• There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wassup Team Red,

I am sure I speak for most of your fans when I say congratulations and thanks for doing an awesome job on the Witcher series. Your commitment, motivation and dedication to your fan base is clear with you most recent release of W3. We know you guys put your hearts and souls into developing these works and we appreciate that.

I know the crew at CDPR have their hands full working to turn this excellent product into a masterpiece so I wanted to be the sign post that points your attention to the thread below.

If you can kindly read the first page of the thread/forum below your highly dedicated, highly motivated fans would be greatful. Page one sums it up very well. There are some very talented people posting ideas in there.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

Thanks
Dedicated Fan

P.S. CDPR is FREAKING AWESOME.

Hey I posted this message to one of the dev. Don't know if it was the right thing to do but it's done.

Team Triss can scold me later.

Triss, Triss, Triss

Friendship and romance is arguably the main subject of the trilogy as a whole. 'Caring' for a digital character might be stigmatized by society, but that doesn't change the fact that's what these games are about, and that it has been an important factor in making these games popular.

I agree, it's all part of character development and trying to make the player care about the world that they are playing in. After all if people don't care about the characters and the world that they are playing in, what's to motivate a player to do a quest for someone, or go through with the plot?

Lets hope you didn't send it to a book purist and Yennefer/Geralt shipmate :p

Let's hope. I send it to the lead quest designer. Reading his postings he seems like he is very open minded.

I'm sry guys, I did it because the Dev responded to a thread with 18 pages but ignored ours with almost 400 pages and thousands of response and views.

I think the thing I love most about The Witcher is how strong the women are. It's one of the main reason I love Triss so much. She gets captured by Letho, Taken in by a Troll, locked away and tortured in a dungeon... Yet does she once complain? Nope! She will get her finger nails torn out for Ciri... I mean come on! Triss is the women I would love to be and I think that's why she has to be my all time favorite female character... She risks everything for what she believes in and she comes out the other end stronger... And in saying this it's also refreshing to see a character like Dandelion who actually needs the rescuing!

Let's hope. I send it to the lead quest designer. Reading his postings he seems like he is very open minded.

I'm sry guys, I did it because the Dev responded to a thread with 18 pages but ignored ours with almost 400 pages and thousands of response and views.

I'd say that's a good thing, there answer was immediate for something that's not possible like changing the Reason of State quest to something that makes sense.

I'd say that's a good thing, there answer was immediate for something that's not possible like changing the Reason of State quest to something that makes sense.

With a bit of optimism we can look at like they don't want to speak up so they don't give us any expansion spoilers.

I agree, it's all part of character development and trying to make the player care about the world that they are playing in. After all if people don't care about the characters and the world that they are playing in, what's to motivate a player to do a quest for someone, or go through with the plot?
I can only agree with that and Madora comment as I initially was a Bioware fan from the amazing Dragon Age Origin. At this time I didn't care at all about the witcher but with DA2 vs TW2 I completely change my mind almost only 'cause of the better chara design from CDPR. And it was confirm badly with DA3 vs TW3.

I really hope CDPR realize how much it's important for us and add some Triss and Geralt's Friends to our favorite game :)

Who in their right mind would want to respond to a thread of this size? I tried really hard to keep up but have missed at least half of the posts. And half of the posts I did read were Triss is better no Yen is type.

I can only agree with that and Madora comment as I initially was a Bioware fan from the amazing Dragon Age Origin. At this time I didn't care at all about the witcher but with DA2 vs TW2 I completely change my mind almost only 'cause of the better chara design from CDPR. And it was confirm badly with DA3 vs TW3.

I really hope CDPR realize how much it's important for us and add some Triss and Geralt's Friends to our favorite game :)

I'm going to try not to stray too far off topic with this but I've been thinking about why I love The Witcher more than Dragon Age. I think it's because in Dragon Age you create your own brand new character straight out of the box. You're A Grey Warden, The Champion of Kirkwall or The Inquisitor. In The Witcher you're Geralt of Rivia. You have pre-existing relationships and a history as soon as you start the game. It's alot easier to fall in love with a person if they have a history... Or at least this is my opinion. Reason again why I was sad that Geralt and Triss were broken up in the beginning of 3. I know why they did it but it made me really, really sad because a character that I'm very fond of is now gone even though I didn't want to leave her.

To me it seemed pretty obvious. You can't declare yourself in love with 2 women and expect it to go well. I was committed to Geralt being with Triss anyhow and jumped at chance to get rid of Geralt's forced flirting with Yen.

I mean, I figured it couldn't go well. I just didn't know that, that was the moment that the "something bad" was locked in. I thought there would be a chance a little bit down the way to officially pick one. The whole thing felt fishy to me. Having to choose one long before the other? I had to investigate.

Just before battle of Kaer Mohen, Triss and Yen go straight to the war room and Ciri already waiting in it. IMO, Red should put Triss, Yen and Ciri in the yard just outside the main castle, so we can talk to each of them about the battle and stuff

I agree. So you can talk with everyone - and the trigger to get the next sequence going is to interact with the map on the table or something. Those big, tense moments need some sort of personalization beforehand.

I think we shouldn't literally hate Yen for her personality. I think there will be reasons for that. At least in the books.

Sometimes it feels like she acts without thinking while Triss always has a plan.

I certainly don't hate Yen, I just don't think her and Geralt's relationship is a nurturing and supportive as his and Triss's. :p I actually rather like Yennefer's character as a whole. She's loyal and fierce and tough. And as per your other point, I feel like they both form a plan before taking action. Yennefer formulates a plan and be damned at the cost to others as long as she meets her goal. Triss seems more likely to formulate a plan and if it will cause harm to others, she will work around it. Create a new plan so to speak.

I agree, some people on the forum act like romance is just pure fanservice, but that is most obviously not the case, romance is what connects not just us to our character but for our character to connect with other characters.

100% agree. It's not about the sex, at least for me. That's just eye candy. It's about the character building and development. I like to see how the relationship adapts to the changing world around it. Reacts to it. Sadly, we didn't get much of this in the third act - the only real reaction is if you choose both. And that reaction seems out of character for both ladies. :X

i could still argue that the scenes with Triss (the party, the fountain scenes etc) were handled better than Yen's scenes but that's just my view.

You're a member of Team Triss - of course you will say that. ;) I'm kidding of course - I too feel that Triss's scenes were more heartfelt and just better overall. Then again, I'm pretty biased as well so my opinion doesn't mean a whole lot. :p

Who in their right mind would want to respond to a thread of this size? I tried really hard to keep up but have missed at least half of the posts. And half of the posts I did read were Triss is better no Yen is type.

I figure that much. The thread is so large it will be crazy to read it all so I ask him to read page 1.

I mean, I figured it couldn't go well. I just didn't know that, that was the moment that the "something bad" was locked in. I thought there would be a chance a little bit down the way to officially pick one. The whole thing felt fishy to me. Having to choose one long before the other? I had to investigate.

I agree. So you can talk with everyone - and the trigger to get the next sequence going is to interact with the map on the table or something. Those big, tense moments need some sort of personalization beforehand.

I certainly don't hate Yen, I just don't think her and Geralt's relationship is a nurturing and supportive as his and Triss's. :p I actually rather like Yennefer's character as a whole. She's loyal and fierce and tough. And as per your other point, I feel like they both form a plan before taking action. Yennefer formulates a plan and be damned at the cost to others as long as she meets her goal. Triss seems more likely to formulate a plan and if it will cause harm to others she will work around them.

Thanks sir I agree! She just tries to not let anyone gets hurt by her decisions.

God.. I love Triss! More pls..

=xE1NSTE1Nx2049;1772860

I certainly don't hate Yen, I just don't think her and Geralt's relationship is a nurturing and supportive as his and Triss's. :p I actually rather like Yennefer's character as a whole. She's loyal and fierce and tough. And as per your other point, I feel like they both form a plan before taking action. Yennefer formulates a plan and be damned at the cost to others as long as she meets her goal. Triss seems more likely to formulate a plan and if it will cause harm to others, she will work around it. Create a new plan so to speak.

100% agree. It's not about the sex, at least for me. That's just eye candy. It's about the character building and development. I like to see how the relationship adapts to the changing world around it. Reacts to it. Sadly, we didn't get much of this in the third act - the only real reaction is if you choose both. And that reaction seems out of character for both ladies. :X

I like how well written Yen is but i don't find her particularly likeable as a character. There's a casual needless hardness to her that i don't find pleasant at all. Triss is warm and beautiful but she has the edge where she'll do what needs to be done but it'll weigh upon her. There's a scene i recently played where you could see the hurt radiating off her in words and body language.

Yeah i like that CD Red craft great sex scenes but they are very much the dessert whilst the relationship is the main meal. That's why i wouldn't complain about a second helping of dessert but its the main course that's left my belly rumbling.

So, I was doing a little digging around about the fate of individual characters and stuff. Came across an interesting one. Keira Metz. Little bit of spoilers so I will tag the whole thing just in case you don't want to know. Although, if you have a brain in your head you could probably figure it out anyways.

At the end of her subplot she wants to take the mage Alexander's notes to Radovid to cure the plague. He hates witches though and you have three options. You can either send her to Kaer Morhen, let her go to Radovid, or kill her yourself. I think we all know what happens if you save her. She goes off with Lambert. If you kill her, she dies at your hands, plain and simple.

If you let her go to Radovid, is where it starts to get interesting. She dies, of course. The way that she dies though. Wow. She is impaled on a stake in the middle of Hierarch square. This triggers a side quest pretty far down the road: A Final Kindness. You receive this quest while talking to Triss about Phillipa. She claims it's terrible to leave her up in the square like that and she enlists your help to retrieve the body. I have seen the picture, seriously it's horrible and bloody and a terrible fate for anyone. I don't even want to look at the picture. :sweat: I haven't been able to find a lot of information about the quest but the guards don't want the body removed and you have to fight them while Triss deals with Keira. She gets her down and there is a scene that follows. I don't know what the scene entails, there are no videos about it and very little information. There is a thread here on the forums - I quote the only post in the thread here:

Holy shit. Geralt mentioning Radovid simply wanting to see Keira suffer as much as possible and Triss holding her corpse in the arms.

And people claim that killing her is a bad ending.

Watch out, this is not for those with a weak stomach;
http://i.imgur.com/AsCipWk.jpg

The link shows her impaled on the stake. Brutal... Terrible... I wouldn't wish this fate on my enemies... I am torn though because I would like to see how Triss reacts during this scene. It would be emotional and heavy. Her and Keira were good friends, as I understand it. They were talking in the mirror to each other sometime in the middle of the W1. What do you guys think? Should I let Keira go to Radovid when I do my next play through? I want to see the scene and the only real way for me to see it is to do it myself since nobody else seems to have any information about it. I want to get some more Triss stuff but I rather like Keira. I don't want her to die. Especially not like this. :X

I'm going to try not to stray too far off topic with this but I've been thinking about why I love The Witcher more than Dragon Age. I think it's because in Dragon Age you create your own brand new character straight out of the box. You're A Grey Warden, The Champion of Kirkwall or The Inquisitor. In The Witcher you're Geralt of Rivia. You have pre-existing relationships and a history as soon as you start the game. It's alot easier to fall in love with a person if they have a history... Or at least this is my opinion. Reason again why I was sad that Geralt and Triss were broken up in the beginning of 3. I know why they did it but it made me really, really sad because a character that I'm very fond of is now gone even though I didn't want to leave her.

Those are some good points, my view is a little more simplistic but I love all the shades of grey and very little pure evil all though it all comes together to make one atmospheric, chaotic world. I also like the characters much better, especially Dandelion and of course Triss. :)

So, I was doing a little digging around about the fate of individual characters and stuff. Came across an interesting one. Keira Metz. Little bit of spoilers so I will tag the whole thing just in case you don't want to know. Although, if you have a brain in your head you could probably figure it out anyways.

At the end of her subplot she wants to take the mage Alexander's notes to Radovid to cure the plague. He hates witches though and you have three options. You can either send her to Kaer Morhen, let her go to Radovid, or kill her yourself. I think we all know what happens if you save her. She goes off with Lambert. If you kill her, she dies at your hands, plain and simple.

If you let her go to Radovid, is where it starts to get interesting. She dies, of course. The way that she dies though. Wow. She is impaled on a stake in the middle of Hierarch square. This triggers a side quest pretty far down the road: A Final Kindness. You receive this quest while talking to Triss about Phillipa. She claims it's terrible to leave her up in the square like that and she enlists your help to retrieve the body. I have seen the picture, seriously it's horrible and bloody and a terrible fate for anyone. I don't even want to look at the picture. :sweat: I haven't been able to find a lot of information about the quest but the guards don't want the body removed and you have to fight them while Triss deals with Keira. She gets her down and there is a scene that follows. I don't know what the scene entails, there are no videos about it and very little information. There is a thread here on the forums - I quote the only post in the thread here:

The link shows her impaled on the stake. Brutal... Terrible... I wouldn't wish this fate on my enemies... I am torn though because I would like to see how Triss reacts during this scene. It would be emotional and heavy. Her and Keira were good friends, as I understand it. They were talking in the mirror to each other sometime in the middle of the W1. What do you guys think? Should I let Keira go to Radovid when I do my next play through? I want to see the scene and the only real way for me to see it is to do it myself since nobody else seems to have any information about it. I want to get some more Triss stuff but I rather like Keira. I don't want her to die. Especially not like this. :X

Yeah knew about that but don't see me letting that happen even if does result in a little extra moment of Triss.

Playing the feast at Ard Skellige.

And it's just infuriating how Geralt compliment Yen at every single opportunity even though I don't want to....
Freaking annoying.

It is annoying, but consistent with the story, as you can attribute this behavior to the Djinn spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom