TW3 PRELOAD - Availability

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys know if I can just copy the downloaded Galaxy file to my fiancé's PC? Seems kinda unnecessary downloading those 26GB twice.

Yes. The files are just files.

Galaxy *can* import folders, but I'm not sure how well... it fluffed moving one of the other titles and started re-downloading.
I did just download W3, and then manually ran the installer .exe, and Galaxy detected the correct installation as it happened.

Set Galaxy up to store it's files into <Somewhere>/!Downloads/, then pop the installers into a sub folder the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/ and you should be ok.
Worst case is it gets confuddled and you have to either re-download, not use Galaxy or have another go at persuading it to play nicely...

Yes. The files are just files.

Galaxy *can* import folders, but I'm not sure how well... it fluffed moving one of the other titles and started re-downloading.
I did just download W3, and then manually ran the installer .exe, and Galaxy detected the correct installation as it happened.

Set Galaxy up to store it's files into <Somewhere>/!Downloads/, then pop the installers into a sub folder the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/ and you should be ok.
Worst case is it gets confuddled and you have to either re-download, not use Galaxy or have another go at persuading it to play nicely...

Thanks. I'll see if I risk it - she'd probably kill me if she'd have to download the whole thing on release day because it didn't work. :D

You can install it just fine without Galaxy being involved, and patches and so on only need GoG.com, GoG Downloader or GoG Galaxy to work... If there is any issue it will be persuading Galaxy to recognise the correct installation.

If you can run the game and get a "please wait" blue and orange screen, you will be good to go. IMO.

Hello again everyone it was kind of a let down a few minutes ago i contacted Playstation support in my country as sugested by a tweet of Playstation support itself just so they could tell me that they don't know when The Witcher 3 is available for Pre-Download :( .

I saw the tweet of Marcin Momot [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]@[/FONT]Marcin360 saying that some regions in EU will get the pre-download today...i just wanted to know but i guess nothing is certain so i just wait. It's weird that even PS support doesn't know.

Internet says PS4 preload is up. I"m not home though so I can't check.

Oops. Ninjaed. Guess I should have hit refresh :)

---------- Updated at 04:16 PM ----------

For the PS4:

BTW I've read of a couple of errors people are getting. The file size will change to around 9 gig, but the rest will continue to d/l in the background. You can go to the file info to double check.

Sometimes the file gives an error when you try to download. A workaround is to try to download something first (something small and free), and then go back and try the d/l again.

Some people will get an error code when trying to download the witcher 3 preload. You can fix this bug by going to the PSN store and starting to download a demo of any game you do not own. Once you do that, it will allow you to start your preload. The download says its only 9gigs, but do not worry, the rest downloads after the initial 9gigs. Crush the PSN and get downloading now if you live in the US or select areas of Europe!

Sweet, TW3 is now on my PS4's hard drive and we'll be ready to rock @4pm Monday the 18th after that much needed day 1 magick patch. ;)
This is going to be fucking amazing guys!
:victory:

Typical Sony shafting us again! Would be nice for a dev to confirm, tried asking one of the devs on twitter but got no response.

Oh yes, my body is ready!:victory:

Last edited:
Too bad I'll have to wait untill May 19th to pre-load / download the game on Steam. I can't get my CD-Key from the seller anytime sooner than one day before the official release date.
Oh well :)

Hey guys. Sorry if this was answered, but going over 86 pages isn't inviting.

Does downloading in Galaxy become corrupted when you shut down the program and continue later? I had some issues with my internet lately (I'm actually trying to download TW2 at the moment, but same same).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom