The best king for Skellige

+
I've come to the conclusion that there is no best. Each ruler has something different to offer and the value of their qualities are entirely subjective. In the end it boils down to this.

Cerys
Democracy: Check
Unity: Check
Military Strength: Fail

Hjalmar
Democracy: Check
Unity: Fail
Military Strength: Check

Svanrige
Democracy: Fail
Unity: Check
Military Strength: Check

I see it more like:
CERYS
Unity: 8/10 (Madman Lugos is out)
Prosperity: 10/10
Military: 5/10

HJALMAR
Unity: 8/10 (Madman Lugos is out)
Prosperity: 5/10
Military: 10/10 (Constant raids)

SVANRIGE
Unity: Excellent (All Clans approve even an Craite)
Prosperity: 8/10
Military: 8/10

Cerys no doubt. The best new female character, not only the best candidate to be a king.

BUT

No Hjalmar+Ciri interaction in Kaer Morhen makes my eyes bleed. Just even no silly "hello" to Blinky's old friend.
So for the mad hardcore lorelover like me, if you have the chance to fix the holes in plot - use it.

Hjalmar "Loresavior" The King

I didn't have to think for 3 seconds between choosing Cerys and Hjalmar but I played both of their quests.

All hail the queen

She's one of my favorite characters in the game as it is and is well suited to be queen imo.

Svanrige is but a mere puppet as king with his mother pulling the strings. But you gotta give it to him, the way he butchered that Nilfgaardian down out of nowhere during negotiations was pretty badass.

Attachments

• s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 934
Last edited:
I didn't have to think for 3 seconds between choosing Cerys and Hjalmar but I played both of their quests.

All hail the queen

She's one of my favorite characters in the game as it is and is well suited to be queen imo.

Svanrige is but a mere puppet as king with his mother pulling the strings. But you gotta give it to him, the way he butchered that Nilfgaardian down out of nowhere during negotiations was pretty badass.

I don't think he was a puppet after that....

Perhaps not until the situation "cooled down" a bit after that but his mother most likely got the better of him in the long run.
Even if you help Cerys he shows that honour is more important for him than his mother. If he could sacrifice his name, mother, and basically his clan i doubt that he would listen to her.

Perhaps you two are right, he might not be that much of a bad king after all, if he keeps his mother's strings cut off. But there's no way I'd choose him over Cerys, but he does seem better suited than Hjalmar.

Last edited:
Perhaps you two are right, he might not be that much of a bad king after all, if he keeps his mother's strings cut off. But there's no way I'd choose him over Cerys, but he does seem better suited than Hjalmar.
On that I agree :) For me, Cerys is still the best choice.

Zoltan is better suited than Hjalmar. lol

Zoltan is better suited than Hjalmar. lol

Damn man, I can't get that picture outta my headxD He wearing that crown on his spiky head with his big ass ax on the back ass kicking Nilfgaardians out of SkelligexD

But Dandelion might actually be fit to be a politician/ruler of some sort, he's a good talker with good reasoning and he could even write his own ballads about himxD

I choose Hjalmar because...
When there is a battle in Kaer Morhen Cerys couldn't help Geralt in the fight, Svanringe I don't know what he does but 1 thing that I know, it's Hjalmar have an honor to help friends fighting through the battlefield no matter what it takes, even if there's a lot of blood shredded but he is kind of a guy who willing to sacrifice for his friends, family, and his people and that's the action of a true worrier king for Vikings. Imagine a friend who supports you in any situation, who will not break your promises, who will help you and walk with you through the end of the war that's kind of a guy you need, even if he's hot headed or maybe the worst choice to be a ruler at least he's loyal to his clan, and the best back up for anyone who knows him when comes to asking him for help. That's a king to me over there. TBH☺️

Top Bottom