The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The missing blood splatters on the floor are really damaging the immersion....

Especially here

View attachment 13584

I think the blood looks strange in general, like red scraps of paper. Also, the sandy ground and the sky look kind of weird to me...

Attachments

• Rageandsteel.jpg
    Rageandsteel.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 59
The funny thing is the game used to have the effects and then allegedly taken out by the devs (or maybe it's really a bug) for some reasons. Had the game not shown any blood splatter effect before, I think less people will complain about it

The latest trailer was a bit underwhelming visually to me honest. I feel I have seen it looking better in many of the recent screenshots and gameplay videos, just look at the close up of Geralt's medallion and armor.

The end part of Ciri was badass though and I did like this shot

As it reminded me of this

I'm sure it's a matter of youtube compresion and lightning conditions... I like the second one better ==' I think it's a reason why most of gaming websites still shows those older screens instead of some of the recent ones.

If people want to do the comparisons, could you at least pick up the uncompressed version and use that please? Posting a highly-compressed Youtube sceenshot next to a screenshot taken straight from the game isn't a comparison of visuals in a game, it's a demonstration of Youtube compression and the differences between video and still images.

Well, splattered blood on sand won't be very different of water. The liquid quickly keep wrapped by a thin film of soil material, often disappearing from our sight.. Blood on snow or ice is more visual claimiming. And on an artificial ground, obviously it not disappear so quickly :p In pitcures of war the blood has had its time for spreading around the wound, and even then it's usually more seen on the bodies than on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom