The Witcher Remake is in development!

+
Man this definitely made my week like HOLLY CR*P, A WITCHER 1 REMAKE MADE BY VETERANS AND THEY EVEN KEPT THE ORIGINAL FONT OF THE GAME. This is amazing I can't wait to see how will this turn out. I know this game will use Unreal engine 5, please make sure the PC version is good :(, I can't enjoy unreal engine games anymore due to the stuttering problem made by shader compilation in that engine, I really hope CD projekt can supervise the projekt (pun intented) well and find a way to avoid those problems to make sure the PC release is as best as it can be, it would suck to see the PC version getting not as much attention as before after cyberpunk on consoles (at release ) :(. Other than that I am really excited, but please be aware of the Unreal engine limitations , maybe make the game to compile shaders at the menu or something I don't know.

Now this is my most anticipated game in recent years not going to lie :), I played the original after finishing the witcher 3 when I was like 19 and story wise and as an RPG it really stands out the test of time.

Also I saw a analysis of this game made by Joseph anderson and there is a joke about a "secret" way of dating the grandma with "will you take pitty on the kitty?" please make that scene as an easter egg lol, I actually thought it was real XD

Me, too, 100%. The combat system is unusual, but I love the combos and different styles.
Any game's primary purpose is to sell. TW1's combat system (which I always liked btw), however unique, would discourage many casual gamers. I guess the dream option would be to have a toggle, to be able to choose between classic or modern combat system versions.

This is so cool and amazing news! But I'm wondering if the people who have the original Witcher or Witcher Directors cut would get the remake for free or do we have to buy it separately?

This is so cool and amazing news! But I'm wondering if the people who have the original Witcher or Witcher Directors cut would get the remake for free or do we have to buy it separately?
well, I think it will be necessary to buy, this is not a next gene patch, but as a separate, reworked large-scale game

Please make the combat the same as the first one. The combat in The Witcher was the best out of all the games please don't mess this up CDPR. I loved the RE2 and RE3 remake's, but they were shadows compared to the glory of the base games. Please don't mess this up for the OG fans and make a remake catered for the casual Witcher fans.

This is SUPER exciting. I wanted to go back and play The Witcher and The Witcher 2, but they just came off as so dated that it was rough.

I really hope that:

1. They remake The Witcher, which seems like it will probably take 3-4 years.
  2. At that point it seems more than reasonable to remake The Witcher 2 as well, which would take another 3-4 years.
  3. By that time The Witcher 3 will be dated compared to titles that have come out in the last 10-15 years and I hope they move forward with a remake of that as well.
I think this is really great. I also think it is great another studio is doing it rather than CDPR taking up their resources. You will get the story, creativity and inspiration that CDPR put into the first game, but it won't take up their dev resources. Amazing strategy and approach.

This is what I was hoping this project was from the get go. I was worried it might be a 'independent story' that leaned on the creative people from another studio coming up with a Witcher story rather than the CDPR creative types - which could have resulted in a disaster. But this avoids that possibility for the most part.

Please make the combat the same as the first one. The combat in The Witcher was the best out of all the games please don't mess this up CDPR. I loved the RE2 and RE3 remake's, but they were shadows compared to the glory of the base games. Please don't mess this up for the OG fans and make a remake catered for the casual Witcher fans.
I completely agree with you, the combat system is unique, if you do something, just modify it a little

What exactly is a remake? New game from scratch with new voice actors, music and etc. or it's a remaster of the first game reusing existing VA and music?

It's being remade in a brand new engine... so to me that says full blown remake. Wouldn't shock me if they use some of the same music, voice actors, etc. Also wouldn't shock me if they maybe make it more 'open world' or something like that as well to modernize it.

I imagine they are going to make Geralt look more like Geralt from The Witcher 3 and stuff like that as well. Maybe you even see some cameos by Yenn or Ciri, something like that in order to shout out fans of their most popular game.

But I imagine it is going to be all fancy looking, with brand new graphics and made to look super high quality like the Final Fantasy or Resident Evil remakes. Anything less than that would be a major disappointment as those games have really set the bar high.

Top Bottom