The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sand could not look worse

Hyperbole much? It could look like this.

Well It's just that these recent ps4 trailers and this blood and steel trailer seem to be getting negative responses. Some of which, regarding blood, water, draw distance, mapping, and tessellation and foliage I agree with to some extent.

So I think it would be hilarious and awesome if the "true" final build shown in the launch trailer is way better than any of this recent preview footage or anything.

Well It's just that these recent ps4 trailers and this blood and steel trailer seem to be getting negative responses.
The ps4 trailers looked great, that's why the downgrade discussion started right after them. Because people couldn't see much of a difference between the ps4 and pc ultra footage. Though it's hard to judge beacuse of the bad youtube quality of the ps4 gameplay.

Yeah, so Ard still isn't effecting the water like it used to, and there seems to be absolutely no mist around the mountains anymore, something which has been around since Skyrim. This is getting better and better.......

Actually there might have been mist in one frame, but it was too quick for me to be sure...

Last edited:
So I think it would be hilarious and awesome if the "true" final build shown in the launch trailer is way better than any of this recent preview footage or anything.
I think we have been lying to ourselves too long. IMO there is no much better final build, no some secret ultra options and no easy modding tools to fix those things. The improvement can come only from CDPR if they see what we write here and care. This one day patch could for example fix some of those wall edge flatness that we complain recently etc.

Last edited:
why can't they just give us the sharpening filter as a graphical option. It's clearly a stylized design choice but honestly.... it looks so much better with that filter in my opinion.

It isn't so much of a filter as it is that the textures are sharper and there is tessellation. Without it, it looks like a flat texture.

---------- Updated at 05:14 PM ----------

Now the facebook page is saying that we actually haven't seen ultra or something? 0.O https://www.facebook.com/DEthewitcher/posts/692085600919698

Just look at the replies.

"Das sind ja komplett unterschiedliche Versionen und Settings."

"They're so completely different versions and settings."

It isn't so much of a filter as it is that the textures are sharper and there is tessellation. Without it, it looks like a flat texture.

It's a filter - you can notice it on the character models and those never used tessellation. Quite a few people disliked the sharpening filter, so it looks like the devs responded to that feedback.

I've been sitting here quietly lurking this whole time. And in the back of my mind I keep remembering the devs saying Ultra PC visuals won't be revealed until launch-- which has kept me quiet. It was the deluge of youtubers who visited CDPR and released footage (and some loudly proclaiming the visuals to be Ultra settings) that things really spiraled. I guess, what I'm saying is-- noting haha. Still waiting g for the other shoe to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom