The Crimson Curse is unleashed!

+
My first feedback to the new expansion: Please stop the mutliple consume possibility of detlaff (eg. by kayran, barbegazi). that combo is ridiculous OP. Thx

My first feedback to the new expansion: Please stop the mutliple consume possibility of detlaff (eg. by kayran, barbegazi). that combo is ridiculous OP. Thx
Lock them or kill them. If you can't well that's a bad matchup for you. Dettlaff the leader is OP tho.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Lets look closer at Crimson Curse card/ Blood Moon:

You need to sacrifice a unit, preferably a midsized one, to make the effect last many turns... which would be bad on other factions but MO has Deathwish.

Dethlaff Higher Vampire makes it last for 5 turns and immediately comes back, with 2 further charges. Katakan makes it last 6 turns, and still gives you 2x 2pt vampires.

2pt boost on each row, that is 4 pt buffs on each turn, if it lasts 5-6 turns, that is a 20-24 continuous buffs, which is impossible to deny on a vampire dethlaff deck, because they still have the leader charges to create more vampires and the buff effect happens after the bloodmoon player's turn, so if you remove all vampires on that row, he just plays another and gets buffed before its your turn again.

Weather and Yrden seem to be the best counters, or removal/ damage the vampires so the bloodmoon is denied or lasts fewer turns.
But it's still too early to make more than estimates.

(EDIT) I've played a bit more today and i found i might be giving misinformation here: today, when playing against bloodmoon, i saw the buffs happening after my turn, so what i said about the time the buffs take place was probably wrong, i apologize

Last edited:
The Lock status no longer removes other card statuses and no longer remains on cards after entering the graveyard.
Am i reading this wrong ? All of my skellige cards remains locked after entering graveyard.I am recalling them as locked and costing me to lose the game!!! What kind of stupidity is this ?

DRK3

Forum veteran
The Lock status no longer removes other card statuses and no longer remains on cards after entering the graveyard.
Am i reading this wrong ? All of my skellige cards remains locked after entering graveyard.I am recalling them as locked and costing me to lose the game!!! What kind of stupidity is this ?

Yeah, i also read that and thought - this is exactly the opposite of how it works now.

Now revived units (at least with priestesses of freya, havent tried with other revives) still come back locked.

Also, the first part of that change is correct - if you lock a resilient unit (which is what i did, so relieved...) it will still remain resilient, and probably the same for all other status. Locks just deny the card text effect.

Swim just hit 2900 points with Henselt (and the game crashed)...

Orders.

GG.
I love how Swim is abusing and exposing the bad stuff in Gwent. I hope this will show the devs the real problems. Immunity from Eredin (fixed, hooray!), orders and charges... not good for the game.

About as fixed as Witchers, Sihil, Spears and Shields. Pushing something problematic into unplayable land isn't fixing anything.
Just happy to not see Eredin's immune engines anymore! I agree that Eredin's nerf went a bit overboard. Before CC, I actually proposed that Eredin would give armor instead of immunity. Now with all the shield stuff in the game, giving one shield and a boost is indeed meagre. Perhaps give Eredin three charges to give a shield and a boost of 2 (frost shield c'mon!).

I agree with your other examples as well. On this forum, there are good proposals for the artifacts. The Witcher trio is now simply ridiculous. 24 provisions for 6 points, just because it adds a bit of thinning, not forgetting that there is a 7 provision bronze card (Arachas Venom) that could wipe their points in one turn? Wow. That tells me something about the view on consistency, RNG and "strategy game".

It's trash. Every game is just lock/remove/lock/remove/lock/remove/remove. So you get the deal you want, you win. With no thinning and no real playbooks it's just become trash. I get what they were trying to do with Svalblod, for example, but it doesn't work because it's still insanely easy remove or 'stop' units of 5 power. Just played three in a row, first time big Monsters and I had no counter, so include Yrden in my deck and - surprise surprise - face NR and then SK decks with no boosts. Every time it was just constant cards removing or locking mine before they can do anything at all. This game just makes me feel miserable.

It's unfortunately a bollock of a game that is just getting worse.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, tonight's my last night persevering with this. Remove, remove, remove, remove. What's the point? Someone explain to me what the point of this "game" is now?

Every deck is now just crafted with tonnes and tonnes of removal or lock. There's no mechanics in the game at all; all the 'rewards' from the new CC cards are based on your ability to remove a card from the board - deathwish boosts, summons, etc., etc., etc. I cannot fathom why Svalblod even exists when it's about synergies with your own cards, because everytime you damage something on your side you make it easier to remove it from the game!!

It's laughably bad.

Last edited:
I remember the times when cards were balanced in a way in which Bronzes with body could not remove other cards with one hit. This was specialty of Silvers and Golds. What the hell happened with that philosophy. Why did you had absolutely tarnished it?

Top Bottom