• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Thx, im sure that will help lots of people, my goal is to advocate for the issue so the developers dont make the same mistake in the next game.

The XP gain needs to be improved to the point where it's worth killing mobs you encounter, instead of just riding past them.

I like the auto unsheathing when you're heading to fight enemies. Geralt cleverly picks out the right sword without me needing to check the enemy's health bar and then pick the right sword.

It would be nice if you could skip the loading screen cutscene recaps as I'm hearing the same dialogue over and over again.

Why so many people having problem with that, so it would be better to have black screen with nothing. And the narrative depends on which quest you have chosen. I love it. The game for me don't load more than 30 sec as it is installed on the SSD. And usually it is a very short dialog. I think thee are far more important things to be fixed, which are mentioned above by the most of the gamers writing in this thread.

Although the forum is exploding with bug reports, there is one specific issue that makes me want to smash my PS4 copy of the game:

The standard camera position behind the player is set false, causing it to reposition automatically too high above the player. When walking with Geralt on foot, the camera is focused on the ground (!) and not the horizon, like it should be. The same issue appears on horseback.

This wouldn't be much of a trouble to me if I was able to RECALIBRATE the camera with the right analog stick WITHOUT IT BEING RESTORED to the default settings after 1,5 seconds! I want to be able to set the camera permanently as I wish, both vertically as well as horizontally!

I want to enjoy my surroundings while riding the horse, without being interrupted continously by the auto center function of the camera. It drives me crazy!!! Please CDPR, help! In combination with the horse animation stuttering, riding in this game is plain torture!

And walking with Geralt on foot is so frustrating, too, as the camera is always looking on the ground! I want to enjoy the view while walking and not look at the ground all the time!

I also want to be able to position the camera to his right or left, for instance - and still walk in the other direction, without the camera to be restored to his back in a split second. This is an established standard in any other third person game, is it too much to ask for to implement at least an option?!

Please I beg you CDPR, give us console players a menu option to disable the auto center function of the Geralt and horse camera! I want to enjoy the game but I can't because of this. I am incredibly sad and frustrated. Please don't ignore this issue dear devs.

It would be nice if you could skip the loading screen cutscene recaps as I'm hearing the same dialogue over and over again.

I think they should keep it for when you're loading in from the main menu, but not when you're loading in game.

My nitpick is for the "Usable Items" inventory screen. When you click sort items it currently goes, Oils : Books : Bombs : Potions : Food. I think that books should be put to the back so it would be Oils : Bombs : Potions : Food : Books. This is because during combat I want access to those items first. When I pause I want to be able to quickly apply oil, change my potion or bombs out, or eat some food. I don't need to read the books quickly.

Thank you!

Suggestions from a big fan and a gamer

I'm a big fan of the serie and i love the way you work.
I have read a lot about Witcher III and I'm playing it.
Here are the things that i like and my suggestions to improve...
CPU optimization is perfect.
On PC I'm not worried about graphic (on Consoles try to mantain a stable framerate)
I play using keyboard at 60 fps and controls are very responsive (on consoles same people complains about unprecise controls is it caused by unstable frame rate ?)
Some people, including me, prefers the old (witcher 1-2 like) potions that: a) you must use before b) endure more time c) you can't simply refill
because is more "tactical" I think that for you can be simple to restore this mechanic back as a gameplay option.
The main story is beatiful !
Side missions story is beatiful !
Witcher senses are abused there is a lack of ambiental-enigmas (for example Portal is a big game for the interactive mechanics)
In future expansion could you implement something for which you must use your mind and not simply follow the red spot ? :)
The combat system for me is not bad but there are people complaining about it
On PS4 there are souls-fans that are very critic.
Additional hit types (final ones) for fast and powerful sword to be unlocked could be very useful for gameplay
even some more complexity in monster attack path
ps: Nvidia hairworks is useless (I have disabled it on my nvidia 980) cause it adds so few and in many cases drops the framerate too much.
ps2: how the game depends on your decisions is awesome (for all the serie) !

Thank you very much
Manuel

Last edited:
Hairworks yes but not in Geralt?

I know this must sound silly but I do like hairworks in the monsters but NOT in Geralt's hair, it looks much better the default one, the hairworks one is too perfect, straight and clean and does not rest on his shoulders rightly, the default one fits him better, more messy.

So, is there a way to activate HWs but not in Geralt?

Thx, im sure that will help lots of people, my goal is to advocate for the issue so the developers dont make the same mistake in the next game.
Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it a mistake. There have been numerous people on this troll thread you've developed explaining that this is a FEATURE of the game, yet you've decided that your view is the right view for everyone.

Well, it isn't.

This is not a grinder's game. The sad fact that you think it needs to be a grinder's game says more about you than it does about the game. Yes, you will lose money grinding trash mobs. So don't, unless you have to.

And for the love of god, PLEASE stop using the word "OBJECTIVELY" in this way. It doesn't mean what you think it does.

ps: Nvidia hairworks is useless (I have disabled it on my nvidia 980) cause it adds so few and in many cases drops the framerate too much.

I have 970 and for me HAIRWORKS looks astonishing and it is noticeable for me. Maybe because I have sharp eye and I am dealing constantly with photography painting and working with color palettes all the times, I dunno. I get no drop fps below 52 54 with Hair works. Frankly I don't need that 60fps constantly to have.

@
Arkray_gog - know this must sound silly but I do like hairworks in the monsters but NOT in Geralt's hair, it looks much better the default one, the hairworks one is too perfect, straight and clean and does not rest on his shoulders rightly, the default one fits him better, more messy.

So, is there a way to activate HWs but not in Geralt?"

I want that too, Geralt's hair indeed looks much better without HairWorks, it would be great to have the option - Hairworks - On; Hairworks on (Off for Geralt') like Hairwork ON only for GEralt :) This would be awesome. I loved how Johnny had hairworks on him.

Last edited:
I have 970 and for me HAIRWORKS looks astonishing and it is noticeable for me. Maybe because I have sharp eye and I am dealing constantly with photography painting and working with color palettes all the times, I dunno. I get no drop fps below 52 54 with Hair works. Frankly I don't need that 60fps constantly to have.

@
Arkray_gog - know this must sound silly but I do like hairworks in the monsters but NOT in Geralt's hair, it looks much better the default one, the hairworks one is too perfect, straight and clean and does not rest on his shoulders rightly, the default one fits him better, more messy.

So, is there a way to activate HWs but not in Geralt?"

I want that too, Geralt's hair indeed looks much better without HairWorks, it would be great to have the option - Hairworks - On; Hairworks on (Off for Geralt') like Hairwork ON only for GEralt :) This would be awesome. I loved how Johnny had hairworks on him.

Thanks, I see I'm not alone here. I keep activating it on and off depending on the moment... sadly....

Near perfect game, however some technical issues and game design decisions are flawed...

-Geralt's auto-sheathing, it can be very annoying while fighting more spread out groups of enemies, for example (one of many) archer was hitting me from far away while Geralt was sheathing his sword after killing melee bandit, he then hit me again when I was drawing it... stupid mechanic, LET ME sheathe my own sword, I'm not retarded, I can understand dumbing down drawing it since most casuals don't know what sword goes on what monster but sheathing it? COME ON...

-Give me an option to have Geralt always shaved, options options options, give me them, I love the dynamic beard growth mechanic but again, LET ME choose my style If I so desire, at least it's not growing too fast, so that's a minor complaint because of that

-Camera issues, when running camera feels like it's slugging behind, skips a little, hard to notice, but when you do, it becomes really agitating

-Horse walking animation stutters - here: https://youtu.be/bQkc9fnGgm8

-Vendor icons on map disappear, why? Just why? Novigrad is AN AWESOME city, but it's so huuuuge (another big pro - wish there were more character interactions tho) and I sometimes forget where was the blacksmith etc.

-Blood doesn't appear on the sword, also some blood decals are still bugged and are not showing on the ground after hitting enemies

- Last but definitely not least, the framerate on PS4 is absolute SH*T!!! Very game-breaking for me, planning on selling that version and waiting for some pc sale after I upgrade my rig.

Last edited:
Dear CDPRED, do you mind one little question?

Why can't I just IMPORT MY DAMN BLOODY STUFF from w2??
I bought w2 enhanced edition, get that awesome dark sets for importing into new game with other story-choices, and now discovers that my hard-won stuff is unavailable and all choices can be simply simulated without any saves.
CDPRED, you know, when I started Witcher 2 and saw Geralt same as I had left him in the end of W1, I felt an indescribable feeling, as if playing one game, one unending story, which I am creating by myself, and later imported choices made my feel stronger. Today, when I started Witcher 3, instead I felt only perplexity and loss of interest in gaming. Was that really so hard for you — to remade few simple armor sets for game fans?

Geralt's auto-sheathing, it can be very annoying while fighting more spread out groups of enemies, for example (one of many) archer was hitting me from far away while Geralt was sheathing his sword after killing melee bandit, he then hit me again when I was drawing it... stupid mechanic, LET ME sheathe my own sword, I'm not retarded, I can understand dumbing down drawing it since most casuals don't know what sword goes on what monster but sheathing it? COME ON...

I think with the next patch they will fix this nonsense. Once I was in the middle of drawners and leachers lekkers I DUNNO waht they are called .. so I AM IN THE MIDDLE SURROUNDED and for some reason Geralt decided to sheath his sword and by the time i draw it .. yep they were eating my guts ... and this didn't happen only once ... especially is game braking when I want to slay everything from my horse on sprint but with this drawing sword and sheathing over it again is BREAKING everything.

Great combat mechanics but it is broken ... 100%

White Orchard peasants crying and yelling

Hello,

I'm new, and first of all I would like to say that I love the little details in this game, such as the cat scratching at the inn door, and somebody opening the door to let it in! There are a few things that puzzle me. In White Orchard, you often see a group of women washing clothes. One of the women is sitting on the ground and crying loudly. There is no dialogue to indicate why, even if Geralt talks to them. This seems like the perfect opportunity for a quest. Is there a story here? I tried to use Axii to help her calm down, but the guards didn't appreciate that! :)

Also, during a rainstorm, there was a group of men yelling loudly; "Ow ow ow! To the huts, to the huts!" I didn't see anything attacking them. Was it because of hail falling? Maybe there isn't enough shelter for them, because they were standing there yelling. Perhaps this will disappear if more areas become repopulated.

Thanks for an incredible game.

Inventory sorting/filtering would be a godsend.

AI around camps usually stands still and does not attack if you engage them and stay a bit far away from their camp

Horse sometimes stops galloping because it detects something in its way when there is nothing (can fuck up races)

Lightining in dialogue can shift between different settings depending on what you say (Saw this happen with 100% chance during asking Sigi Reuven for gwent under his hideout)

Filtering books/letters from potions/oils

Making an already excellent game even better!

Hi,
I believe we can push the boundaries even further by giving us, the consumers, some extra flexibility, by providing a couple of extra features, like:
*Option to pause the game during cut scenes and dialog (its a bit annoying when a lengthy dialog or cut scene is on play and you have to do something else, get the door, get the phone, etc.)
*Option to redo side quests (for example, I failed the last horse race because I got my attention elsewhere for 2 sec. I got out of the track, and that was it, quest failed instantly and I got the blacksmith angry on me and refusing to do his services for me, no 2nd chance)
*Option to turn off the items durability completely on any difficulty settings (I'm not one of those, but I know people that see this as one of the few downsides to the game, still, having an option is better then no option imo)
*Option to set our own paths trough the map by selecting multiple checkpoints(sort of like how the horse racing works)
*Option to write and draw stuff on the map and set permanent markers upon deleting them manually (would be cool if we had something like a brush to paint and write stuff on the map, for example, draw an arrow and add a text so you know exactly whats there, example 2, draw a circle in a specific area and add a text: "lvl25" or whatever)
Hope you agree to those, or at least to some of them, I believe those options will just make the game better for most, if not, all of us.
Thanks.

Top Bottom