Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame the last thread ended before it reached 1000 pages but I understand it. Good to see that now we have a thread dedicated to Triss. I guess I should probably finish the Kovir story I started in the last thread, this seems like a more appropriate place to post it. Until I finish that, I wrote this, taking inspiration from the scene in Lassie, where Timmy fell down a well.

Geralt: What's that Trissie?
Trissie: Well, well, well?
Geralt: Yenny fell down a well?!
Trissie: Well?
Geralt: Thats the third time this month, right?
Trissie: Well, well, well, well, well? Well, well. Well well?
Geralt: I agree, let her find her own way out.
Trissie: Well?

Always know how to make us laugh.

All we can do is wait and see. Marcin and GingerEffect said they are working on it so I'm sure they will be working on more than just changing a few lines.

You have to remember the inconsistencies we brought to their attention wasn't simply about dialogues. They said they follow everything we discussed in the previous thread and we kept the first page pretty up to date with new ideas. We have to let them work and we will see what they come up with.

I highly doubt the dev will sully their reputation by making insignificant changes just to save face. I think the changes will be meaniful, well crafted and pleasing to everyone. I won't be suprise if Triss is waiting at Kaer Morhen. I don't think it's hard to insert the character code in Kaer Morhen with a few dialogue and scenes.

Don't panic people, just continue to believe in the dev. We all did and still do. That's the main reason why the last thread was started and became so succesful, we kept faith that the dev would see the legitimacy in the issues that were raised.

I am optimistic that the changes will be good.

I actually was disappointed Triss wasn't at Kaer Morhen, went to go look for her after I found her earrings. Not just Triss, but Keira should be at Kaer Morhen too.

I might be asking a little too much, but a sidequest involving Triss would be cool at Kaer Morhen.

All we can do is wait and see. Marcin and GingerEffect said they are working on it so I'm sure they will be working on more than just changing a few lines.

You have to remember the inconsistencies we brought to their attention wasn't simply about dialogues. They said they follow everything we discussed in the previous thread and we kept the first page pretty up to date with new ideas. We have to let them work and we will see what they come up with.

I highly doubt the dev will sully their reputation by making insignificant changes just to save face. I think the changes will be meaniful, well crafted and pleasing to everyone. I won't be suprise if Triss is waiting at Kaer Morhen. I don't think it's hard to insert the character code in Kaer Morhen with a few dialogue and scenes.

Don't panic people, just continue to believe in the dev. We all did and still do. That's the main reason why the last thread was started and became so succesful, we kept faith that the dev would see the legitimacy in the issues that were raised.

Definitively agree, i like to think that they are just playing it cool at the moment saying "yeah we will change a couple of things here and there" yet hinting at more (like how they followed all the suggestions) and then when they release it all it will blow us all away lol!

This fills me with doubt:

“I wouldn’t go as far as calling it new content. We will be implementing small additions and tweaks in character dialogues that should please many folks in this thread. :D

They're not calling it 'new content' but 'small tweaks'. Doesn't sound promising to me. Perhaps a recognition of your romance but that's about it. I certainly wouldn't call 'small tweaks' 'something big'. Perhaps I'm being cynical and I hope I'm wrong but I won't be holding my breath that Triss' romance will suddenly be as valid a choice as Yen's as far as the game's concerned, specifically in terms of parity in the amount of dialogue content . It really feels like those of us who chose that route got a raw deal and 'small tweaks' aren't going to fix that.

True but small additions can mean anything. Small additions can mean a cut scene or two and dialogue changes. I wouldn't consider a few cut scenes new content. New content would be a completely new quest in Triss's story see.

Don't lose hope, even small changes can be really meaniful of they do it right. It can eliminate that empty feeling when playing Triss romance arc. Remeber we were able to come up with dialogue that fit right into the story and give it more meaning and we are not even pros. If we could do that in a forum just thinks about what the writers (pros) at CDPR can do.

They will fix this I am more sure not than ever.

---------- Updated at 02:15 AM ----------

Definitively agree, i like to think that they are just playing it cool at the moment saying "yeah we will change a couple of things here and there" yet hinting at more (like how they followed all the suggestions) and then when they release it all it will blow us all away lol!

My thoughts exactly. Think about everyone, the dev is not going to come out and say hey yall we are making a lot of changes. I honestly believe they said small because they don't want to open up a can of worms.

They are going to do this secretly and release small candies until final fix. Then they will notify us of something just as amazing everything they've produce in the past. This dev hasn't given me a reason to think that they believe in bandaid fixes.

They are the only dev that take issues like this very seriously. Remember they could have given us the finger but they discussed it internally and acknowledge the legitimacy of our concerns. Let us continue to support them and let them show us what they got from 900+ pages and thousands of post. We can all agree they deserve that at least.

I am optimistic that the changes will be good.

