The ''Waifuification'' of the Witcher 3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For every normal person, there's atleast ten people who are so called ''Triss fans''

To even suggest that CDR should stay faithful to the series they've created themselves, and not cave in to ridicilous demands, is equal to heresy in these peoples eyes.

i would guess that it is because of posts like this that people rate your thread badly, Triss fan or not...

Sorry but we are talking about a video game where choice is significant (or should be) not a book where only story matters. Dude stick with the books and stop playing video games, it's not for you :)

Hold on now, you're claiming games are not for me, while recommending me to go read the books instead of playing games because in games it's not ''only'' the story that matters, while we're discussing story-related issues with the game? I'm not quite sure you understand what you're writing yourself, but simply felt compelled to write something that clearly marks your opposition to me.

It's very sad to see people think the games and books are seperate. In case you didn't know, the games are sequels to the books, to even understand the games you need to have read the books, otherwise the Witcher will be just like a MOBA match or a Call of Duty match to you.
---------- Updated at 09:59 PM ----------

i would guess that it is because of posts like this that people rate your thread badly, Triss fan or not...
Guess away. Meanwhile I will continue making correct assessments. I didn't even know about this ''star'' feature, but I'm fairly certain such a system is not based on quality but rather quantity. So it's not so crazy to presume that the hundreds of people who've been crying on these forums for the past few weeks are the overwhelming reason this thread is rated ''low''. This thread is in opposition to their wishes, so naturally they'd downvote or whatever it's called this thread, because they want this game to be about Triss, instead of having CDR adress actual problems with the game.

Last edited:
This thread is in opposition to their wishes, so naturally they'd downvote or whatever it's called this thread, because they want this game to be about Triss, instead of having CDR adress actual problems with the game.

I was more referring at how you deal with "them", a smidge of respect while explaining your points would have helped, again, just a guess, people generally accept other's opinion on this forum, unless you happen to bash part of the community for no reason.

If you're talking through the 3 games I can't agree as I really feel a downgrade when it comes to romances in TW3.
If you're talking from the book to the games, yes I think you're right but don't know enough from the book so can't tell for sure.

Edit: Yes the game was made to get new players and you're 100% right on this part and this is why Triss, Yenn, Erendin etc fans ask for more and better content. not_important should support us, not blame us lol ;)

I'm not blaming anyone and I'm talking through the games and the books. You are right in which refers to a downgrade in romance but it's not just that. There is a downgrade in EVERYTHING. Personally, I love the politics of The Witcher 2 and this aspect in the Wicher 3 sounds me like joke. Also, the romance/sexual content is much worse than in the Witcher 2.

Personally, I respect those who are trying to change the Triss/Yenn aspect (they have my support) but for me, the aspect which needs an urgent fix it's the politics and the portrayal of character and consecuences from the previous games.

For every normal person, there's atleast ten people who are so called ''Triss fans''

To even suggest that CDR should stay faithful to the series they've created themselves, and not cave in to ridicilous demands, is equal to heresy in these peoples eyes.
Calling a big part of users "are not normal" says much about frustration and hatred. Hope some "Blue" will come here and take care of this.

It's not first time when you have offended a large part of the community, but happily your posts were deleted.

Or... stick with the books.

Last edited:
I was more referring at how you deal with "them", a smidge of respect while explaining your points would have helped, again, just a guess, people generally accept other's opinion on this forum, unless you happen to bash part of the community for no reason.
I haven't been disrespectful towards anyone. I've from my knowledge within the gaming scene for the past two decades made an educated guess as to what has happened to the Witcher fanbase, and where all these people who like Triss are coming from. It really isn't a foreign idea. People who worship ''waifus'' have for the past few decades in the western scene always jumped from game to game as new games and new female characters has been released, now they're dedicated to Triss Merigold from the Witcher games since Witcher 3 popularized her character across the mainstream audience.

---------- Updated at 10:17 PM ----------

Calling a big part of users "are not normal" says much about frustration and hatred. Hope some "Blue" will come here and take care of this.

It's not first time when you have offended a large part of the community, but happily your posts were deleted.

Or... stick with the books.

What are you talking about? I haven't called anyone ''not normal''.

I think the people who feel like they've been ''triggered'' needs to stop coming with false accusations, you can always move to a ''trigger-free'' environment on Tumblr if you feel like reading this thread, despite no-one being singled out or targeted by any deragotary comments, ''triggers'' you. I can't be held accountable for how your feelings, especially when you've neither been insulted nor even addressed.

---------- Updated at 10:21 PM ----------

Indirectly (a little more) you did this. And that was your intention, of course.

I think you're reading far too much into it. There's no point in playing victim, if you feel offended, go away. I'm not intending to offend anyone, and that comment is by no means offensive towards anyone.

It's weird, but I think many people at CDPR are actually loving Mass Effect and Dragon Age. And they probably already loved it before they even started with TW3. And there is nothing wrong with that...

Are all the mods already sleeping? Or why is this thread still open? The whole thread looks like text book flamebaiting to me...

I think you're reading far too much into it. There's no point in playing victim, if you feel offended, go away. I'm not intending to offend anyone, and that comment is by no means offensive towards anyone.

What was her name again? Trisc Merryglod? I don't know, some nobody.
Looks like for CDPR and for Andrzej Sapkowski, Triss is not "nobody". That's why she's mentioned in books and we have two wonderful games where is the main character (except Geralt).

So...

It's weird, but I think many people at CDPR are actually loving Mass Effect and Dragon Age. And they probably already loved it before they even started with TW3. And there is nothing wrong with that...

Are all the mods already sleeping? Or why is this thread still open? The whole thread looks like text book flamebaiting to me...
This is the reason why the CDR forums are looked down upon. Just because someone doesn't agree with the Triss inquisition, doesn't mean the thread should be locked. Just because you ''feel'' something, doesn't mean the thread was intended to make you ''feel'' that way.

If you get ''triggered'' by anything, then the people who wrote the things that ''triggered'' you, cannot be held accountable for you getting triggered. If you feel like this thread is ''too much'' for you, then simply leave, it's that simple. This thread exists to explain why CDR is catering to the people who worship Triss, and why we should not expect them to care about fixing issues with the game, and instead expect them to even start removing content from the game in order to accomadate for the people who demand a ''waifuification'' of the Witcher 3.

There is nothing ''flamebait''y about this thread, unless you interpret it as such, and that's your problem, not mine.

---------- Updated at 10:36 PM ----------

Looks like for CDPR and for Andrzej Sapkowski, Triss is not "nobody". That's why she's mentioned in books and we have two wonderful games where is the main character (except Geralt).

So...

I see you didn't understand my post, that's okay, I will use simpler words so you can understand.

In the WItcher universe, there are human beings, elves, dwarves, etc. . These people know some stuff, other people may not know the same things, some people may know alot of stuff! While there may be some people who barely know anything!

One of the things alot of people know about, is the relationship between the famous individuals called Geralt of Rivia and Yennefer of Vengerberg. And someone most people don't know about, is the individual called Triss Merigold.

To then demand that CDR change the in-game universe so suddenly everyone knows about Triss Merigold, is to go against the internal logic of the Witcher universe. This is why I'm using the word ''waifu''. If you people were actual fans of the Witcher series, you wouldn't make suggestions which contradict the internal logic of the Witcher universe, but since you are, in order to benefit a single character, that means the focus of your suggestion is not to improve the Witcher universe, but to increase the content including the character Triss Merigold.

Do you understand now?

Hold on now, you're claiming games are not for me, while recommending me to go read the books instead of playing games because in games it's not ''only'' the story that matters, while we're discussing story-related issues with the game? I'm not quite sure you understand what you're writing yourself, but simply felt compelled to write something that clearly marks your opposition to me.

It's very sad to see people think the games and books are seperate. In case you didn't know, the games are sequels to the books, to even understand the games you need to have read the books, otherwise the Witcher will be just like a MOBA match or a Call of Duty match to you.
---------- Updated at 09:59 PM ----------

No it's sad to see people who think that, because they read the books, CDPR should have stick with Yenn and think it could have done a better game.

If you can't understand that Books and Video Games are two different things I'm sorry for you because Sapkowski did:
""The game - with all due respect to it, but let's finally say it openly - is not an 'alternative version', nor a sequel. The game is a free adaptation containing elements of my work; an adaptation created by different authors," he noted. "Adaptations - although they can in a way relate to the story told in the books - can never aspire to the role of a follow-up. They can never add prologues nor prequels, let alone epilogues and sequels. "

People if this thread offends you simply just leave don't expect mods to lock down threads that trigger you. But we all know you wont leave cause you want to fight this guy so this glorious thread will go one for hundred pages and I will be here eating my popcorn .

No it's sad to see people who think that, because they read the books, CDPR should have stick with Yenn and think it could have done a better game.

If you can't understand that Books and Video Games are two different things I'm sorry for you because Sapkowski did:
""The game - with all due respect to it, but let's finally say it openly - is not an 'alternative version', nor a sequel. The game is a free adaptation containing elements of my work; an adaptation created by different authors," he noted. "Adaptations - although they can in a way relate to the story told in the books - can never aspire to the role of a follow-up. They can never add prologues nor prequels, let alone epilogues and sequels. "

Well I guess your post says everything I need to know.
Please don't reply further because you don't seem to know anything.

On the odd chance that you might understand:
The books are canon to the games
The games are not canon to the books.
The games are sequels to the books, beacuse the books are canon to the games.
The books are not prequels to the games, because the games are not canon to the books.

So yes, not reading the books means you will not understand the games, it's very simple. You can't possibly understand Geralts relationship with Dijsktra for example if you don't carry the knowledge from the books, and that's just a minor detail.

Last edited:
The Witcher games are an interactive fan-fiction series, for fuck's sake, let CDPR deal with their project the way they want to, this isn't Sapkowski's project, nor yours, I feel like reading a game dev wannabe...

Last edited:
This is the reason why the CDR forums are looked down upon. Just because someone doesn't agree with the Triss inquisition, doesn't mean the thread should be locked.
You know what? When you actually try to talk WITH people instead of talking ABOUT them it often works better. I had some pretty nice and serious conversations with the "Triss inquisition" although I'm not known as their biggest supporter... ;)

There is nothing ''flamebait''y about this thread, unless you interpret it as such, and that's your problem, not mine.

You write about people (not topics) and how you think they are and what they do (called judging) on this forum in your first post already. That's textbook flamebaiting. This thread has no point to exist in the first play if you ask me. If you're afraid that that they could cut Yennefer content from the game you could have just send them a mail asking so. I'm sure they would have answered you. But you wanted to start a "counter-inquisition" yourself instead, as if you were the advocat of some higher cause or something. You're not even an experienced member of this forum...

And looking down upon the forum? You have 38 posts here with all except one on this very thread since yesterday. It's not like you're the most experienced and oldest member of this forum. Actually, you started your "career" here with a fight. But yeah, it's so not flamebaiting... :p

Last edited:
You know what? When you actually try to talk WITH people instead of talking ABOUT them it often works better. I had some pretty nice and serious conversations with the Triss inquisition" although I'm not known as their biggest supporter... ;)

You write about people (not topics) and how you think they are and what they do (called judging) on this forum in your first post already. That's textbook flamebaiting. This thread has no point to exist in the first play if you ask me. If you're afraid that that they could cut Yennefer content from the game you could have just send them a mail asking so. I'm sure they would have answered you. But you wanted to start a "counter-inquisition" yourself instead, as if you were the advocat of some higher cause or something. You're not even an experienced member of this forum...

You can think whatever you want.

It's not true, but it's up to you.

Even the Witcher 1 had a pick Triss/Shani thing which fans obsessed over. Really this whole "CDPR used to be different from Bioware but now they are just like BIoware" is based on an idea of CDPR that never existed. They were always a little bit like Bioware.

The Witcher games are an interactive fan-fiction series, for fuck's sake, let CDPR deal with their project the way they want to, this isn't Sapkowski's project, nor yours, I feel like reading a game dev wannabe...

Is it really absurd of fans of the series to expect that the developers fix issues with the game instead of deciding to remove and add content that contradict the in-game universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom