TW3 is my favourite rpg of all time. anyone else feel like tw3 ruined every other rpg, and feel discouraged from other games

+
TW3 fairs pretty well against other 3rd person action RPGs, although I think that Gothic 2 and TW2 are stil better.

It's pointless to talk about RPGs in general since tactical CRPGs like Fallout 2, Divinity: Original Sin or BG2 are pretty different and hard to compare to TW3..

First Witcher was the best game in the long time ! After that they started to make it lil more vanilla to appeal border public .
P.S.
Planscape was and still great game. Glad to own it

Guest 3838453

For me its definitely one of the games that have a chance of being game of the year ,however ,I will wait for fallout 4 and Metal Gear Solid 5 to see how that goes and then say whether W3 is best game I ever played or not .It definitely is ONE of the best games I ever played ,so glad I burned my eyes on it.

BUT ,if this was my last day on earth ,I would probably say that Witcher 3 is the best game I ever played, no regret.

Last edited by a moderator:
I "...Besides the multi-player aspect, TW3 helped further my dislike of the inner workings of mmorpgs."

MMorRPGs are the scourge of gaming and should be obliterated from existence....

Save for LAN there should only be MMoFPS as RPGs are too complex for these insipid oft-spammed "exclamation point fetch-it quests," and are the sole reason they exist in single player games...And don't get me started on the **idiotic-mind-numbing-grinding-gameplay-mechanics that exists in WRPGs via JRPGs, I'm looking at YOU Final Fantasy!

**Sorry, too many hours watching "Yahtzee Videos" on youtube...

OT, I wouldn't say this is the game that ruined every other game for me, as I've played too many games spanning the entirety of the 8-32 bit console + PC era to even consider it the best, but it is in my top ten...

Last edited:

Witcher 3 is as good as STALKER.

There is no higher praise I can give. It has achieved top marks. Cant even go higher...

I think W1 is a tad better.
It was a breath of fresh air at that time and boy how I loved the fighting system (I know I'm in the minoraty here probably). I felt like they 'dumped' it down a little to make it more apealing for the mass since then. W3 nonetheless ranks pretty high. It just didn't have that 'wow' feeling I had while playing and finishing W1.
I'd prefer W3 over DA:I and Skyrim any day of the week though.

:cheers:

Best RPG I've ever played, that said I haven't played the other 2 games, or many other older RPGs so might be I'm just ignorant on such matters.

TW3 with exception of fallout has definitely set the new standard for all RPG's. Hopefully this will encourage better quality RPG games from other companies in the future. Say no to mediocrity

I don't even care about any upcoming RPGs anymore but I'm ready to be proven wrong, the unique thing about Witcher 3 in comparison to other open worlds is the fact that the world truly feels alive in this one.

The Witcher 1 and 2 are both better than 3 in terms of story, choices and interaction with the world. I woudl also say regarding combat. Witcher 3 is just way more beautiful.

Has TW3 ruined anything else for you?

Strange question I know... but after finally sinking 160+ hrs in on my initial playthrough and finally beating the game, I decided to give a couple of my other games a try: The Evil Within and Shadow of Mordor. I ended up playing about 3-4 hrs of each, but really couldn't bring myself to play much more. In the end, it wasn't The Witcher, and I was feeling cheated... lol. I'm actually considering buying a used Xbox 360 instead, just so I can get TW2 and play it.

Just curious if any others have run into the same issue. It's not often you run into a game like TW3, and for me, it's made other games, at least for now, ho-hum. My cousin feels the exact same way

Someone's probably going to start erecting the gallows for me for saying this, but as an RPG, Witcher 3 isn't really all that good. It has great storytelling and overall narrative design, it has swell combat for what it tries to achieve with it, beautiful visuals and good sounds and all that, but as a huge game that it is and specifically as a huge RPG that it tries to be, the content and general possibilities for interaction with the world, the quests, the NPC's, the characterbuilding, the roleplaying part, it is quite lacking with its rather onesided and straightforward way of allowing for approach and through that it resembles more of an action adventure (think about medieval GTA on steroids) than a genuine RPG. The sheer size of the game highlights and strengthens the feeling that the game is starving for additional features (not quests or extra content, but gameplay and interactivity) to not let things drown into the ocean of sameyness in the long run.

It's a good game and I will finish it and give credit where it is due (believe it, there's a lot to give credit for), but it is unfortunate that despite all the focus and effort that went into it and all the big talks about redefining the RPG genre, such glaring, well not necessarily flaws, but shortcomings jump right to the face (rather than being some minor annoyances that can easily be dealt with).

Last edited:
Top Bottom