Triss Merigold of Maribor (All Spoilers) Resurgence

+
Reinforcing the previous post: This thread is for discussion of the character of Triss Merigold as she appears in the games. Objections based on book characterizations of Triss are off topic.

Em...why? Triss is a book character first and foremost :huh: In Yennefer thread we're constantly discussing book Yen, but we're not allowed to discuss book Triss in her own thread?

Well, the complaints are about a line said by the game version of Geralt, so they are indeed not really on topic. The best place for discussing it would probably be a thread specifically about the new dialogues in patch 1.10. In any case, I generally agree with this post, and there is not much point getting overly upset about that line.

The problem with off-topic dissertations on book lore is that others respond to them with legitimate anger. Shipping wars are not welcome on this forum; you are free to post legitimate objections elsewhere. Not in this thread.

Please people, before things disintegrate any further, this topic is not about discussing book lore. If you are upset about lore breaking, please find the appropriate topic. This topic is about Triss, so let us discuss Triss please. Please try your best not to bash others or the dev about book lore. I understand you are upset. Just find the appropriate topic for your concerns and make your case. I like to keep this forum on topic as much as possible please.

Thank you all for understanding.

Well, I am, that's why I posted it here. It's a dialogue from the game between those two concerning their relationship in the games and apparently before that in the books.

I just think you deserved an explanation and not a lie by them.

In the books all Geralt had in his head was Yennefer, however the amnesia created the unique opportunity to rethink his life, to rethink his relationships. That's exactly what you did through the games.

You decided to go for Triss instead of Yennefer, because you chose so and I think this choice, your choice should be accepted and be enough for such a relationship. Claiming that this was already going on in the books is weakening your own choice.

Wait, it is not allowed to discuss Triss from the books? If that so, I think it's a shame, but I guess it is so then, but as I said I am talking about this line in the actual game about their relationship.

And you should consider I am supporting your cause here despite being one of the biggest Yen-idiots ;D

I just think this relationship should be based on your choice and not by disregarding the books.

Guest 3847602

Em...why? Triss is a book character first and foremost :huh: In Yennefer thread we're constantly discussing book Yen, but we're not allowed to discuss book Triss in her own thread?

If I'm to guess it's because sooner or latter such discussion usually turns into this:

Well, I am, that's why I posted it here. It's a dialogue from the game between those two concerning their relationship in the games and apparently before that in the books.

I just think you deserved an explanation and not a lie by them.

In the books all Geralt had in his head was Yennefer, however the amnesia created the unique opportunity to rethink his life, to rethink his relationships. That's exactly what you did through the games.

You decided to go for Triss instead of Yennefer, because you chose so and I think this choice, your choice should be accepted and be enough for such a relationship. Claiming that this was already going on in the books is weakening your own choice.

Wait, it is not allowed to discuss Triss from the books? If that so, I think it's a shame, but I guess it is so then, but as I said I am talking about this line in the actual game about their relationship.

And you should consider I am supporting your cause here despite being one of the biggest Yen-idiots ;D

I just think this relationship should be based on your choice and not by disregarding the books.

Trust me I understand you, but I am simply trying to keep this forum on topic about Triss. Nothing wrong with discussing book lore, but doing it in a topic created to discuss Triss is simply going to create a rabbit hole that no one wants. This topic is about Triss in the game, W1, W2 and W3.

PM me and we can discuss, do now let us stay on Triss in here guys. Thanks

@Kallelinski

These lines just an addition to the global picture of LI choices in game. If we want really changes of the representation of Triss choice, in first case - it should be to refine/delete quest "Last wish" and to make something else..and better starting since TW2 :teeth:.

Since when? Half of the OP is information about Triss from the books. Even some of the fan art is with book Triss. But we can only discuss game version of Triss? That's very confusing ???

Tbh 'm pretty confused too. I'm confused with the idea of differentiating book characters from their game 'versions'. There are no two Trisses. There are no two Geralts. There is Triss from the Witcher universe, that contains books+games. Yes, you can somewhat shape the story and character arcs as you wish, but still it's the same character. So it's impossible to discuss Triss without mentioning the books in which she was born after all - for the 'game' Triss the books are her past - why can't we discuss it here, then? It's rather ridiculous...but i guess you can - when it's convenient and something positive :rolleyes:

New lines harm both Triss and Yen choices, in my opinion. Triss choice should be created by player decisions in TW1, 2 and 3.

Dispel Magic seems a bizarre way of improve Triss choice...

But I suppose it's working as intended by Red.

Trust me I understand you, but I am simply trying to keep this forum on topic about Triss. Nothing wrong with discussing book lore, but doing it in a topic created to discuss Triss is simply going to create a rabbit hole that no one wants. This topic is about Triss in the game, W1, W2 and W3.

PM me and we can discuss, do now let us stay on Triss in here guys. Thanks

Well, I don't want to dictate what this thread is for, I just thought this is a general thread about her just like mine (even the title and layout), but if you guys just want to discuss about her game appearance, so be it.

Then those who are responsible for this can't see it...and my inbox is constantly full.

Anyway since it isn't really welcomed here I just want to say that I am happy that you got your closure, I think it was right to give at least one dialogue at the end of the game about this, however I am not happy about that line at all and I am really concerned now that the issues I have about Yennefer and Ciri are going to be ignored now totally. They won't change such dialogues a second time...

Anyway since it isn't really welcomed here I just want to say that I am happy that you got your closure, I think it was right to give at least one dialogue at the end of the game about this, however I am not happy about that line at all and I am really concerned now that the issues I have about Yennefer and Ciri are going to be ignored now totally. They won't change such dialogues a second time...

I'm glad they have made the changes, because it's about the game, and game lore, and they've made two previous games where Triss is a key part of Geralt's life. I didn't like her much in W1, didn't really give her much of a thought in W2, and came to appreciate that she had developed as a person by the time of W3.

It won't affect me much, because I still won't choose either, but I have friends who will be very happy this change has been made. Thing is, if you don't choose Triss, you don't get the dialogue.. so what does it matter? Let the people who want to make those choices enjoy the game their way.

Tbh 'm pretty confused too. I'm confused with the idea of differentiating book characters from their game 'versions'. There are no two Trisses. There are no two Geralts. There is Triss from the Witcher universe, that contains books+games. Yes, you can somewhat shape the story and character arcs as you wish, but still it's the same character. So it's impossible to discuss Triss without mentioning the books in which she was born after all - for the 'game' Triss the books are her past - why can't we discuss it here, then? It's rather ridiculous...but i guess you can - when it's convenient and something positive :rolleyes:

To me there's quite clearly both a time break and a authorship directional break. So there are at the root of it a minimum of 2 versions of the character(not even taking account for the wildly different interpretations individuals will come away from both mediums with). The degree to which the characterisation aligns is very much dependent on the reader/player. Personally i really like the direction CD Red took Triss and other core characters and it feels natural to me. Equally based on my reading of the leak i think the additions are excellent and will prove valuable additions to the game experience. They also appear to be that too additions rather than complete change of character portrayal some book devotees seem unhappy not to have received. Think it's quite right that the thread should be dedicated to the game interpretation and that discussion may very well take in events from the books. Wider discussions of certain individuals unhappiness with direction of CD Red's portrayal of a myriad of characters(Yen,Ciri, Triss, Geralt) surely should have their own dedicated thread rather than leaking out across a myriad of threads.

Surely that would be better off in a dedicated book thread, rather than leaking toxically into a myriad of threads.
. I agree with the view . Surely a dedicated thread to cover those who wish to complain about how the game interpretation doesn't align with

He said "My amnesia changed nothing. Wanted to be with you before, during, after - always." He clearly means before the amnesia. So yeah, there are no exuses for this. Just another lore rape :whistle:

Doesn't matter to me and many others I'm sure.
The games are not canon anyway, I really don't get why Yen/book fans get so upset with this

From what I'm hearing the new dialogue options are great and just what MY Geralt would want to say

---------- Updated at 07:47 PM ----------

And exactly THIS is the thing, which is NOT ok... not even close to be OK. This is just so much against the BOOK lore...
that it really fuck things up .... even for me...

Stated before that i also feel the need to equal the "romance plots" out.... but THIS? no... this breaks it for me.
I was on the side ... hey i want to choose Triss ... why the heck she does not stay with us and is at KM when you
go with her... including second sexy time and joke around and so on.... maybe talking things over and clear things
up between all 3.

But this........ @ CDPR ... i like you listen to the community and your fans ... but there has to be a limit WHAT to do
and what not...

Bringing THIS sentence in... is just a BIG no no.

I don't see the problem. Its not like Book Geralt is saying that, its GAME Geralt.

Ok, seeing a repeat of the "before during after" rage from when 1.08 came out. Too much fuss over the word "before."

Simplest way to deal with it is @xxRENEGADExx 's interpretation:

1. Before he started to recover his memory (The Witcher 1)
2. During recovering his memory (The Witcher 2)
3. After recovering his memory (The Witcher 3)

^Seeing it this way is the calmest/easiest way to deal with it.

For those who insist that it has to be "before amnesia," let's just point out:
- Triss and Geralt had a relationship in the past (referenced in Blood of Elves)
- Geralt still has some feelings for Triss in Blood of Elves, but suppresses them because he still loves Yen
- In the books Yen is mad as hell at Triss- why?- because Geralt still likes her! Random other women Geralt has slept with do not get Yen so angry.
- Geralt is trying to say something nice to Triss with this line- I doubt he's worried about historical accuracy! People say things like "always" and "forever" to their girlfriends all the time without worrying about how true it is.

Top Bottom