• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
scaling up

Well, as in this thread we provide our feedback, i would like to express my concern about the absence of difficulty in the game after around level 10-15 even in DM. If you explore the word and do all the side quests, you outlevel the enemies in the main quest and those in the world and become omnipotent. I would like a scaling up system where low level enemies would scale up to your level and wouldn't have debuffs. It could be an option but it is necessary.

patch 1.07

pretty happy with d patch so far
alternate movement is much better tho i had not found d standard any problematic; this somehow feels even more natural
Roche too turns better nw, dunno if tht was fixed too or i'm js imagining this

d Hairworks substitution was a nice idea, Geralt's hair still looks nice bt d FPS hs increased

dunno if thr is an alphabetic sort, if nt pls gt it; personally TW2 inventory was good fr me

jumpin off staircases still takes too much damage; thts nt realistic, pls reduce

Geralt's hair passes thro d Spikeroog Aketon armour

i hd hated d Ciri DLC pic bt in d game she looks nice in that; goes very well with her eyes :)

Last edited:
can't wait to play the expansions.
50€ are really to few for such a masterpiece like this.

please, give us the expansions and a "The Witcher 4" :p

Great work, cd projeckt red team. Best game I've played since Dark Souls. ALthough it is apples to oranges, I place Witcher 3 along with my beloved Souls games.
What sets it apart? It's just a matter of quality. It is obvious this game was a labor of love.

Some feedback for you. I played the game on DM the first time through. At the beginning I had a tough time, but once I got the controls down things were not very hard. The only boss I had any trouble with was the first golem in the Keira quest. Once I got a decent amount of health potions and whatnot I really had very little difficult.

I understand that I would probably fall into the "above average" level of gamer skill, mainly because of my Souls games experience, but I think a higher level of difficulty would please a lot of fans.

I think the only difficulty in this game right now is for the majority of gamers who lack patience/ take the time to prepare/ try to do things too quickly. It would be nice to have either health potions/supplies restricted a good deal in addition to more dangerous enemies. Then again, I think that if dying became to consistent, with the games lengthy load screens and need for hard saves, it would quickly become annoying. I guess it's not really set up like a Souls game, so a player who prepares properly should not have to suffer death repeatedly to learn the nuances of enemy movesets.

T

My letter to the Developers

Dear CD Projekt Red team,
im quite new to the whole witcher world, just started with witcher 3.
I dont have much time to play since my job doesnt allow it, but i spend all available time in your game.
I bought the books and started reading them in my break, and i have to say it is amazing.
it is a rich world i really enjoy.
I picked up witcher 1 and 2 and wanted to play them aswell.
But with the last patch you have somehow delievered a big blow to my motivation to continue witcher 3.

I got home from work the day the patch came out and was eager to start playing. even though i dont have much time, i fought my way
through the game on a high difficulty and endured the 3-5 crashes i had per session. I tried fixing them but none of the tips found online could.
so i just restarted every time it bugged out and continued, sometimes frustrated if i had to to something again which was difficult to do once but i managed.

So when i started my game up after the patch i was pretty speechless to not contine the last chapter and fight my final boss, instead my savegame was gone and every setting with the game.
so i checked online, asked friends and did some research but with no result. my savegame was gone.

one friend told me to just start over. but i cant. its not my story, its not what i chose for my first time, i would think over stuff or decide otherwise since i now know how a lot of story works out.
maybe ill start again, maybe ill get the season pass if im interested but right now my whole motivation to play anything is gone. i cant read the books or enjoy questing.

i dont really know why i wrote this down, i think i just wanted to let some steam off.
if any of the devs read this, please dont take it hostile, i like your game. but right now, im just angry.

sorry if my english isnt perfect, it isnt my first language.

So many bugs post patch, I want to cry

I have 140 hours and never had any issues like this, and this was all in 15-25 minutes post patch play. I'm very sad, and I wish I could uninstall this patch to play normally. First, almost anytime I killed humans, the bodies don't fall over, they just stand upright lol, secondly, the mouse sensitivity seems to be out of wack, i even dumbed it down to nothing, still clunky, really not liking the tab change, seems when I pick items now via tab, they don't select properly, then I walk over to do the lighthouse quest in skellege and i can't even climb the god damn ladder, literally, he will not climb the ladder. O yah, not to mention, when I use witcher senses, when I try to revert back, it zooms out as normal, but it stays in the fuzzy mode like I am still in witcher senses. Cmon guys what the hell is going on here, fix this.

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 51
General Criticisms of TW3 After 2 Playthroughs

So I wasn't sure whether this belongs here or in another forum, but I'm going to post it here anyways.
I'm going to break down this into a few sections. Anything I don't mention, I either like/love/don't mind. Spoilers ahoy.

Story:
Emhyr and Ciri's relationship: Didn't Emhyr want to impregnate Ciri? Didn't he also burn down her home and leave her with some serious emotional trauma? The Witcher 3 seemed to gloss over this entirely and just act as if this didn't happen which I find extremely odd. It's pretty fucked up for Ciri and Emhyr to pretend like that never happened. Also, is Emhyr's wife dead now or does the game just fail to mention her? Why is there no mention of how Emhyr is going to handle revealing to his subjects that his wife is actually a look-alike of his daughter? There's also some more weird shit going on there, but if you read even a little of the books and then played The Witcher 3, you'll be scratching your head at how Emhyr's goals with Ciri.

Imlerith and Vesemir: Minor issue, but couldn't have Vesemir just igni'd Imlerith in the face like Geralt did? A small scene involving Imlerith breaking his fingers or something would fix this issue, but then how would a completely crippled Vesemir manage to make Imlerith kill him before Ciri goes with the Hunt? Maybe Vesemir could kill himself instead? I don't know, but that's an issue that really stood out to me on my second playthrough.

White Frost and Ciri: I have no problems with Geralt's interactions with Ciri deciding her fate as it makes sense to me. Geralt teaching Ciri to deal with her emotions in a reasonable way just makes pure sense when you look at what happened at Kaer Morhen. She lost control of her powers and could have killed everyone including herself. But some interaction with Ciri and the White Frost needs to happen. I want to see a visual cue of her learning to control her emotions at the end rather than just a fade to black. It was a very unsatisfying conclusion to that issue.

Visuals:
Pop-in: This wasn't solved at all in 1.07. Why do people's faces only pop-in a few meters away? Why do ship masts also only pop-in a few meters away? Why do details on characters frequently pop-in during cutscenes? Did nobody actually play this game and find a problem with these glaring issues? And I do mean GLARING because it is currently the number one immersion killer in this game. Seeing Geralt's unrendered face while being shaved by the Nilfgaardian barber in Vizima was fucking atrocious. I just started my third playthrough and I really hope that doesn't happen again.

Pre-rendered cutscenes: I honestly would love an explanation for this shit being in the game. Nothing breaks immersion like seeing Geralt back in his Kaer Morhen armor with a completely different hairstyle running at silky smooth 30 FPS compared to my usual 45 FPS. These cutscenes also generally look worse than my game running at Ultra which I find odd. Replace these with some actual cutscenes and I'll be happy. They're unnecessary and also break immersion, though not as much as the pop-in.

Quality of assets: The game overall looks very nice and I have very nice looking screenshots of beautiful sunsets, fields, character models, lighting, etc. But damn, some textures look like shit. For a 2015 PC game, it sure is odd to see some of the low-res textures that are in this game, Kaer Morhen looks beautiful at a distance, but get close to any wall and it looks mediocre. Same with any building in this game to be honest. No matter how nice the art looks, it's held down by the quality of the textures. Some models also have issues with horrible looking hair/beards.

Inconsistent lighting: Why do cutscenes and normal gameplay use two different types of lighting. I noticed this since the beginning of the game, but I never understood why. Using the cutscene lighting mod, there seems to be no performance hit at all, but everything looks generally too bright.

Reused models: Don't even need to explain this, just add in some more varied models and hairstyles for those models. I'll be happy along with plenty of other people.

Hairworks: It's bad. Pasty, stiff hair is not a good thing. When I see Geralt's loose part of his "loosely tied" hair cut hanging in the air above Geralt's shoulders, there's an issue. It should fall flat to his shoulders instead of just hanging there. Aside from that, wind and movement needs to affect looser hair much more. And wind needs to be disabled in all indoors areas. The performance cut for Hairworks is ridiculous for what we get.

Gameplay:
Poorly designed monsters: Fuck Fiends. Having a monster that knocks you down on every hit is not good enemy design. Having to constantly dodge around his flank and slash at him to kill him efficiently is pathetic honestly. I have an issue with Gargoyles' jumping attacks because they are way to hard to predict and dodge. Golems/Elementals feel more like sword sponges than tough magical entities. Alghouls should also put away their spikes soon after an Axii instead of right after the Axii wears off.

Humans: I believe shield enemies should be forced to drop their shields if they lose enough stamina. Whirl should not be able to be blocked by normal human enemies as frequently as it is. Human enemies should have larger stamina drain in general I feel as it seems like blocking a Witcher would take a lot of effort and strength. Enemies using two-handed weapons should do something instead of continuously block against heavy attacks because that basically makes them easy peasy.

