The lack of 3rd person view

+
Yikes, it'll probably be harder than I thought. Mirror's Edge Faith always had her head even in first person for some reasons, so doing a 3rd person mod was basically just a question of moving the camera further back afaik. Camera was still locked to her waist though, not much could be done about it.

I don't know how moddable Cyberpunk will be but in this case we would need:

1- To move the camera further back (an offset, basically). And ideally, a vertical offset too so the camera is tied to the upper part of the body.

2- To toggle the head, which happens in cars/when looking at a mirror. So that means there's a line of code somewhere which prompt the head to appear. No idea if we can trigger it on purpose or how hardwired it is tied to other systems.

Also, y'all need to prepare to deal with this kind of atrocity lol

That said, running/walking is functional enough so there's that... And the second good news is that third person is a very desired request by enough players that we should see lots of effort poured into this.
No wonder you cant see your character's hair in their shadow. Was wondering if it was a bug on my end or due to my graphics settings or not. But i guess its because the head isn't even rendered. Even though you do have a head shadow, it's just bald.

And yeah doesn't look like any great 3rd person mod will be possible. But frankly i would be fine even if it wasn't fully functional. Just being able to see my character in the game in real time every now and then is all that's needed. So that i can say "hey look, there I am." To break up the feeling of simply being a floating camera.

That's what i use 3rd person for in bethesda games a lot. When doing mundane activities, or simply walking around and checking out the sites, or when talking to people.

If we don't start whining en masse now, we will never see the third person. XD

Значок Проверено сообществом

Of course it's impossible to say what the numbers are exactly but if somehow we could poll the entire user base of people who actually purchased CP2077, I'd be willing to put money on at least 50% of those people wanting at minimum an optional third person perspective. Throw in the people who didn't buy the game because of a lack of third person (they exist and I know few) and the numbers would probably get fairly lopsided. So basically you're not alone and personally I'll keep fighting this battle till I can accept there's no hope for it.

Give the people what they want is a pretty good business model and after playing CP2077 there's no reason that I can see (granted I only play games, I don't make them) beyond taking shortcuts to not implement third person into the game and be so stubborn about forcing only first person on everyone. The melee suffers significantly because of first person only, all the cool fashion is virtually invisible and my experience of V is a floating camera and a voice...maybe that's how they came up with the name V....a floating voice.

Hoping and praying for a miracle here.

I know it's hard to implement now the games released, and i'm aware it's an artisitic/ story telling choice but can we please have a toggle for third person and first? even if in dialogue I could switch to first so I don't miss any npc movement but I really want to see my customized toon and her outfits.

I don't really play any First person games, and when I do I always toggle Third person just because i'm bad at aiming and my field of view in First is always frustratingly small. It doesnt fit the direction you guys are going and I know that but even if it was implemented for easy mode just so I can enjoy collecting outfits.

The dialogue options don't really build her personality, even when I try align her one way I have to end up saying what the game wants me to say anyway. Having third person would probably distract from the lack of range V actually has as I can present her how I want and be aware of how she looks.

If third person is a definite no, please consider adding dialogue from Npcs that comment on how your toon looks and possibly adding a shadow to the afro hair so I can see it still exists and is a part of who she is.

(yes I know V has no gender I just associate them with female because I chose my toon is female)
edit- forgot to say, i'm super proud of you guys for all your hard work especially when the game was bullied into release. please keep it up!! I love you all <3
A Third person mode should be added.

Attachments

• B283BF28-7747-444C-9513-690C21FEC0F2.jpeg
    B283BF28-7747-444C-9513-690C21FEC0F2.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 88
  • 9B8F7067-5FBB-44D2-AEEE-67CC56B84FCE.jpeg
    9B8F7067-5FBB-44D2-AEEE-67CC56B84FCE.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 2AB950CD-C8EE-44A1-BC7E-4764D0FBE973.jpeg
    2AB950CD-C8EE-44A1-BC7E-4764D0FBE973.jpeg
    587.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DEAE4978-D8E6-4B99-84BC-722C53F7D4BC.jpeg
    DEAE4978-D8E6-4B99-84BC-722C53F7D4BC.jpeg
    644.6 KB · Views: 82
Of course it's impossible to say what the numbers are exactly but if somehow we could poll the entire user base of people who actually purchased CP2077, I'd be willing to put money on at least 50% of those people wanting at minimum an optional third person perspective.

We DID poll on the forums back in 2018. Ironically the poll and thread got shut down because CDPR didn't want to hear what anyone had to say. I imagine they weren't expecting such an outcry for third-person mode, or that the votes would end up leaning so heavily in its favour.
1608011331417.png

The result was generally speaking 32% of users preferred TPP, while only 8% preferred FPP. 29% liked both but wanted FPP, 11% liked both but wanted TPP, and 5% preferred TPP but wanted FPP while 4% were unable to beat a FPP game due to motion sickness.

This being from a relatively small sample base of 290 users, but I think it's still fairly indicative of the general attitude that has been persistent throughout, and that we're even seeing now as well.

On the whole the VAST majority trended towards either wanting third-person, or being happy to compromise on having both, or at least giving people the OPTION to choose. The only people who EXCLUSIVELY wanted it their way, and their way only, was the minority FPP-only crowd.

I predict, there will be a 3rd person mod on nexus in max. 1 week.
The animation sequences for several actions however are missing, confirming that a 3rd person mode was never considered, rushed that may be this game. Also the walking/running pose doesn't look right.

And Rockstar just keeps taking the crown of the best developer ever...

well what can I say? Cdpr have said that they look up to them. They have a much longer history compared to Cdpr. And they have all the GTA installments in the world back from 97 to improve their formula in GTAV. Cyberpunk is just CDPR's 1st take and isn't even trying to be a GTA clone. The similar aspects are nothing but shallow similarities because the main focus is different.
Post automatically merged:

The animation sequences for several actions however are missing, confirming that a 3rd person mode was never considered, rushed that may be this game. Also the walking/running pose doesn't look right.

I'm actually surprised they managed to get TPP this early. They fixed and added a bunch of animations in TW3: looting, eating, drinking, combat pose, dodging, sword attacks, jogging and jogging speed transitions, halting, jumping and even taunting mid-combat.

Kinda hyped what they'll do to Cyberpunk since it's the same only improved engine. They've already fixed: mappings (esp double-tap to dodge), walking speeds on keyboard, draw distance, artificial character lighting, V's non-existent ray tracing reflection and implemented a third-person camera with an actual head?? And it's barely even a week.

Last edited:
Only way to go third person is when driving. CD Projekt stressed this was the case in order to increase immersion. I agree with this choice, it's a shame my immersion is broken almost every hour after seeing another glitch or bug.

Well, geez, I guess that means Vergil was never considered as a character for DMC5 considering the fact that he was missing several animations and actions when modders dug his code out of the game.

Or maybe the lack of animations suggests that, much like the character creation function, it was something they had already started on and then left in after the fact.

Top Bottom