The Witcher Remake is in development!

+
Hello,
Sorry if the question has already been raised in another topic, I did not find. I was wondering if an adaptation of The Witcher 1 and The Witcher 2 was scheduled to be released on playstation/X-box systems, as Mass Effect trilogy was remastered ?
Best regards

Right now it's too early to be talking about platforms.

Remaking TW1 will require a lot of work to bring it to the current level. My guess is that CDPR will have to built an entirely new game around the existing main story of TW1. Obviously, this could take a long time.

Once there are more infos to share, I'm sure CDPR will do just that.

I personally don't know if this will make some of the older fans happy, because they basically ignored 90% of the characters from TW2 and TW1 in W3, and now doing a remake of the first game and then proceeded to ignore the Scoi'atel faction(looking at you,my boy Yaevinn and Iorveth), this is absolutely gonna sting,considering a lot of these characters don't appear anywhere in the future stories due to "we thought it just wouldn't fit" reasons.

I personally don't know if this will make some of the older fans happy, because they basically ignored 90% of the characters from TW2 and TW1 in W3, and now doing a remake of the first game and then proceeded to ignore the Scoi'atel faction(looking at you,my boy Yaevinn and Iorveth), this is absolutely gonna sting,considering a lot of these characters don't appear anywhere in the future stories due to "we thought it just wouldn't fit" reasons.

Well, you can't make everyone happy. No matter what you do.

That being said, I think that every game of the series has it's own great story to tell - so I don't see why a remake of TW1 with modern graphics and modern gameplay is a bad thing just because it doesn't have that much impact on TW3 or TW2.

Since Ciri and Yen are not in it, I'm afraid I'm not interested. TW1 and 2 are good, but it feels like something is missing without them.

Hang on a minute... dear Triss is gonna be in it, probably more beautiful than ever. Forget I said anything.

Last edited:
Beyond excited for this!

But my biggest concern is whether or not they will reuse the music. Perhaps this would be a perfect opportunity to bury the hatchet with Blaszczak and Skorupa, so they can redo the entire score? One could only dream...
A dream we both share, Kinley bear. :coolstory:

Music in The Witcher 1 is sheer magic that adds to the atmosphere of the original.

Petition for MALE FANSERVICE!

We all know the original game had tons of female fanservice and 0 male fanservice.

I would ask the CD team to also add male fanservice to the Remake.

At least make Geralt model hotter like Henry Cavill + Geralt nude scenes. :giveup:

TW3, for example, had lot female nude scenes, no Geralt nude scenes, nothing balanced..

one complain I have in TW1 is that the lady of the lake gave me a sword with a benefit and time would tell what would that be... and that's it: you never hear again of that supposed benefit in the game, which it ends rather soon after that.

Since Ciri and Yen are not in it, I'm afraid I'm not interested. TW1 and 2 are good, but it feels like something is missing without them.

Hang on a minute... dear Triss is gonna be in it, probably more beautiful than ever. Forget I said anything.
Triss > Ciri and Yennifer.
I find Yennifer to be annoying and Ciri is just a brat.
The Witcher 1 was better imo. Even with the pathfinding problems.

Triss > Ciri and Yennifer.
I find Yennifer to be annoying and Ciri is just a brat.
The Witcher 1 was better imo. Even with the pathfinding problems.
Triss' sex scenes in TW2 where far better than Yen's (or anyone else's). Loved when they bathed together at the elven ruins and when Geralt rammed her Khal Drogo style. That freaking game was far better than even TW3, at least in that regard.

Last edited:
I am honestly so darn excited. Cannot wait at all. If you guys want some alpha-testers or beta-testers on PC/PS5, you be sure to hit me up okay?

@Vattier

If you would like to make the "remake" really well, than you will make a selectbale option for the original face!
The old fans deserve it! The fame of Geralt deserves it!

GeraltokWall.jpg

Top Bottom