).
-A special card that counters the last special card played. If it was a removal, the troop/s removed is/are brought back.

As always .. You put the best suggestion in the last

A removal negating card is a must with all these removal effects even if it's a gold or silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom