The Witcher 3 Wishlist

+
I wish CDPR will either cut out the floating names above the heads of all npc towns folk, and the prompt button icons to talk, loot, search or open doors etc..
At the very least, let us turn all that ugly screen shit off. I have always disliked that since I played the first god of war game on ps1. And to see all these games doing the same old song and dance still fucking sucks. If a gamer cannot remember how to loot or open a door, and search all with the same button after one tutorial then maybe you are my mom. Or you have not played a video game since Atari came out and should not be playing this game if you cant even figure how to move your avatar with the left stick and the right stick just like my mom. CDPR stop making redundant video game prompts for my mom because she will never play this awesome game. I feel the very best solution to this is.. to have some kind of controller diagram for the noobs in the in game menus option, if for some strange reason they forgot what button to push just to talk or open a door. Please Turn Alzheimer's Mode Off. Now that I'm beating a dead horse, thank you and good night ;)
p.s. I love you mom

Last edited:
Hmm? No to going back to early, random locations or places you haven't been before?

I think its waste of space. end game always forces players to stay in one part of the world. Only because they provide the quests or story. no reason for going back to those older locations like caves or other POI. It would be nice if we could.. its just idea for side quest generator.
You don't have to do it. But it's always good to have options.

I think mine (and possibly his) main problem with it is that it would be too generic and not really a memorable quest if it was randomly generated like that. Skyrim had several quest lines like that where no matter how many times you did it there was always another randomly generated quest. Sure they had you got to a different place, but all of those quests felt like I was just doing the same quest over and over. I just felt like a chore to me and took away that sense of actually accomplishing something in the game.

I would prefer challenges like RDR or something like that, but I agree that we need something to on NG plus, that is if they allow it, which I really hope they do.

Radiant quests have always pissed me off because they're so damn boring and simple. If there are 50 hours of side quests then I can only assume that the main quests factor into which side quests become available. I wouldn't be surprised however if the main quest made you go back and forth to places.

Here's mine:
Would love to see special and random events encounter when travelling within worlds and cities.
Also, it would be sweet to have more physical impact when Geralt deal damage on enemies, like wounds or even dismember big monster in a fight to gain advantage.
Lastly, hopefully enemy have some sort of behaviors like showing emotional distress or go crazy during different situations to make fights more immerssive and brutal.

No please, no auto generated quests. I'd rather have well thought out handcrafted quests than autogen crappy ones.
Quality over quantity.

They will have hand written quests for sure but I think of casual players who after finishing the story won’t start NG+ and when everything is done they uninstall the game or sell the Blu-ray. What you finish all quest there wont be much to do.

It could sound a little generic but you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to.. it would not affect the main game it’s just something that could be enabled in particular city after you finish all the quest in the area for example not before that. Perhaps different part of the world could have different type of quests or rewards etc. make it more colourful and it won’t be so generic.

Some of us don’t mind a little generic questing as longest its just a little and it isn’t forced on the player.

Hopefully some of the endings wont really end a game so people can still explore the world to slay monsters. Also the auto generated quests should also include auto generated prostitutes so people can collect unlimited cards this time

I wish... for every sword swing, hit or sign cast and block from Geralt to vibrate my XBOXONE/PS4 controller. From very subtle vibrations to extreem blocks or cutting vibrations. I feel it is a must and very important if I am going to play this game. But for those who don't like it for some strange reason, give them the option to turn it on or off if you have to. It's a win/win ;)

Last edited:
- the ability to visit all 3 witchers school would be cool if there is a way to visit nilfgaard maybe the viper school will also be available for a visit...
- they should implement the same system for books like in the witcher 1, like when you read this book or scroll it is already marked as read, i don't see that on the witcher 2 game....
- a moment for the player to setup geralt like drink potions or use oil before boss battles, cause some of the boss battles in witcher 2 don't give you this chance, or maybe they should like give a big room during boss battles so the player/geralt could run for a while go to a hide spot drink potions and fight again....
- more of lambert, eskel and vesemir...
- ability to like renovate or upgrade kaer morhen or any other castles or home where your friends or ally would stay
- shashashashani....
- can i also please kill radovid.... (i really hate that punk!) :D
- hopefully ciri will now be seen...

Continuing from the Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter thread, since I do not want to go off-topic any further.

well, that doesnt mean those who are not very social, live in the streets, is it?

You're using the same argument you used in this wishlist thread, well, guess what? Witchers might spend the night in an abandoned building or even on the streets or a field somewhere, if they don't have enough orens for a room at the inn or a friend in town. Look at the state Kaer Morhen is in (the closest thing the witchers of the wolf school have, that they might call "home"), and they only visit it when they really have to. Witchers are poor, they simply cannot own a home, even if they wanted to (although it wouldn't make sense with their profession and all).

People unfamiliar with the previous games and it's lore(or for some reason refuse to understand): things in the game have to make SENSE. The Witcher games are story-driven, sure CDPR have creative control, but they understand that they have to stay true to the books, and have said time and time again that they are. So if that's the case, Geralt WILL NOT be dual wielding his swords, own a house, use bows, have homosexual tendencies, etc. And CDPR DOES NOT want a Skyrim clone, that means no random generated fetch quests and the sort. These games are all about hand crafted quests, made with care, like a game should be.

Now, for people saying "oh, but you don't have to do any of these things if they do not suit you, they're optional", what they fail to understand is that these things, while optional, take time and resources to make. I would much rather want CDPR to spend their time making things that fit the game setting, systems that make sense for the game and that work properly, instead of focusing resources on making a functional bow system or housing system.

If you want Skyrim that bad, go play Skyrim.

Last edited:
Continuing from the Release Date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – An Open Letter thread, since I do not want to go off-topic any further.

You're using the same argument you used in this wishlist thread, well, guess what? Witchers might spend the night in an abandoned building or even on the streets or a field somewhere, if they don't have enough orens for a room at the inn or a friend in town. Look at the state Kaer Morhen is in (the closest thing the witchers of the wolf school have, that they might call "home"), and they only visit it when they really have to. Witchers are poor, they simply cannot own a home, even if they wanted to (although it wouldn't make sense with their profession and all).

People unfamiliar with the previous games and it's lore(or for some reason refuse to understand): things in the game have to make SENSE. The Witcher games are story-driven, sure CDPR have creative control, but they understand that they have to stay true to the books, and have said time and time again that they are. So if that's the case, Geralt WILL NOT be dual wielding his swords, own a house, use bows, have homosexual tendencies, etc. And CDPR DOES NOT want a Skyrim clone, that means no random generated fetch quests and the sort. These games are all about hand crafted quests, made with care, like a game should be.

Now, for people saying "oh, but you don't have to do any of these things if they do not suit you, they're optional", what they fail to understand is that these things, while optional, take time and resources to make. I would much rather want CDPR to spend their time making things that fit the game setting, systems that make sense for the game and that work properly, instead of focusing resources on making a functional bow system or housing system.

If you want Skyrim that bad, go play Skyrim.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

*stands up and slow claps*

So I keep playing TW2. And I wish for there to be a First Person View only to zoom in and look at people or stuff up close. I DO NOT want a first person view game play option at all. Examples.. when I am talking to an NPC, I want to click down my right stick and zoom in with the camera to see who I am talking to up close before I plow them. jk jk lol.. Or.. lets say I am walking around TW3 world. and I stop walking or I halt my horse, because I want to pause for a moment just to take in the view of my surroundings. So I click the right stick down and now I can see the world through Geralts eye's.. up, down, left, right etc.. But Only when Geralt is idle in his tracks. Then click the right stick down again so I can move around again and enjoy the 3rd person view of this game as it is meant to be played.

So I keep playing TW2. And I wish for there to be a First Person View only to zoom in and look at people or stuff up close. I DO NOT want a first person view game play option at all. Examples.. when I am talking to an NPC, I want to click down my right stick and zoom in with the camera to see who I am talking to up close before I plow them. jk jk lol.. Or.. lets say I am walking around TW3 world. and I stop walking or I halt my horse, because I want to pause for a moment just to take in the view of my surroundings. So I click the right stick down and now I can see the world through Geralts eye's.. up, down, left, right etc.. But Only when Geralt is idle in his tracks. Then click the right stick down again so I can move around again and enjoy the 3rd person view of this game as it is meant to be played.

YES YES YES!!
I imagine you mean just like in every Zelda game, if you wanted a better view on some inscription on a wall or whatever you'd just zoom in.

YES YES YES!!
I imagine you mean just like in every Zelda game, if you wanted a better view on some inscription on a wall or whatever you'd just zoom in.

YES YES YES!! I Wish CDPR could add this simple little detail the TW3 game for an over all better experience.

Top Bottom