I actually was disappointed Triss wasn't at Kaer Morhen, went to go look for her after I found her earrings. Not just Triss, but Keira should be at Kaer Morhen too.

I might be asking a little too much, but a sidequest involving Triss would be cool at Kaer Morhen.

Where do you find Triss' earrings? Can it be that I missed something in the game? I looked all over Kaer Morhen and didn't see anything that belonged to Triss.

Kind of wish that she had her own bedroom there with a few items that you could click on. Keira has her own little nook at the entrance to the dining hall, Yenn's got her own bedroom with her megascopes set up. Roche and Ves are in the courtyard training ... now that I think about it, where does Triss go when you arrive at Kaer Morhen with Ciri? She showed up for the meeting where we planned our course of attack, but it felt like she kind of just materialized out of nowhere.

True but small additions can mean anything. Small additions can mean a cut scene or two and dialogue changes. I wouldn't consider a few cut scenes new content. New content would be a completely new quest in Triss's story see.

Don't lose hope, even small changes can be really meaniful of they do it right. It can eliminate that empty feeling when playing Triss romance arc. Remeber we were able to come up with dialogue that fit right into the story and give it more meaning and we are not even pros. If we could do that in a forum just thinks about what the writers (pros) at CDPR can do.

When they said there won't be any new content. They meant that they're not adding more quests or a different storyline for Triss (Which pretty much means she still have to go to Novigrad and she still have to help evacuating the mages) it doesn't mean that they won't change the romance options, scenes and the outcome of our different romance choices.

After their last discussion GingerEffect updated us and said "This is because fans alerted us to something which we, internally, discussed (hence the long silence in between replies) and eventually agreed that it did not fit our core philosophy of including consequences to the choices the player can make."

This could go as far as importing your completed TW2 save game into TW3.

I fell in love with Triss. People say stuff about Yen being perfect for Geralt and Triss having anterior motives. My disagreement with that comes from several facts. First when you lost your memory yes she did take advantage of the situation but the thing is as far as I can tell she always loved Geralt and this was her chance. She was willing to help him find Yen even though it endangered the relationship she obviously desired so much. In the witched 3 when she says that you have been manipulated and she says how she manipulated you and she sounded like she wanted to cry. My point is that while I absolutely love RED I hate how I was practically forced to love a person who is just a bitch. Yeah I get thats her character but I can't love someone that just treats me like a game piece and I really don't think that in the end that is going to be healthy for Geralt. What the devs could do for dlc is in addition to giving Triss a role in the dlcs is that If you chose the Ending with Triss you can go to the house in Kovir and talk with her and see her or if you chose the ending with Yen you could go to a house with her and talk with her. It would be more immersive than just getting an ending and never seeing the majority of the main characters again.

Where do you find Triss' earrings? Can it be that I missed something in the game? I looked all over Kaer Morhen and didn't see anything that belonged to Triss.

Kind of wish that she had her own bedroom there with a few items that you could click on. Keira has her own little nook at the entrance to the dining hall, Yenn's got her own bedroom with her megascopes set up. Roche and Ves are in the courtyard training ... now that I think about it, where does Triss go when you arrive at Kaer Morhen with Ciri? She showed up for the meeting where we planned our course of attack, but it felt like she kind of just materialized out of nowhere.

When they said there won't be any new content. They meant that they're not adding more quests or a different storyline for Triss (Which pretty much means she still have to go to Novigrad and she still have to help evacuating the mages) it doesn't mean that they won't change the romance options, scenes and the outcome of our different romance choices.

After their last discussion GingerEffect updated us and said "This is because fans alerted us to something which we, internally, discussed (hence the long silence in between replies) and eventually agreed that it did not fit our core philosophy of including consequences to the choices the player can make."

This could go as far as importing your completed TW2 save game into TW3.

True I think we are going to like what we get in the end and I honestly think they will address this in substantial and meaningful way.

That's the problem though, isn't it? It's such an ambiguous statement that it could mean anything. I would consider additional cut scenes 'new content' so if all we get is a few additional lines of dialogue of recognition of the romance then its a half hearted attempt at appeasement.

The problems with the Triss romance is that it boils down to three quests, with barely more dialogue than a Witcher contract. Dijkstra gets more content than Triss. By extension, Yennefer probably gets the most dialogue in the story, a lot of it romance related even if you're not in a relationship with her. Adding a few lines isn't going to fix that.

What I want is quite simple - for Triss to have equal romance-related content as Yennefer. Only then is the Triss romance as valid as Yen's.

Last edited:
That's the problem though, isn't it? It's such an ambiguous statement that it could mean anything. I would consider additional cut scenes 'new content' so if all we get is a few additional lines of dialogue of recognition of the romance then its a half hearted attempt at appeasement.

The problems with the Triss romance is that it boils down to three quests, with barely more dialogue than a Witcher contract. Dijkstra gets more content than Triss. By extension, Yennefer probably gets the most dialogue in the story, a lot of it romance related even if you're not in a relationship with her. Adding a few lines isn't going to fix that.

If dialogue was all they intended on fixing then to you would be right that it be half hearted attempt at appeasement. What I'm saying is this, if they intended to do something half heartily they wouldn't have had internal meetings to discuss what needed to be done. Think about it, the Internet is already buzzing because of Marcin and GingerEffect post in our previous thread.

I doubt the dev is going to do some shitty job, after all they have a reputation to maintain. They could have choosen to ignore us completely and still maintain their reputation but, they didn't. They don't need meetings to address small dialogue changes. Meetings are conducted to propose new ideas and improvements to old.

The dev can't come out and say hey we are giving you more cut scenes, dialogue and new content. Remember romantic cut scenes or interactions cut scene are not new content not in the actual sense of new content. For example Triss scene with Geralt and dialogue at funeral is not new content it's just tweaking the current content to be more meaniful.

A whole new quest that have to fit the storyline with a new plot is new content. At the funeral they can simply extend her presense and give her dialogue in the cut scene that was already available see.

True I think we are going to like what we get in the end and I honestly think they will address this in substantial and meaningful way.

I feel the same way too. I feel that the fixes and changes they're going to make will live up to our expectations.

It it doesn't. The Triss content and the inconsistency of our romance's choice 2.0 will follow soon after.

It still bothers me that we can't talk to Triss about Alvin.

[video=youtube;zaJHwWa-GkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaJHwWa-GkU[/video]

I never knew that you can get a letter from Alvin in TW3, can you talk to Triss about it?

What I want is quite simple - for Triss to have equal romance-related content as Yennefer. Only then is the Triss romance as valid as Yen's.

Really all I want is Triss actually showing up at Kaer Morhen. I can understand why Yennefer has more romance content, because she is a big part of the game considering its all about looking for Ciri, but more Triss content will make the romance with her less dull, for example, you get to sleep with Triss at Kaer Morhen instead of getting wasted with Eskel and Lambert, and you get to have conversations with Triss at Kaer Morhen, and maybe even have a Yen and Triss argument scene considering Yen throws the bed out the window. It just sucks that after the light house scene, the next time you get to have some sort of conversation with her is when you give her the earrings, which is WAYYYYY later in the game.

A whole new quest that have to fit the storyline with a new plot is new content.

Agree, for a true new content that is not just a couple of new scenes they should do a proper expansion. With Yen/Triss and other characters. And something tells me they might do that.

Hey guys very disappointing in what happened in the old thread. I woke up and saw that it was closed and I was like "son of b!tch...they finally got to us". It seems there has been MOD activity as well so I don't want to bring any further attention nor let this thread be closed as well. The best thing to do once things get out of hand is to take a minute, relax and ignore. Just discuss what we all come this specific thread for...I know all of us know better.

That being said after reading the rest of the old thread, @ReptilePZ I thought there was an understanding that the PEOPLE disrupting the thread were to be punished not the entire thread...The disagreements (in all honesty I can't call it a fight, not that you said it was) between the user(s) in question DID NOT in any way represent the majority of people who discussed in the thread for the simple purpose of giving ideas and posting feedback.

You wrote that the REDs responded, and yes while that is true nothing has been released yet and absolutely no one can say 100% that every problem with the romance has been discussed as everyday new people play the game, new people might find a new problem, and in turn they find the (now closed) Triss thread and post their ideas.

On behalf of everyone I apologize for letting things get "heated" and I agree with the fact that at that particular point talk was cheap and appropriate action needed to be taken, in fact it was quite embarrassing to see MODS coming in each and everyday to stop things that didn't have to escalate if we just exhibited a snip-it of self-control, especially after REDs come and bring good news. However with all due respect I think you acted a bit too hasty in closing the ENTIRE thread, it sucks that the acts of few have to ruin a nice thing for the many and I'm sure we agree on that.

So I'm asking (and forgive me I'm new here, so I don't know if MODS even do this) if there was anyway the Triss inconsistencies thread could be re-opened. Most people in this current thread seem content with our new setting, but I still believe the old thread has so much life left. Even after the REDs response(s) they were still entering our thread because (this is speculation) they want/like the ideas we were pumping out and they want to make sure we could now end our game saying "That was f*cking awesome" and I also believe they were looking at the expansions in development and thinking some stuff can changed there too. We have so much to give and like GingerEffect said "we make mistakes".

If this a PM discussion we could have or if it's a flat-out NO then I'm fine either way and will try to trust your decision, but I have some solutions to the "disagreements" that plagued that thread and how to maintain order (then again I'm new so I don't even know if some of my solutions would be possible).

P.S- It seems ReptilePZ is offline so if you guys see him could you refer him to my post thanks :handy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom