System requirements

+
System requirements

From the steam page of The Witcher 2:Minimum System RequirementsOS: Windows XP/VistaProcessor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or similar AMDMemory: 1 GB for Win XP / 2 GB for Win VistaGraphics: Nvidia GF 8800 512 VR or similar ATIDirectX®:Hard Drive: 8GB for game and 8GB bonus contentSound:Recommended Requirements:processor: Quad Core Intel or AMDRAM: 3GB Win XP/ 4GB Vista/7Graphics: GeForce 260 1GB or (HD4850 1GB)HDD Space: 16 GBPretty reasonable considering what the engine is capable of IMO.Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/

Thanks, EskiMoe! If that's accurate (and I don't completely trust information taken from third-party sites), that's good to know.

eskiMoe said:
From the steam page of The Witcher 2:System RequirementsOS: Windows XP/VistaProcessor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or similar AMDMemory: 1 GB for Win XP / 2 GB for Win VistaGraphics: Nvidia GF 8800 512 VR or similar ATIDirectX®:Hard Drive: 8GB for game and 8GB bonus contentSound:pretty reasonable considering what the engine is capable of IMO.Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/20920/
Hmmm... are you sure this is legit? I suppose these are the absolute minimum specs, not recommended.Even so it's doubtful, if you take a look at the 'optimized' specs for TW1 here:http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10204/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MBProcessor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300Memory: 2048 MB

Steam =/= accurate reqs, even for games released a long time ago.Take it easy, wait, see what does it turn out into.

szypek26 said:
Steam =/= accurate reqs, even for games released a long time ago.Take it easy, wait, see what does it turn out into.
Thus the question mark in the topic. :) .. But I guess those requirements could be what CDPR estimates them to be at the end of the whole optimization period.. They might be different 5-6 months from now..

stanpapusa said:
Hmmm... are you sure this is legit? I suppose these are the absolute minimum specs, not recommended.Even so it's doubtful, if you take a look at the 'optimized' specs for TW1 here:http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10204/Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 512MBProcessor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300Memory: 2048 MB
You can't really compare their reqs as the first one uses NWN engine, an old and heavily modified one.

e-ahmet said:
You can't really compare their reqs as the first one uses NWN engine, an old and heavily modified one.
If I'm reading this right, you're saying the requirements might be lower this time around since the new engine is created especially for Witcher.Still, wouldn't you expect the sequel of a game (released 3.5 years after) to require quite a few more resources than the original? I'm thinking about the visual/graphics enhancements, etc.

szypek26 said:
I would have to agree better to wait and see have seen spec like this change in the pass for other games

stanpapusa said:
Still, wouldn't you expect the sequel of a game (released 3.5 years after) to require quite a few more resources than the original?
Not necesarilly. Take under your consideration fact that TW1 was (to be honest) sh_itty optimized. They can do much better in TW2. And they have their own engine - they make the engine as the want the game to be, not the opposite way.

It shows how wonderful an engine they had made. IIRC there was something similar to the RED-checked unofficial FAQ of szypek26 reqs-wise which shows the guy who checked that agrees with it. Still, it's better to wait and see, it may be higher or lower than what we know now.

i have read previews which talk about how optimized the engine is. i read so many interviews and preview articles in short period that i can no longer keep track of which one i attain information from, sorry. but i distinctly remember 2 separate articles which mention the relative smoothness of the running demo.

stanpapusa said:
If I'm reading this right, you're saying the requirements might be lower this time around since the new engine is created especially for Witcher.Still, wouldn't you expect the sequel of a game (released 3.5 years after) to require quite a few more resources than the original? I'm thinking about the visual/graphics enhancements, etc.
it only shows what lazy, greedy bastards most of other developers are.CDPR in TW1 was limited by aurora engine.now, they created their own engine and it seems it will kick ass.most other devs are too lazy to work hard, and it`s easier to say "you players will upgrade your gear anyway, so why should we work harder?"

We've got Reds posting in the polish part: the Steam reqs are temporal - it is the lowest configuration game's running fluently by now. When the optimisation will begin - we can expect reqs to drop.I was totally right. Love that :DOryginal:http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=30693.msg5452729#msg5452729

szypek26 said:
We've got Reds posting in the polish part: the Steam reqs are temporal - it is the lowest configuration game's running fluently by now. When the optimisation will begin - we can expect reqs to drop.I was totally right. Love that :DOryginal:http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=30693.msg5452729#msg5452729
Excellent! I should be able to max out the game easily and still have a framerate close to 60 I think.. And with no drm! Things just keep getting better and better.. :)

eskiMoe said:
Excellent! I should be able to max out the game easily and still have a framerate close to 60 I think.. And with no drm! Things just keep getting better and better.. :)
I still have one small worry though: with such requirements, will really TW2 be vastly superior to TW1 graphics-wise and animation-wise? Is it even going to be DX11?

stanpapusa said:
will really TW2 be vastly superior to TW1 graphics-wise and animation-wise? Is it even going to be DX11?
And does #1 have anything in common with #2? :pDX11 does not necesarilly mean that game's gonna be graphically amazing. What's more, lack of DX11 does not ensure of poor quality of graphics.What graphics is like - you can see even right now. Simply watch gameplays.In my opinion it looks great.

Top Bottom