The new Gameplay Trailer for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is LIVE!

+

Attachments

• hypepolice.jpg
    hypepolice.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 36
But as far as I'm concerned this is frontal-nudity kind of spoiler material an introductory trailer has no business venturing into.

Extremely presumptuous IMO. You're talking about a group of clearly untrustworthy crones, who could very easily just be trying to fuck with Geralt or spitting incorrect omens/prophecies.
I don't doubt that there could be an end with Ciri's death, but taking that single line as evidence of a "huge spoiler" is really reaching.

I do agree on the Narration though, to some extent. I would have preferred one of the better English speaking RED's (Like Damien) to have done the Narration. However both you and me must understand that this is a Trailer clearly targeted at the mainstream masses, and a very clear (Even if sterile), stereotypical as fuck, narrator style VA is definitely appropriate. I think however that the woman was just a bad choice, the Polish Narrator for example sounds much better.

Yeah, they are clearly from the same cutscenes in the game. But the point is, they wouldn't be putting those cutscenes in a trailer a month from release if they weren't representative of how those scenes look in the game. And if those cutscenes look the same then it seems likely the other scenes in the SoD trailer look the same too.

In any case, the new stuff in the gameplay trailer also looks just as good as the SoD trailer.

That lighting talk is just a cop out. The lighting in the game is as beautiful as ever. But the lighting is also highly dynamic and can look quite different from scene to scene. We have to look at the actual techniques being used. There's not a single aspect of the lighting that has been removed. The physically based materials still react beautifully to the light, there is still a dynamic day-night cycle, god rays are still present, volume-based translucency is still present, clouds still cast shadows, etc. It's the same lighting system through and through.

Moderator already confirmed that the lighting method changed. Now RED uses AO for shadowing method. But in SOD bar scene they used fake lighting. But anyway. That means RED does not use fake light to create illusion of GI. For me that fake light was better looking. At least for SOD trailer. May be they would not use this fake GI method for whole game. Or just simply they want to go for more technically accurate method. So this means that if you will find for example this SOD bar in retail version you will newer see this kind of lighting.

The same 'spoiler' has already been shown before in Downwarren footage I don't see how suddenly this is a surprise. As for the trailer, it's Rockstar style - RDR, GTA V. They pretty much defined this and I'm glad they did, it's a great trailer style. Tells you a lot about the game and doesn't fumble like you see in most unscripted trailers where even after seeing many minutes of footage you are left clueless because it's contextless and often doesn't really leave you with much to think about.

Moderator already confirmed that the lighting method changed.
:rly?:
We're still forum posters, we don't know the innards of the game.

How do you know it's not narrated by REDs? At least I don't know each of them by voice :)

Fair enough.

Let's put it this way. Every time I know for a fact a RED has narrated, he or she did a vastly superior job.

Extremely presumptuous IMO. You're talking about a group of clearly untrustworthy crones, who could very easily just be trying to fuck with Geralt or spitting incorrect omens/prophecies.
I don't doubt that there could be an end with Ciri's death, but taking that single line as evidence of a "huge spoiler" is really reaching.

I do agree on the Narration though, to some extent. I would have preferred one of the better English speaking RED's (Like Damien) to have done the Narration. However both you and me must understand that this is a Trailer clearly targeted at the mainstream masses, and a very clear (Even if sterile), stereotypical as fuck, narrator style VA is definitely appropriate. I think however that the woman was just a bad choice, the Polish Narrator for example sounds much better.

It doesn't really matter whether the crones are just playing mind games with Geralt or not. The point is just bringing up, evoking either possibility is venturing into spoiler territory, which is completely out of place in an introductory trailer. And I can't remember any similar explicit referees in the 35 min demo, but if there were, then the original one was just inconvenient while this is inconvenient and superfluous.

I don't care whether this sort of narration is of noble lineage, Rockstar style, gangman style or burritos with blue cheese style. Both copy and tone run contrary to the style of the game.

Last edited:
Moderator already confirmed that the lighting method changed. Now RED uses AO for shadowing method. But in SOD bar scene they used fake lighting. But anyway. That means RED does not use fake light to create illusion of GI. For me that fake light was better looking. At least for SOD trailer. May be they would not use this fake GI method for whole game. Or just simply they want to go for more technically accurate method. So this means that if you will find for example this SOD bar in retail version you will newer see this kind of lighting.

Link, please. Sorry, but I do not believe that the lighting has changed between the SoD trailer and new gameplay trailer. I see no evidence of that.

Ambient occlusion is a technique to add subtle shading to a scene, but it has nothing to do with the major dynamic shadows in the game. The Witcher 2 used AO and the Witcher 3 was always going to use it as well. The Sword of Destiny trailer, for example, was already using AO. The PC version of the game will have HBAO+, which is the best AO technique available.

I don't know for sure what "bar scene" you are talking about, but I know that the lighting in general is just as impressive as it ever has been. Are you talking about this scene?:

A similar scene in the new gameplay trailer looks just as good --lighting, shading, materials, shaders, geometry, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-12-20-07-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-20-07-22.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2015-04-12-20-36-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-12-20-36-35.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
:rly?:
We're still forum posters, we don't know the innards of the game.

Then i hope this is the real reason.

---------- Updated at 09:44 AM ----------

Are you talking about this scene?:

.[/QUOTE]

Yes i am talking about this scenes. Do you really cant see any difference in lighting? Watch it again in action. Because you cant see much differences from this screenshots. I do not want to talk about it any more before ultra setting.

Yes i am talking about this scenes. Do you really cant see any difference in lighting? Watch it again in action. Because you cant see much differences from this screenshots. I do not want to talk about it any more before ultra setting.

This is a discussion that has already taken place in one thread in the last two days. As a courtesy to other forum members, please do not repeat it in another.

@Psykosonikninja - the discussion is here.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-and-Artwork?p=1597120&viewfull=1#post1597120
I think you may have got a misleading view of the nature of the discussion, so I suggest you look at it there and, if you still have comments, continue in that thread.

It doesn't really matter whether the crones are just playing mind games with Geralt or not. The point is just bringing up, evoking either possibility is venturing into spoiler territory, which is completely out of place in an introductory trailer.

Half the trailer is spoilers by that logic. Almost anything shown off story-wise in a Trailer risks the possibility of someone guessing as to its context/meaning, and if they are correct then they essentially they were "spoiled". There's so much more to the plot than just a few out-of-context one liners in a Trailer and "evoking the possibility" of guessing what might happen does not actually constitute as a spoiler.
If they literally showed Ciri's death in a Trailer, that is a spoiler, that one line is absolutely not.

For anyone concerned, everything regarding possible plot points stated in this post are made up for the purpose of the point. I have no further information regarding the plot of TW3 than anyone else here on this forum.

Last edited:
Half the trailer is spoilers by that logic. Almost anything shown off story-wise in a Trailer risks the possibility of someone guessing as to its context/meaning, and if they are correct then they essentially they were "spoiled". There's so much more to the plot than just a few out-of-context one liners in a Trailer and "evoking the possibility" of guessing what might happen does not actually constitute as a spoiler.
If they literally showed Ciri's death in a Trailer, that is a spoiler, that one line is absolutely not.

For anyone concerned, everything regarding possible plot points stated in this post are made up for the purpose of the point. I have no further information regarding the plot of TW3 than anyone else here on this forum.

Not at all.

That line by the crones raises the possibility that, should Geralt find Ciri, that in itself will somehow cause or lead to her death. That's a possibility that hadn't occurred to me before. It's no small detail. It's also a terrific hypothetical plot twist I would have much preferred to have learned about in the game.

Not at all.

That line by the crones raises the possibility that, should Geralt find Ciri, that in itself will somehow cause or lead to her death. That's a possibility that hadn't occurred to me before. It's no small detail. It's also a terrific hypothetical plot twist I would have much preferred to have learned about in the game.

I find your entire train of thought on this matter utterly baffling, and I don't agree with your logic at all. We're clearly on completely different wavelengths here in regards to this, and I'm just going to leave it there.

Nothing would please me more.

But what Vigilance was trying to say is that if Ciri does die in the game and they showed that scene in the trailer, then that would be a spoiler to him. Hope that clears things up :)

that is not shown in the trailer

why would that please you!?

My god! I mean really...? My most anticipated game yet...i've never been this hyped about a game. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this game..i'm waiting this like a crazy person :D i even have a witcher countdown app on my phone... I mean come on this game is surreal...if tw3 is what it says, its the best game ever created! I could talk about tw3 all night long...im already saying...thank you cd projekt red.

Last edited:
Nothing would please me more.

You lie, we all know it. We all have seen ANIMU Reptile already!

that is not shown in the trailer

why would that please you!?

Because he now desperatly tries to hide its true self from us again, thats why he says such things.
But i know you love Cirilla Reptile, i know it!

Top Bottom