Skills: Rend should slow time at higher levels because the reward for getting a successful attack isn't worth the risk of standing still and slowly building up that powerful charge. I feel that Whirl should have a small damage penalty as it basically is a one hit kill if you manage to stunlock any enemy. Also it seems to provide an insane stagger resistance while performing the skill which is another reason why I feel dam should take a penalty. I haven't personally used the crossbow skills, but they seem useless. I don't get the point of them. The entire magic tree needs some desperate rework because it requires the player to invest so many points in various different skills to just advance to the next tier. So at the end of the day, you're going to have all these magical skills you will barely ever use unless your build is 100% signs based or 75%. The general skills also need some rework aside from the School skills and a few select others. I didn't really notice the extra crossbow damage and the Sun and Stars skill needs a buff. The extra toxicity skill is useless because 1 point in the alchemy skill that gives you 1 point of toxicity for each level 1 alchemical recipe does the exact same thing, but better.

Other:
Dijkstra Witcheress ending and Radovid Witcheress ending: There's no real difference between these endings which surprised me because Dijkstra in the epilogue is revealed to be a pretty progressive ruler. But when I went to give Ciri her sword, I saw more talk of Witch Hunts, Redanian soldiers abusing peasants for gold, and some pretty overall weird interactions between the people and soldiers considering their new ruler.

Lack of Ciri/Yen/Geralt interactions: self-explanatory.

Lack of Wild Hunt: self-explanatory, they're sort of a rarity in the game subtitled: The Wild Hunt. Also aren't many interactions with the generals of the Wild Hunt, specifically Eredin.

Lack of variety in sex scenes: Not a huge issue, but sort of shocking for previous news saying that there would be fully modeled "wangs" and "hoo-has" along with 16 hours of sex mo-cap. Had a chance to create some very touching moments between love interests and racy scenes with prostitutes/other women, but blew it with very samey sex scenes.

Lack of Triss interactions: Felt like she kind of got the shaft compared to Yen (Well?), but I understand why. I heard that CDPR thought of adding in more Triss content, but I hope they don't make her into some sort of Bioware waifu like some people want her to be *coughtriss/yenthreadscough*

what have you done with 1.07 on xone!

cd project red please bring back version 1.06 on xone. what on earth have you done with 1.07 and have ruined the game clearly downgrading it when with 1.06 it was perfect and nothing more was needed!. Not only has this patxh clearly downgraded the image quality of the game for some reason, but most importantly the framerate on xone is now tragic when it was actually perfect. you have done a double harm to the game when it wasnt borken with 1,06, and it was actually perfect. bring back version 1,06 and just leave it there. I can't believe you did such a thing to the game for no reason

Something defenietly went wrong with "optimization". Tried the game on PS4 runs much worse than before. Tried game on my GTX 970, runs much worse than before. Random stutter no matter what settings. Fluctuating framerates. No perpetual smoothnes even at 60fps. I don't know waht happend but I'm waiting for 1.08.

If you play on pc, then you can ask for a save in the steam community page or here in the forums by describing the major choices you took in the game. I lost my witcher 2 saves cause they got corrupted and downloaded an online version with the same major choices to import in the witcher 2 (plus i got the awsome tatoo. it is the best solution for now if you cannot replay it from the beginnign, but i am sure that you will find a save with choices very close to your , even if it means to download a save before the isle of mists and replay the final part. ;)

I have only one major complaint about this game: I'm leveling so fast that half the quests become trivial before I can get to them! I suppose some folks want the game over with ASAP but I'm a completionist at heart and I love this game so much I don't care if I NEVER get finished with it. So my suggestion would be to reduce the EXP from each quest so a person can have a chance to see it all :)

Can you stop increase the level of the witcher's gear ???????????????. The experiences point i get from this game it's fucking low even when i explored all entire map. KILL THE FIEND OR SOME BIG MONSTER JUST GET ONLY 5 EXPERIENCE POINT. SOME CONTRACT JUST GET ONLY 5 EXPERIENCE POINT, I HAVE A HARD TIME TO LEVEL UP MY CHARACTER TO HAVE ENOUGH TO SATISFY THE CONDITION TO WEAR AN ARMOR, AFTER PATCH 1.07 EVERYTHING GOING UP AND KNOW GERALT IS NUDE.

THE MASTERCRAFT ARMOR NOW IS LEVEL 34 TO WEARS. AND I FINISH THIS GAME JUST ONLY LEVEL 32 IT'S MAXIMUM.
you should do it for the one who buy THE EXPANSION PASS not for me.

Last edited:
Enjoyed The Witcher 3 game. Many things needs to be fixed still but it is an awesome game. I do hope CDPR will make another Witcher game.

greate game! Probably best game for last 10 years! But... After 1.07 game is unplayable for me. I want to start my second playthrough but I can't. Very bad perfprmance...

Top Bottom