True Wetness/Sweat Mod - the shader is there, but it needs something

+

Guest 3841499

True Wetness/Sweat Mod - the shader is there, but it needs something

In/after rain and out of water, Geralt's clothing becomes wet, but not his face... There is a wet_skin.w2mg shader and a CookedFX "wet_skin" that I used for Ignition "sweat FX" that makes both clothing and skin/face wet after Ignition use. AFAIK, that shader is used only in a single scene, the intro scene of Geralt in a bathtub in Kaer Morhen.

Player.w2ent template has a Wetness chunk, where blend-time can be specified. However, it does not give you more info/data about itself... Is there a way to make "wet_skin" CookedFX auto-play via template changes or via script to apply itself temporarily onto Geralt during rain, after rain for a duration of time, and after coming out of water?

I tried to add "wet_skin" shader as an override track for water surfacing and some other related FX, but that didn't work...

Guest 3841499

Changing the textures for when it rains or permanently? There is a sweating texture mod, but it makes Geralt look wet all the time, not what I am talking about.

just change the right texture

body_01_mg__geralt_a02
h_01_mg__geralt_a02
h_01_mg__geralt_a02_mark

These three maps regulate the wet effect on the whole body of Geralt .. including the face ... and apply only when it rains or when Geralt takes a bath.

Guest 3841499

Maybe, but either way, I wouldn't know how to write a "if rains, apply texture X" or "if rains, apply shader X" script... or any script for that matter.

MonarchX;n10799191 said:
Maybe, but either way, I wouldn't know how to write a "if rains, apply texture X" or "if rains, apply shader X" script... or any script for that matter.

It's not that bad actually. The Witcher 3 scripts and whatnot are build in logical way, build in blocks, easy to figure out what does what.

NeonixZmatrix;n10803901 said:
-_- No they don't, the mutations get rid of sweating.

Please quote the book saying that Witchers don't sweat. ;]

People like you probably believe that mutations rid Witchers of emotions, when they really don't.

Top Bottom