The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
I have;

CPU: i7 5960x 3.0 mhz 8 Core 20mb cache. 2011 v3 socket.

Mainboard: ASUS Rampage V Extreme Intel X99 Soket 2011V3 8 Slot DDR4 3000Mhz.

Graphic Card: Evga GTX980 Classified ACX 2.0 GDDR5 4GB 256Bit DX12 Nvidia.

Memory: GSKILL 16GB (4x4GB) Ripjaws4 Red DDR4 3000MHz CL15 1.35V Ouad Kit Ram.

Waiting the new Nvidia 980 ti cards, if not released at witcher 3 launch I will buy another 980 for max everthing.

I have;

Waiting the new Nvidia 980 ti cards, if not released at witcher 3 launch I will buy another 980 for max everthing.

Am I in bragging thread?

I have;

I doubt you will be able to even run it on low/medium settings. Sorry bro.

lol, than I will play it on my Ps4 :D
That fur tech scares me, I hope 2 way or 3 way SLI gives me 60+ fps. Have also also 27'inc Asus g-synch monitor.

>>>>>people everywhere you go and here are searching for the rig to max out . we know it's on optimization right know and the content of it will be lock rougly one month before release ( time to print the game , packaging ect ) after we will have as usual a day one patch with the content the team work on the last month before release ( always like this and normal for video game ) and i think with pc like gabriel79 speak about you could play it on ultra ( what resolution i don't advance myself if say any thing it will be pure speculation) but without hair teck ( fur teck) and uber sampling that are two of the the most demanding PC techniques.
>>>>>See if what i say would be true in 3 month right after the release as usual we ll see fan made video on youtube with fps and ect ( lab teck demo) of the game.
>>>>>To run the game at max out with 60 more fps with all option active i think the GPU Don't exist right now ( perhaps multi gpu rig ) because of uber sampling and fur teck

Last edited:
Hello everyone

I was thinking about upgrade my pc just to be able to play this game at least in a stable High configuration (Ultra is beyond my money possibilites)

- i7 4790k -4.0ghz
- Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
- 16 GB RAM

Could this configuration give to me what I'm looking for?

Hello everyone

I was thinking about upgrade my pc just to be able to play this game at least in a stable High configuration (Ultra is beyond my money possibilites)

- i7 4790k -4.0ghz
- Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
- 16 GB RAM

I don't get what people see in 4790k for gaming when a lot cheaper 4690k does the same? I know it has HT and theoreticly can be better in very high multithreading applications. But in gaming we don;t have anything like that and probably won't have anytime soon.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8227/devils-canyon-review-intel-core-i7-4790k-and-i5-4690k/5

I don't get what people see in 4790k for gaming when a lot cheaper 4690k does the same? I know it has HT and theoreticly can be better in very high multithreading applications. But in gaming we don;t have anything like that and probably won't have anytime soon.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8227/devils-canyon-review-intel-core-i7-4790k-and-i5-4690k/5

Even an i5 is good for gaming. What makes the difference is the GPU. It's a waste of money investing so much on the Processor, but that's me..

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeimus View Post
Hello everyone

- i7 4790k -4.0ghz
- Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
- 16 GB RAM

with your rig you're above the recommended so with what you want you 'll be fine perhaps more than you think

Last edited:
If i could play High + PhysX Hairworks. il be more then happy. Preorder the PS4 verison aswell.

i7 3770K 3,5 @ 4.3GHZ
16GB DDR3 1600mhz
2 x SSD raid 0
ASUS GTX980 Strix OC

Last edited:
Nvidia sli appropriate support petition and pc optimization

I am a big fan of the saga, i finished the Witcher 1 and Witcher 2... and i have to say that de best mix of the this games is WILD HUNT, Witcher 1 had the heart of RPG, and Witcher 2 the Awesome Graphics and good Fighting moves, for Witcher 3 i will pay to my last oren, this one will be awesome!, is the only reason that i have a couple of 680 gtx... i really don´t want to buy a 980 gtx because it is very expensive here in Mexico, i preffer to buy Special Edition of TW3.

i am concerned about for the PC optimization, in a last news the devs say that we can to run at 1080p 30fps with mid/high settings with recomended specs, i hope this with anti-aliasing on (i don´t know), the point is a petition for you CD Projek Red to make this one a new standard of the machines, that we can to play worthily regardless the PC that we have (almost to 600 series), if you polish this game appropriate with SLI profiles i will very grateful to the eternity.

I don't think you'll have to worry about SLI optimization. Witcher 3 is a Gameworks title, and I can't think of any Gameworks title that did not have an SLI profile at launch..

The only issue I can see is, that the GTX 680 may have issues with VRAM, unless you have the 4GB model. 2GB is the absolute minimum these days, and in a game as large and expansive as the Witcher 3, it may lead to stuttering and hitching.

We really don't know what demand the game will put on VRAM yet, so I'm not sure dismissing 2GB as inadequate isn't premature. We really need more information on resource requirements, and trying to nail these down while the crew is heads-down trying to do optimization is difficult.

I don't think you'll have to worry about SLI optimization. Witcher 3 is a Gameworks title, and I can't think of any Gameworks title that did not have an SLI profile at launch..

The only issue I can see is, that the GTX 680 may have issues with VRAM, unless you have the 4GB model. 2GB is the absolute minimum these days, and in a game as large and expansive as the Witcher 3, it may lead to stuttering and hitching.

are 2GB VRAM =(, i hope you have not reason xD, i can´t wait to may 19 really i want to test this game right now!
i have a i5 3570k to 4.5ghz overclocked i hope this one helpme a bit =P

I am a big fan of the saga, i finished the Witcher 1 and Witcher 2... and i have to say that de best mix of the this games is WILD HUNT, Witcher 1 had the heart of RPG, and Witcher 2 the Awesome Graphics and good Fighting moves, for Witcher 3 i will pay to my last oren, this one will be awesome!, is the only reason that i have a couple of 680 gtx... i really don´t want to buy a 980 gtx because it is very expensive here in Mexico, i preffer to buy Special Edition of TW3.

i am concerned about for the PC optimization, in a last news the devs say that we can to run at 1080p 30fps with mid/high settings with recomended specs, i hope this with anti-aliasing on (i don´t know), the point is a petition for you CD Projek Red to make this one a new standard of the machines, that we can to play worthily regardless the PC that we have (almost to 600 series), if you polish this game appropriate with SLI profiles i will very grateful to the eternity.

actually,most games are SLI compatibles...considering the fact that the witcher 3 is a huge game this year,it will be optimized for multi gpu systems

We really don't know what demand the game will put on VRAM yet, so I'm not sure dismissing 2GB as inadequate isn't premature. We really need more information on resource requirements, and trying to nail these down while the crew is heads-down trying to do optimization is difficult.

I don't think I dismissed 2GB as inadequate, I only said it might be problematic. I came to this based on the performance of other large open/semi-open world games like the Witcher 3. AC Unity, Dying Light, and Dragon Age Inquisition for instance..

I've noticed that recent DX11 games have a tendency to use as much VRAM as possible for caching textures, shaders etcetera.. And thats a good idea, because it reduces memory management overhead significantly.. But the flipside is of course, that VRAM is more important than ever..

If the Red Engine 3 is well programmed for PC architecture though, it's conceivable that 2GB may be completely fine. Theoretically speaking, a 2GB GTX 680 should still be able to use the highest quality textures, because on PC, the textures reside in both VRAM and system memory and most gaming PCs have at least 6GB to 8GB of RAM these days..

So even if the 2GB of VRAM isn't enough, the system RAM will buffer it and swap in textures on a need basis. But of course, some engines are more efficient at this process than others. From my experience, CryEngine is extremely efficient at memory management, and so is Frostbite 3. Unreal Engine 3 can also be very good, depending on implementation..

The worst engines for PC are made by Ubisoft. The Disrupt Engine used in Watch Dogs was absolutely terrible, and whilst the AnvilNext engine used in AC Unity is far superior to the Disrupt Engine, it's not in the same class as the elite tier from CryTech, Dice and Epic..

I have faith in CDPR, that their Red Engine 3 will be optimized very well for PC memory architecture, as they're primarily a PC developer unlike Ubisoft which focuses on consoles.

---------- Updated at 02:28 AM ----------

are 2GB VRAM =(, i hope you have not reason xD, i can´t wait to may 19 really i want to test this game right now!
i have a i5 3570k to 4.5ghz overclocked i hope this one helpme a bit =P

CPU wise, you're definitely good ;)

If i do not remember bad, CDPR has a team of engineers for the Red engine, and since the company has work main in PC so many years, i do not have doubts about this, the Red Engine 3 will be fucking awesome

Hi I was wondering if my computer specs will be able to play The Witcher 3 in high/ultra settings 30/60fps?
Thanks you for any suggestions :)

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5GHz
GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX980-DC2OC-4GD5
RAM: Kingston Beast XMP 32GB DDR3, 2400 Mhz
HDD: 2 x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB (SH103S3/120G)
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB, 64MB, SATAIII, 7200rpm (WD1003FZEX)

Top Bottom