The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt OST

+
I found some nice songs:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu_eISZC8dg[/media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2OMPT29qo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flpA7MVYbXE

You guys shouldn't worry... The soundtracks used for the trailers are trailer soundtrack (what I mean is that they are "bombastic" for a purpose, they are not supposed to be heard while Geralt walks in Novigrad's streets)^^
Listen to the audio of the 45min presentation, the soundtracks used are really good, more like those of TW2 when needed, and more like those of TW1 when needed too.^^

Viziman7 said:
You guys shouldn't worry... The soundtracks used for the trailers are trailer soundtrack (what I mean is that they are "bombastic" for a purpose, they are not supposed to be heard while Geralt walks in Novigrad's streets)^^
Listen to the audio of the 45min presentation, the soundtracks used are really good, more like those of TW2 when needed, and more like those of TW1 when needed too.^^

If bombastic music plays while Geralt walks around the city...I am imagining scenes where everyone on the street is looking at Geralt, and he's walking in the middle of the street like the badass he is...suddenly he stops, music stops, new music starts, intensifies, Geralt takes out an Afro and wears it, then takes off his armour to reveal red shoes, white bellbottom pants and sparkling cyanish-blue shirt raises his finger in the air diagonally then brings it down to his opposite pocket then raises it up again and starts singing, "Ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive!"

sidspyker said:
If bombastic music plays while Geralt walks around the city...I am imagining scenes where everyone on the street is looking at Geralt, and he's walking in the middle of the street like the badass he is...suddenly he stops, music stops, new music starts, intensifies, Geralt takes out an Afro and wears it, then takes off his armour to reveal red shoes, white bellbottom pants and sparkling cyanish-blue shirt raises his finger in the air diagonally then brings it down to his opposite pocket then raises it up again and starts singing, "Ah ah ah ah stayin' alive, stayin' alive!"

Ahahaa loved that

Kodaemon said:
Damn shame, that. As it is, the music seems to be the weakest part of TW3, and weakest in the series.

Woah woah now hold yer horses. We have barely heard much.
There was Ice Giant theme.
Tavern music
And the music used in the first trailer with was a remix.

And there was this music that they used in their Beginning video don't think that counts as game music.

Kodaemon said:
Damn shame, that. As it is, the music seems to be the weakest part of TW3, and weakest in the series.

Sorry, but
1. That is your taste.^^ (you can say you don't like it, not that it is weak (don't take it personnaly, a lot of people make this mistake)
2. We barely heard anything yet, hope you did not make your opinion on trailer music at least. (listen to the leaked audio presentations if you want to hear the soundtrack).

Sure, it's an opinion. Not claiming this as fact (keyword in the previous post: seems. I really dislike the whole approach of getting musical inspiration from movies.

Agent_Blue

ViZ7 said:
Sorry, but
1. That is your taste.^^ (you can say you don't like it, not that it is weak (don't take it personnaly, a lot of people make this mistake)
2. We barely heard anything yet, hope you did not make your opinion on trailer music at least. (listen to the leaked audio presentations if you want to hear the soundtrack).

I agree we've listened to far too little to pass an educated opinion. I also agree there's a distinction to be made between personal taste and critical take - for example, I never cared for Tom Waits' music and yet wouldn't dream of saying it's poor.

However, you don't know if Kodaemon meant, say, the music was badly written, not structurally sound, melodically, harmonically or rhythmically ill-conceived.

I didnt like what i heard so far, but i have the feeling we'll be pleasantly surprised once we get to hear most of the OST.

I fucking love the soundtrack from the 'The Beginning' trailer, so I'm not worrying too much about the soundtrack.

A damn shame! The Witcher 1 music played quite a heavy role on the gaming experience. Games with bad soundtracks can easily ruin the mood. Music is very important.

Top Bottom