Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking what would be the best way for CDPR to implement the changes they announced, I doubt they will release it separately, it will most likely be a part of a patch. Seeing how they already talked about the next patch being huge, something tells me that we could very well see it there. They said they will have more info on the 1.07 next week, so we will now then. Personally I don't mind them taking as much time as they need but something tells me that we may get our fix sooner then expected. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I would be ready to bet that the next patch will bring smiles to many people faces here.

I was already thinking about it too.. It makes sense, that before aprox 10 days they said, that patch will be alive "very soon", but then all rumors stops.. And somewhere in this time, REDs started to visiting our original thread much more...
It is possible, that we are only "false hoping", but there is really chance, that 1.07 is delayed just because they want to implement at least some repairs.. :)

One or two people misbehaving does not constitute fighting if you ask me. We don't have the power to prevent someone from going nuts in here all we can really do is ask nicely and they can ignore. How are we suppose to prevent the thread from going nuts?

Still at least now we have some clear guidance. Like ReptilePZ said we are not forbidden from discussing the contents of the old thread just the decision to shut it down. So with that being said we can continue to discuss Inconsistencies, content and ideas.

You hear that everyone, so release you inner talents.

@abex81 you should be free to update the OP with our concerns and the responses from the Dev at least.

Exactly my words, friend.. Exactly..
"You hear that everyone, so release you inner talents." - and what do You think, I am trying to do here? ;) :D (but I know, I am only joking :) )

I imagine that, even to implement a few dialogue additions and/or changes, it will take CDPR at least a few weeks, maybe even a couple of months. If they actually plan to create new dialogue, they will have to schedule a session with Jaimi Barbakoff and/or the other voice actors, which takes time. I wouldn't expect anything soon. Better late than never, though.

I am honestly not even THINKING about this being here until the patch RIGHT before the first Paid Expansions...and even then I won't be worred too much if its not here before the end of the year.

They have a FULL plate...and I am in line, as long as the coaster opened eventually, I am down for the Triss ride...how ever long the wait :)

Well if more time meant more content I wouldn't mind them taking a year to release it, but like I said 1.07 is looking good to me.

Agree but, we may be thinking too much into this issue. It is possible that implementing the new dialogue is not going to take as long as we think. It's possible they already too the steps necessary to have the voices done. Months is a little extreme, the only reason the game take so many years to produce is because of the little items, every shoe, every sword, every blade of grass have to be developed.

However, most of that is already done and the work of sequencing a cut scene can be done in a relatively short time.

I imagine that, even to implement a few dialogue additions and/or changes, it will take CDPR at least a few weeks, maybe even a couple of months. If they actually plan to create new dialogue, they will have to schedule a session with Jaimi Barbakoff and/or the other voice actors, which takes time. I wouldn't expect anything soon. Better late than never, though.

It is clear.. We are talking about some minor enhancements (like for example few more intimate scenes, puting some restored dialogues instead of well etc.).. Complete repair will take at least 1-3 months, but some minor enhancement are possible earlier.. :)

Well if more time meant more content I wouldn't mind them taking a year to release it, but like I said 1.07 is looking good to me.

If it is an EASY -- 'oops, can you believe I didn't connect the BLUE wire, sheeesh! Silly Olaf!"

-- kind of thing, yeah I think if could be that quick.

If it is an EASY -- 'oops, can you believe I didn't connect the BLUE wire, sheeesh! Silly Olaf!"

-- kind of thing, yeah I think if could be that quick.

Hahahaha imagine if it was that easy the whole time lol "Whoops we switched some of the dialogue wires"

Agree but, we may be thinking too much into this issue. It is possible that implementing the new dialogue is not going to take as long as we think. It's possible they already too the steps necessary to have the voices done. Months is a little extreme, the only reason the game take so many years to produce is because of the little items, every shoe, every sword, every blade of grass have to be developed.

However, most of that is already done and the work of sequencing a cut scene can be done in a relatively short time.
I agree with this, for all we now they could already be working on it, it is clear that voice actors are the biggest problem, especially with so many voice overs, but if they managed to organize that I think it is very possible to for them to complete everything in couple of weeks, but it also depends of the magnitude of changes they had in mind. But like I said, they should take as much time they need, I don't think anyone here is pressuring them to release it as soon as possible, and most people don't have a problem waiting.

Well I have a feeling it will be out by the time I get my new laptop in September so I can finally play on high settings with new Triss dialogues :D will be great.

---------- Updated at 10:25 PM ----------

Wow, i woke up and the huge Triss is locked after 933 pages, but now we got a new Triss thread :)

Yeah wasn't great - but I suppose this way its easier to follow - not so much to read to catch up, and we achieved our primary objective - Mission was complete :victory:

Wow, i woke up and the huge Triss is locked after 933 pages, but now we got a new Triss thread :)

Yeah we allowed the thread to get drag down and it cost us but, we are back.

Welcome back and lets keep it as clean as possible. We are still allowed to discuss the main idea of the previous thread, new ideas and inconsistencies but discussing Mod decision is not allow and discussing the merit of closing the previous thread is not allowed.

Other than, have at it.

---------- Updated at 10:28 PM ----------

Anyone knows why I cannot get pictures to attach or had the same issue and fixed it?

I agree with this, for all we now they could already be working on it, it is clear that voice actors are the biggest problem, especially with so many voice overs, but if they managed to organize that I think it is very possible to for them to complete everything in couple of weeks, but it also depends of the magnitude of changes they had in mind. But like I said, they should take as much time they need, I don't think anyone here is pressuring them to release it as soon as possible, and most people don't have a problem waiting.

Voice actors are professionals and adding some lines is work for max. one afternoon.. If They want to give money into this, it can be done relatively quickly..

Sad that we've got this nice scene of them both only in Tango quest... They could together celebrate defiting Wild Hunt.

I don't even fully understand this outcome. In a normal universe... I get it. As a consequence, it's a good thing.

BUT

I don't know about Triss (haven't read the books) but Yennefer can read minds. If it ends up Geralt really *does* love them both - not an impossibility - shouldn't Yen be able to see that in Geralt's head? If he's playing a game, yes, he deserves scorn. If he's not, then he deserves at the very least (considering his long history with both women) a conversation. Several conversations. I'm not saying we have to go full polygamy or anything... but let's not treat the heroic and compassionate Geralt like a brown turd nugget.

I don't even fully understand this outcome. In a normal universe... I get it. As a consequence, it's a good thing.

BUT

I don't know about Triss (haven't read the books) but Yennefer can read minds. If it ends up Geralt really *does* love them both - not an impossibility - shouldn't Yen be able to see that in Geralt's head? If he's playing a game, yes, he deserves scorn. If he's not, then he deserves at the very least (considering his long history with both women) a conversation. Several conversations. I'm not saying we have to go full polygamy or anything... but let's not treat the heroic and compassionate Geralt like a brown turd nugget.

All sorceresses can read minds.

Voice actors are professionals and adding some lines is work for max. one afternoon.. If They want to give money into this, it can be done relatively quickly..
That is true, but organizing all of them could take time, don't know whether and when they are available. Just for Triss and Geralt it would take 14 voice actors, and add 7 more for each character they are possibly adding dialog to, but maybe it's not that hard to organize them, I don't really know how all of that works exactly.

Last edited:
That is true, but organizing all of them could take time, don't know weather and when they are available. Just for Triss and Geralt it would take 14 voice actors, and add 7 more for each character they are possibly adding dialog to, but maybe it's not that hard to organize them, I don't really know how all of that works exactly.

For professional production company it is not that hard.. Believe me, I am professional photographer and I doubt, that photo-business is much different.. :)
It could be a problem, if You need those 14 people to be on one place in same time, but it is not this case.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom