Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miekkailija said:
Hallo everyone, I'm sorta new here, Joined up in january but never had the time to put up posts and all sorts.Name's Riki, Im from Poland originally, but now I live in Estonia for the last year of my medical training.I'm usually more in the VS game, playing trying to get to #1. so challenge me if you want.If you guys or gals have any questions for ask.Hope to post and share opinions around here soon. :beer:
Welcome to this cheery forum my friend :beer:Stop by the hairy bear and get to meet some of the cheery fellows and gals there. and I'll take you up on that challenge one day, just get to lvl 20 more first. ;)

Welcome Mekka...There's a polish forum here too if you're interested. I mean, the game is polish by origin. Also, pass by the Versus forum, as I see your interest.Hope to see you around :peace:

Hi I am new to this forum and this game, is there anything I should be told b4 I begin to play? I also wish to ask if anyone has any pointers about this cool game, then could you let me know. I am also looking for some new friends, or buddies as called in this forum, people who I can chat to, get to know, etc. just to mention that I am in a Happy relationship so friends only. Thanks.I cannot wait to get to know some of you and learn some cool things about this game, as I am told it is unlike any RPG ever created, and some of the, well, usuaual things in the game such as swearing and other things, makes this game the coolest. Thanks.

alison22000 said:
Hi I am new to this forum and this game, is there anything I should be told b4 I begin to play? I also wish to ask if anyone has any pointers about this cool game, then could you let me know. I am also looking for some new friends, or buddies as called in this forum, people who I can chat to, get to know, etc. just to mention that I am in a Happy relationship so friends only. Thanks.I cannot wait to get to know some of you and learn some cool things about this game, as I am told it is unlike any RPG ever created, and some of the, well, usuaual things in the game such as swearing and other things, makes this game the coolest. Thanks.
Welcome to the Witcher forumwhen you're looking for new friends, stop by the hairy bear! :beer:hope to talk to you there or to see yea lurk around

It's our virtual Inn: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=6047.0And the second largest thread in the forums (I believe).Come and have a :beer:And welcome to the forum, folks!

Hello!!Me my name is Caroline, my real name DóraI registered it in a September and I am 19 year one I like preparing videos and to pretend to draw ;D

Caroline said:
Hello!!Me my name is Caroline, my real name DóraI registered it in a September and I am 19 year one I like preparing videos and to pretend to draw ;D
Welcome to this cheery forum Caroline.Stop by the hairy bear tavern to get to know more people and chat along.

Hey there!I joined this forum a long time ago, but I actually forgot I joined it....go figure.Anyway I just bought The Witcher through the recent sale on Steam. I've played the demo a few times, but I finally decided to pick it up. I haven't played it yet, still downloading, but I thought I'd come here and look around.I am a writer that works in a group home taking care of Developmentally disabled adults. I work graveyard shift (10 pm to 6 am) so I have a *lot* of down time. I am using that time to further my career as a writer. (Further = "Get paid to do it.") and work on my webcomic. I have about 30 minutes to an hour of real work a night, so I am trying to use the time there wisely...heh. I live in Arizona and am excited to get in to the game...finally. I am going to go mess with my profile now, but nice to meet all of you!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Hey there!
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the game. And best of luck on your writing career!
Thanks! I didn't have any issues loading it up. Plus the game "found" my saves from the demo which is cool. However I think I'll be starting over from the very beginning...

Welcome deejrandom, good idea to start a new play through as the demo has a slightly different beginning.

fchopin said:
Welcome deejrandom, good idea to start a new play through as the demo has a slightly different beginning.
Yup. I started a new play through yesterday... The beginning of the demo is truncated; there is more to it then I realized. Very cool...

deejrandom said:
I am a writer that works in a group home taking care of Developmentally disabled adults. I work graveyard shift (10 pm to 6 am) so I have a *lot* of down time. I am using that time to further my career as a writer. (Further = "Get paid to do it.") and work on my webcomic. I have about 30 minutes to an hour of real work a night, so I am trying to use the time there wisely...heh.
Isn't that a scary job? I mean I don't believe in ghouls, zombies and vampires on a graveyard but it gives me the creeps. What are you supposed to do all night long which takes actually only max. one hour?oh, I almost forgot...

fchopin said:
You MUST start a new play-through to finish the game; the saved games from the demo won't work after the end of Chapter 1.

PetraSilie said:
PetraSilie said:
I am a writer that works in a group home taking care of Developmentally disabled adults. I work graveyard shift (10 pm to 6 am) so I have a *lot* of down time. I am using that time to further my career as a writer. (Further = "Get paid to do it.") and work on my webcomic. I have about 30 minutes to an hour of real work a night, so I am trying to use the time there wisely...heh.
Isn't that a scary job? I mean I don't believe in ghouls, zombies and vampires on a graveyard but it gives me the creeps. What are you supposed to do all night long which takes actually only max. one hour?oh, I almost forgot...
Okay I work in a group home, right? So we have three fellows I take care of...but they are asleep most of the night. I have to check on them every two hours, then do a little house work. I also count the meds that the guys take. If there is a lot of clothes to fold and dishes to put away it takes maybe an hour for all of that. If not? well it is maybe 30 mins of work.And yah the zombies can be an issue, but I keep a shotgun on me at all times. Aim for the head ya know?

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
You MUST start a new play-through to finish the game; the saved games from the demo won't work after the end of Chapter 1.
I restarted it :) I'm to the point where we just left the Castle.

Hello, I am Makandal, I am french living in West Africa.I do love the Witcher, great game with a real soul, it reminds me the Baldur`s Gate series. The game is not perfect but it is alive. Not like these big spiritless so-called Rpg which are nothing but glorified fps. I wont name them but I guess that setting good music, a post nuclear environement and big monsters with big guns is not enough to really make an intelligent game.I love the complexity of the story of The Witcher, the setting which reminds me sometimes the Vieux Lille, the Champagne county in France, Hungary, the surrounding of Bremen... I wish it will be larger, longer with more quests, a longer story. I guess something like what you are preparing us with The Witcher 2. This is one of the only game that can make me jump like yesterday, in the crypt in the fields. The atmosphere is so good I can almost smell the perfume of the crushed grass, the damp stone smell in the caves and crypts, the foul smell of garbages in the streets of Wyzima. The Witcher is an experience.I have been in computer gaming since the beginning, in the early 80s, I even programmed 4 games to pay my studies and when I was unemplyed later, between 1983 and 1987 and in 1993 and they sold pretty well for that time.Now, no time for game programming, I am geologist working in the oil industry focusing on IT solutions related to oil and gas exploration and production. My jon involves a lot of travelling, so The Witcher is installed on a laptop, a good Dell precision M6400 with an NVidia Quadro 3700M, 1Gb. It works very very smoothly.That is all. Did I say I love the game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom