Vampire Bloodlines 2 Thread - All We Know So Far. Chat!

+
I get that Bloodlines is, by its nature, a bit unrealistic, but seriously - magic guns?

If anything, my interest level has gone down. I don't recall the original Bloodlines having anything of this sort. You pick up gun, you shoot gun, you reload gun.

Are we now going to have spinning attacks where we shoot 10 bullets at a time from a 6-shot revolver, and magical blood bullets that seep the life force of our enemies, or maybe we can shoot ourselves to transform into a giant hulking spider demon.

If we're just talking bullet time or faster movement or something like that, I'm fine with it.

Bah. Firearms and vampires are a natural. Better than mortals, use mortals best weapons.
There are several modern vampire IPs where vampires use firearms. Underworld, World of Darkness, Blade, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Only Lovers Left Alive, and etc.

I'd say settings, not IPs ;)
Post automatically merged:

The game will supposedly deal with the above topic btw, i.e. commercialization of art (I suspect in the context of Toreador?). Calling artistic settings "IP" is an indicator of that very dichotomy.

As for weapons, I prefer something in line with Bloodlines 1, though I wouldn't mind magical options like used in Redemption. Ainkurn sword anyone?

Last edited:
Cel 5 in BL you are moving bullet-speed and shooting everything around you.. Truly deadly

Yea, I used Cel 5 combined with katana. One swing 3 hits. Why shoot bullets when you can be the bullet :p

Up close and personal, so you can actually taste their horror.

I get that Bloodlines is, by its nature, a bit unrealistic, but seriously - magic guns?

Where did you get that from?

If anything, my interest level has gone down. I don't recall the original Bloodlines having anything of this sort. You pick up gun, you shoot gun, you reload gun.

Are we now going to have spinning attacks where we shoot 10 bullets at a time from a 6-shot revolver, and magical blood bullets that seep the life force of our enemies, or maybe we can shoot ourselves to transform into a giant hulking spider demon.

If we're just talking bullet time or faster movement or something like that, I'm fine with it.

I take it more to mean things along the lines of one handing an assault rifle at full auto with practically no recoil, or using acute vampire senses (seeing for miles, feeling the wind, etc.) of the environment to make a shot that makes the magic bullet that killed JFK look like child's play.

I take it more to mean things along the lines of one handing an assault rifle at full auto with practically no recoil, or using acute vampire senses (seeing for miles, feeling the wind, etc.) of the environment to make a shot that makes the magic bullet that killed JFK look like child's play.

Or, you know... Hellsing. He's the vamp!

This news about firearms is really weird, just because you are vampire, it don't mean you are pro marksman, this news do sound like they will add some gun magic.

New things with firearms no human is capable of, eh? I'm calling it right now—romance-able guns.

Actually, that would totally work with a Malkavian.

"You are the gatling gun of my heart, Gatling Guy! So many...barrels! "

This news about firearms is really weird, just because you are vampire, it don't mean you are pro marksman, this news do sound like they will add some gun magic.

A vamp with Auspex and two pistols in a pitch black room with a bunch of baddies would make John Preston from Equilibrium wet himself:LOL:

But they probably agree with what you said hence the "spending of points" towards this outcome. But a pro marksman is still.. Human.

Last edited:
A vamp with Auspex and two pistols in a pitch black room with a bunch of baddies would make John Preston from Equilibrium wet himself:LOL:

<Looks at own avatar>

No, no it wouldn't. Even off Prozium, he never wets himself. And, a room full of baddies in pitch dark is just a Tuesday for a Cleric. No need to get excited.

That takes some of the old Ludwig! And no Prozium.

So, I guess a..room full of music players and Auspex..would do it? Egads. Preston with Disciplines. Even more ridiculous.

<Looks at own avatar>

No, no it wouldn't. Even off Prozium, he never wets himself. And, a room full of baddies in pitch dark is just a Tuesday for a Cleric. No need to get excited.

That takes some of the old Ludwig! And no Prozium.

So, I guess a..room full of music players and Auspex..would do it? Egads. Preston with Disciplines. Even more ridiculous.

Ofc he wouldn't, he's a genuine badass.

But if anything can and has been depicted having similar capabilities are vamps with their enhanced even extrasensory perceptions.

I mean didn't auspex allow users to see auras through walls? A dark room should be child's play, but i could be wrong about Auspex, played with it too long ago.

"gun katas" could be a viable progression direction for a gun wielding vamp is what I'm saying. More so than "magic bullets" of DMC which would require magic channeling guns for which the World of Darkness is a stranger to.. I think.. Is it?

Also:

Last edited:
Unless they move faster than bullets (Celerity 5), hence they don't need guns anymore

Cel 5 I don't think is faster than bullets? Close but not quite? In any case, you still use bullets since you can fire them at foes repeatedly without having to go there yourself. Especially handy on multiple opponents.

Celerity in the PnP used to be limited by the weapons RoF - whcih meant throwing hatchets was actually more effective. Yep. Kind of silly, I always thought, especially since firearms can cycle very very fast indeed - much faster than the RoF in the books.

Top Bottom