The Witcher books (NO SPOILERS)

+
Isn't Season of Storms officially translated into English already? Not sure but in UK you can buy the book without any problem (not sure how it is in US)

Im not in the US. and no sadly its not officially translated yet. they have yet to translate the other books from the saga as well before working on that. I mean The Swallow's Tower will be released officially in english in 2016, then there is Lady of the Lake, and then this. if they even decide to work on it.

There are 8 books in total, and this is the order you should read them in. You can get fan translations for the books that aren't officially translated here on this forum.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/16494-Our-Community-Fan-Translations

1. The Last Wish
2. The Sword of Destiny
3. Blood of Elves
4. Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire
6. The Swallow's Tower (Official translation unavailable, fan translation available)
7. The Lady of the Lake (Official translation unavailable, fan translation available)
8. Season of Storms (Official translation unavailable, fan translation in progress)

Is this the official order from book 1 to 8? Because I was about to read 1 (The Last Wish) straight into 4 (Time of Contempt). If so thanks in advance. I need to get The Sword of Destiny and the rest of these stat. I also got paid this week, Wooh!

Im not in the US. and no sadly its not officially translated yet. they have yet to translate the other books from the saga as well before working on that. I mean The Swallow's Tower will be released officially in english in 2016, then there is Lady of the Lake, and then this. if they even decide to work on it.

You are right sorry I've mis-read - I was talking about Sword of Destiny :D

You are right Season of Storms isn't officially translated into English and I guess it will be after The Lady of The Lake which is planned to be released in 2017 :(

---------- Updated at 08:20 AM ----------

Is this the official order from book 1 to 8? Because I was about to read 1 (The Last Wish) straight into 4 (Time of Contempt). If so thanks in advance. I need to get The Sword of Destiny and the rest of these stat. I also got paid this week, Wooh!

Yes it is order you should read the Witcher saga - the next for you is The Sword of Destiny :)

You are right sorry I've mis-read - I was talking about Sword of Destiny :D

You are right Season of Storms isn't officially translated into English and I guess it will be after The Lady of The Lake which is planned to be released in 2017 :(

---------- Updated at 08:20 AM ----------

Yes it is order you should read the Witcher saga - the next for you is The Sword of Destiny :)

Sweet! Thanks

Three Two of the Books (Sword of Destiny, Tower of the Swallow and Lady of the Lake) have not been published yet in America. The rest are available at amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. For the three two that are unpublished, there are decent fan translations currently available on the forum.

EDIT: My bad. I forgot sword of destiny came out in May

EDIT AGAIN: Alright ... this is getting ridiculous. It came out in May in England, it's being released in USA in Dec.

Last edited:
Books have been translated to English by fans which you can hunt down on the web but unfortunately none have been translated into American as far as am aware. If you are ok with English though you should be fine.......Sorry for the poor translation, I am a stuck up British person.....lol :)

Just to let you know the books are fantastic, well worth the read. It may be worth waiting though as I have heard that the English translations are missing pieces from the story. That being said I didn't find it to much of a problem.

Books have been translated to English by fans which you can hunt down on the web but unfortunately none have been translated into American as far as am aware. If you are ok with English though you should be fine.......Sorry for the poor translation, I am a stuck up British person.....lol :)

No problem, I will just remember to type in capital letters, and put a space between each letter so that way I can be understood by someone who speaks the Queen's English.

Now before I get banned or yelled at, the above paragraph was a joke. @garethwilliams1987 made a joke, so I gave one in return.

Now back to OP original subject, I ordered earlier today The Last Wish on Amazon (English version). II will have it by this Friday. I am glad to be getting it, because I am basically done with the game until the 13th of October when HoS is released.

Might help. As the English (not sure if its in American or UK english sorry, shouldn't be a problem tho :p) versions have been published the links to those have been removed.

.. I recommend the audio book versions, the voice actor is quite good. Compared to the game the audiobook wipes the floor with triss and dandelion (who must have just finished doing their gig for gta5 right before coming into do the witcher).

Might help. As the English (not sure if its in American or UK english sorry, shouldn't be a problem tho :p) versions have been published the links to those have been removed.

.. I recommend the audio book versions, the voice actor is quite good. Compared to the game the audiobook wipes the floor with triss and dandelion (who must have just finished doing their gig for gta5 right before coming into do the witcher).

The earlier translator for The Witcher was Danusia Stok, a London Pole, her work is very British. The translator for Baptism of Fire is David French, a Brit who lives in Poland. So expect Rightpondian throughout.

I know they're out there. I picked up two of the novels years ago in what was once called a "book store". It was sort of like a grocery store, but the shelves were lined with books. (You can still find them today. If you're ever in a Starbucks, and you notice a few of the walls look like a library -- you may have found the long-lost remains of a Barnes and Noble!)

I know they're out there. I picked up two of the novels years ago in what was once called a "book store". It was sort of like a grocery store, but the shelves were lined with books. (You can still find them today. If you're ever in a Starbucks, and you notice a few of the walls look like a library -- you may have found the long-lost remains of a Barnes and Noble!)

Hmm. I vaguely remember those. Some of them used to sell what was once called 'literature' . . . .

Litera-what-what-what??? Pure poppycock! Fairy tales and nonsense! For goodness sake -- let's turn our attention back to reality TV.

Litera-what-what-what??? Pure poppycock! Fairy tales and nonsense! For goodness sake -- let's turn our attention back to reality TV.

Well... you are joking.
But this is reality. The sad reality... and it is not just the US ( I wish it was)... the entire world is like that...

@vesemas228,

This...is a very funny image!

---------- Updated at 11:22 AM ----------

Well... you are joking.
But this is reality. The sad reality... and it is not just the US ( I wish it was)... the entire world is like that...

I'm half-joking. (I'm seriously insulting reality TV.)

It's really bad everywhere; I know. I watched a Borders open and close in the same year in Dubai. But Paris is still going strong! I've never seen more people sitting and reading in public. It was awesome!

Top Bottom