• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Good game but ultimately dissapointing

After playing through the prologue on hardest difficulty I was really looking forward to the rest of the game. The prologue (White orchard) was interesting, tough and about the right level of challenge.

But on progressing tot he main game the difficulty dropped right off and I sailed through the game with very few deaths (I managed to fall off cliffs more often than I'd like to admit). Anyone else found that?

Whilst the main story arc was very good, There wasn't much going on otherwise sadly. Quests became tedious very quickly, go talk to someone, they want their shoes tying, but first you need to go talk to someone the world away to learn how to fasten shoes, but they won't teach you till you've gone and patted their dog, which is a world away also..... Just became a real drag :(

There's a couple of bugs stopping me from getting the plat trophy which I hope get fixed soon!! (Can't get the contracts trophy as the apiarian contract bugged out and I can't complete it, and the woodland spirit one, I chose to not kill the leshen, didn't know it was a hidden trophy till after I finished the story and didn't have any earlier saves). I have those 2 to get and the marksman trophy, but I'm not grinding that out if the games broken and I can't get the plat.

We have clearly been playing different games. TW3 is awash with secondary quests, most of which are far from fetch-it missions.

Quests, by far, were vastly improved in this game. Just go play dragon age and compare. Anyway, sorry you didn't like it. But it blows just about everything else away. There are only two games (in this game type) that I feel are better, Last of Us, and Red Dead Redemption. (and the only reason I like those better is purely on looting and inventory grounds)

Don't get me wrong, I didn't dislike the game, part of it were awesome, but ultimately I found alot of it tedious. Most of my gripes with the game could be fixed with having some storage somewhere. The inventory system is a real mess unfortunately, I was pretty much always nearly overburdened with hardly anything in my gear and other screens. The horse was terrible, I ended up just not bothering with it most of the time, you'd call it and it'd spawn in the worst possible place, IN buildings, behind walls, opposite side of a river etc.

Fast travel to the city, no matter what time of day it was and you can pretty much guarantee it'd be night time when all the vendors aren't there when you arrive.

These are all minor gripes but I feel it'd have made a MUCH better game if these had been fixed before release. Also I found no use at all for money or 99% of loot (monster or otherwise).

I'll still get the expansions of course, but those 2 bugs need to be fixed before I'll even think about playing it again.

I agree W3 is very RRR and deals with the inventory much better :)

Gwent was a great addition!! but alas with the rest of the game became TOO easy. I didn't lose a single game of gwent and I only used the northern realms deck.

I like the questing system in TW3 a lot better than in the previous games. They're usually short, straightforward and most importantly I didn't feel compelled to finish them all. In the first game I reloaded a save almost 15 hours behind because I forgot to do the follow-up quest for the lumberjacks in the swamp. I scoured the game (and AOK) for quests and suffered through completing them all, I think in part because the previous games didn't have as much to offer as Wild Hunt did.

Even the quests that had a more detective feel to them didn't take up as much time. Trying to figure out the Salamandra plot in the second chapter of the first game or running around Vergen looking for ingredients for Phillippa was exhausting. Not a lot of action, too much going from NPC to NPC, listening to a lot of dialogue that even though was well written didn't make up for how tiresome the whole ordeal was. In TW3 things are more clear cut, find spot of the accident, investigate, find monster, decide what to do and finish the quest. Not to mention there's more variety.

Are you enjoying The Witcher 3?

To a degree, yes. But not so much as an RPG (the initial feel improved substantially once I stopped approaching this as a roleplaying game, but rather an action adventure). It lacks several things that I associate with proper RPG's, and for a game this big the rather narrow gameplay setup gets pretty repetitive and dulls the game down despite the good narrative direction.and storytelling. I guess it comes with the territory of being based on a pre-established character and setup, but a smaller scale couldv'e made a difference if not willing to defy Geralts characterization through higher variety of gameplay and character building options.

Also... the poll is fubar.

Last edited:
The Witcher 3 is a legendary RPG a really great wonderful experience. I am looking very much forward to the 2 incoming addons in the upcoming months :)
Goddamn bless the developers. Fantastic game :)

After playing through the prologue on hardest difficulty I was really looking forward to the rest of the game. The prologue (White orchard) was interesting, tough and about the right level of challenge.

But on progressing tot he main game the difficulty dropped right off and I sailed through the game with very few deaths (I managed to fall off cliffs more often than I'd like to admit). Anyone else found that?

Whilst the main story arc was very good, There wasn't much going on otherwise sadly. Quests became tedious very quickly, go talk to someone, they want their shoes tying, but first you need to go talk to someone the world away to learn how to fasten shoes, but they won't teach you till you've gone and patted their dog, which is a world away also..... Just became a real drag :(

There's a couple of bugs stopping me from getting the plat trophy which I hope get fixed soon!! (Can't get the contracts trophy as the apiarian contract bugged out and I can't complete it, and the woodland spirit one, I chose to not kill the leshen, didn't know it was a hidden trophy till after I finished the story and didn't have any earlier saves). I have those 2 to get and the marksman trophy, but I'm not grinding that out if the games broken and I can't get the plat.

Well, investigation is often "talk to someone in order to acquire the information you need", but the structure change in the Act 3.
The repetition is in the monster contracts.
Monster nests could have been used in those contracts to add some variety to the quest design (like it was in The Witcher 2) instead of using that pattern to fill the world.

Sorry but it#s far from legendary!! The likes of Baldur's gate and the first dragon age are far superior (but made for pc which is why they could do much, much more). It's good, but could be far better.

Hi guys, with 96 hours on record I finished the game yesterday. As long as I am overwhelmed by impressions I would like to give to Project Red guys some feedback.
First of all I love the game, 10/10 and best RPG I have ever played (on a side note, I have been playing since 1990´s and have finished more than 300 AAA games since then).

Things I really enjoyed:
a) quests in general, did not matter whether the main story or side quests, all of them had a great story; the side quest were by far the best of any game I have ever played
b) epic and unforgettable moments as the Botchling quest, crazy dude kicking the sleeping giant, the Crones or the ship teleported to the top of the mountain - these are unique moments I will never forget :)
c) the humour, countless pop culture references, I loved those (guards talking about sleeping gimp lol )
d) great outdoors design, (still have to think of Velen as a nasty s***hole where no one would willingly live :) ), great job with Novigrad too, was hoping the Oxenfurt was a little bit bigger and more quests took part there
e) a very few bugs if I take into account the complexity of the game
f) Gwent is by far the best side game ever

Things that could have been slightly better:
a) (spoiler) Ciri´s final decision to stop the White Frost came from nowhere, I did not expect the events turn that rapidly; there could have been more hints on what was going through Ciri´s head when the Hunt was defeated
b) (spoiler) I totally did not get why Imlerith after Kaer Morhen siege simply went to some fair or whatever in Velen; could have used a better explanation, made no sense to me that Ciri simply knew where to meet him so you just went there and slayed him
c) (spoiler) romace with Triss and Yen seemed to me unavoidable in retrospective; thus I missed the option even after having romace wirth them both to preffer one; when they offered the threesome, denying that could have opened the option to choose one; I understand that life aint fair and the threesome trolling was great yet after all Geralt has done much for both Yen and Triss and I believe that he would have deserved a chance for redemption with either of them
d) in the end of game I still missed two cave troll livers so I could not have finished all the elixirs and decoctions; maybe I have done something wrong yet I believe that there should be a way to obtain all needed resources for elixirs; I have also gotten the 5th nekker heart right before the final battle
e) I have played on the 2nd most difficult setting and while on levels 1-10 even drowners were a serious challenge, later in the game I had no problem with fighting anything and last time I remember dying was 1 time facing Imlerith; maybe the game difficulty could have been higher
f) I missed a really huge monster of a size of Kayran in W2, contracts were great yet there weren´t almost any HUGE monsters (maybe except for the frost giant in Skellige) that would require some specific fighting approach
g) Zirael (swallow) - elven nickname for Ciri - in fact swallows are pretty mean bastards who eat meat and kill other smaller birds just for fun, this one may go to Mr. Sapkowski but I would expect much more noble nickname for the Elder Blood :)

Things I did not like:
none actually :)

So to sum this up, I am so glad I could play Witcher 3 and I am so glad (spoiler) that my Ciri did not die as it happened to the others. If I understand correctly, Geralt´s story is over (if not counting with possible additional content for W3), it would be shame not to continue maybe with some other Witcher / Witcheress.

Great job guys!

Last edited:
Yeah can't knock the story, or most of the main questlines, totally agree about the difficulty though. The whole ciri thing did seem a little disjointed but it didn't take much away from the overall game. One thing that I did notice but wasn't overly bothered ab out was the exp differences in quests, main quests gave you 2-3 levels per quest where as side missions netted you 5-100 or so, seemed really out of balance and if you did a story line you were suddenly over leveled for alot of quests.

As long as the 2 bugged quests are fixed I'll be happy, there's no way I'm sinking another 100+ hours in it to get 2 trophies lol

---------- Updated at 06:11 PM ----------

nope not heard anything about the expansions yet, all I know is one's a large one (with new area?), and the other is much smaller

Yeah can't knock the story, or most of the main questlines, totally agree about the difficulty though. The whole ciri thing did seem a little disjointed but it didn't take much away from the overall game. One thing that I did notice but wasn't overly bothered ab out was the exp differences in quests, main quests gave you 2-3 levels per quest where as side missions netted you 5-100 or so, seemed really out of balance and if you did a story line you were suddenly over leveled for alot of quests.

As long as the 2 bugged quests are fixed I'll be happy, there's no way I'm sinking another 100+ hours in it to get 2 trophies lol

nope not heard anything about the expansions yet, all I know is one's a large one (with new area?), and the other is much smaller

Yep heard it today at my local game stop, my guy is the biggest witcher fan i know, so i think its a pretty reliable source. but believe what you want to believe lol

---------- Updated at 10:07 PM ----------

Yep heard it today at my local game stop, my guy is the biggest witcher fan i know, so i think its a pretty reliable source. but believe what you want to believe lol

I want to fight more human type monsters with swords, bandits are more fun to fight then most monsters, but it gets boring lol.. we need more ;)

A small tweak I would have liked would have been able to fast travel from in the vicinity of a town/city, instead of having to find the sign post, also having the mini map larger, as it was pretty useless and I never used it.

Hello to all those who read this,

I have played a lot of games but this game is just fantabulous mind-boggling and what not. Great work and kudos to all those who worked and make this game possible.
You guys just gave the world the best of the best game in its genre. all the bugs etc well guess we can live with that but what i hear after finishing the main game story is very sad. you guys gave the world a game to connect with and get addicted to it but after the main story is completed all the characters are gone with the wind??? come on guys please add/patch/DLC/whatever but get those characters to be seen in the game even after we finish the main story else it feels so bored that i feel like jumping off the tallest mountain in skellege!!.

Hope the needful will be done.

Regards
Witcher

Hi there,
I really like crafting your own gear and making potions. In Witcher 3 I'm a bit disappointed about those parts. It's fun trying to find the recipes and the material and kill the monsters you need to make that awsome gear. Though in TW3 it's not that rewarding. When you have 40 each of every body part you can think of from every monster you've met, and all you need to replenish the potions is some alcohol... it feels kinda... meh. So what now? I just sell them all? Kinda meaningless, don't you think? I could just aswell have had all the potions from the beginning.

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-07-17 20-01-39.jpg
    witcher3 2015-07-17 20-01-39.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00006.jpg
    2732023-289650_screenshots_2014-11-11_00006.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 49
I love the Witcher 3, It's one of the best games I've ever played, and I'd like to make a suggestion, can you guys from CD Projekt Red make a "Photo Mode" for consoles ? Like Shadow of Mordor photo mode ? That would be awesome and would help a lot to take good screenshots.

Thanks.

IsengrimR

After palying a bit more...

After playing a bit more, and finishing the game, I have to say, I'm overall more disappointed. Not because Witcher 3 is a bad game. Just because, for the most part, there is a lot of wasted opportunity here.

Few more concrete things:
  1. There is no endgame - after level 28, there are just a few quests and monster hunts available. Most of them not that interesting or rather short. While the level cap may be 70, I can't see a way of getting there in a legitimate manner, as when you hit level 34... almost everything is done and completed.
  2. Past a party in the castle, plot is resolving itself in the most basic and simplistic manner possible. There are very few memorable moments, everything else feels like a gloryfied fedex assignment. I won't deny it has it's moments, but they are short and the rest just drowns in the sea of mediocrity. A lot of wasted potential here, and it's clearly visible, considering also lack of side-quests content that the endgame was very much rushed in all aspects.
  3. Redcons from previous games that not only do not make any sense, but also annoy and do a diservice to people that played previous games.
  4. Combat system is too simplistic if you don't want to use sings. It could do with addition of guard breaks, and better executed parrying system.
  5. AI is plain dumb. Enemies backing away from you because they have to stay near their camp, despite the fact you just murdered 4 of their friends. Makes no sense what so ever. Humans oponents, are basically dumber than most monsters. At least monsters dodge.
  6. Witcher gear isn't scaling very well. If the expansions will severly increase the effective level cap ( as in, add more quests for the player to get XP from ), there should an improved version of mastercrafted witcher gear.
  7. World doesn't feel content full. There is not enough interesting content "in the wild" to keep exploration for sake of exploration interesting.

All I can think of for now. Now I'll be playing around with the world ( and console commands ) a bit more, as I finished the game, maybe I'll come up with more stuff to talk about.

Top Bottom