Well hidden details, quests or locations you can miss easily

+
No problem. :) Btw, you can use this command:

addfact(sq306_completed)

to enable additional dialogue with Fringilla about Cantarella. For some reason it's not working automatically if High Stakes is completed.

Thank you, also had this problem with Phillipa not mentioning Saskia.

You are a monster if you sacrifice Ves and Roche after they help you in Kaer Morhen :p But they don't get hunted down by some nilfgaardian soldiers? It is just a normal talk and they are off on their way to meet the weapon dealer?
They didn't help me at Kaer Morhen ever since I discovered that a failed Eye for an Eye does not automatically lock Reason of State. ;) I might even have failed this time without doing it on purpose. My steel blade was very inadequate when I did the quest.

But yeah, won't support stupid suicidal kamikaze idiots who after being rescued do such self-satisfied smirks.

With the dwarves, it was a normal talk, then some nilf soldiers appeared and I had a choice. Decided to cover for them and then I gladly took the coin they offered.

Since there were nilf soldiers involved and the new ruler of this part of Temeria being mentioned during the quest, I thought it was Witcheress/Nilf only.

Last edited:
They didn't help me at Kaer Morhen ever since I discovered that a failed Eye for an Eye does not automatically lock Reason of State. I might even have failed this time without doing it on purpose. My steel blade was very inadequate when I did the quest.

But yeah, won't support stupid suicidal kamikaze idiots who after being rescued do such self-satisfied smirks.

Well the temerians are not that bright, which was a shock to me that Thaler of all people actually trusted Djikstra, but they still helped, so there is a debt to pay I guess.

With the dwarves, it was a normal talk, then some nilf soldiers appeared and I had a choice. Decided to cover for them and then I gladly took the coin they offered.

Since there were nilf soldiers involved and the new ruler of this part of Temeria being mentioned during the quest, I thought it was Witcheress/Nilf only.

Just tried the other variations and in each one they are being hunted because they either stole from the local nilfgaardian governor, redanian commandant or an eternal fire priest, that golden chalice must be very important for Gaunter O'dimm or just liked the look of it.

Just tried the other variations and in each one they are being hunted because they either stole from the local nilfgaardian governor, redanian commandant or an eternal fire priest, that golden chalice must be very important for Gaunter O'dimm or just liked the look of it.

Holy Grail, Batman!

Percival confirmed for The Witcher 4.

I'm trying to take my time in BaW now instead of rushing through the ?s and quests.

And I promptly found a few things. ;)

- Along the road from Cockatrice Inn towards Castle Ravello, near the house where the boat with the parts of de la Croix landed, is a nook in the rocks with a stone statue of something looking at first glance like a wine goddess. There are flowers and candles next to it, showing that it is clearly worshipped.

That statue's face and hairstyle bear a close resemblance to Orianna.

- Behind the orphanage is another one of those markers with the two ... creatures forming an "O"-like shape. That really was to be expected, given that this seems to be some sort of vampire turf mark, or at least I suspect so, given its presence in the unseen elder's lair. However, when I was there at daytime, I found Arnauld (caretaker of the orphanage) in front of it, doing some kind of worshipping/praying animation.

- And I can't believe how many different work animations for peasants exist.

- And I can't believe how many different work animations for peasants exist.

Yeah, guess they were so busy making these different work animations for peasants, that they forgot to add more animations to the main Characters!
Especially at the end of BaW, when Triss/Yen/Ciri/Dandelion come to visit you!

>.>

Yeah, guess they were so busy making these different work animations for peasants, that they forgot to add more animations to the main Characters!
Especially at the end of BaW, when Triss/Yen/Ciri/Dandelion come to visit you!>.>
Honestly? I spend far more time running around where nameless peasants work than I spend time after the last quest, standing around and observing the daily routine of the visitor. Or time in Kaer Morhen in between Va Fail Elaine and the Battle (observing the lack of activities of the NPCs there).

So for me, it's far more important that these peasants have a whole lot of different activities than those visitors.

Besides, it's awesome to watch them do coopering, buttering, woodcutting, farming, spinning, carpet cleaning, feather plucking, cleaning, tool maintainance, repairing, carrying stuff around and so much more. Compare that to other games where NPC activities might have including standing around with a broomstick, if you were lucky... :p

@Boromir2015 :

That's the one. And Anault stood in front of that one, having hands clasped together. Looked surely like he was praying or worshipping or somesuch; reinforcing the notion that these markers are most likely vampire-related.

These marks are not just near the Unseen Elder's location though; also near Dun Tyne Castle at the very least. And of course at Tesha Mudna.

Maybe we should start a mapping project and put pins into the locations of these markers. Maybe they spell out something. ;)

Last edited:
Honestly? I spend far more time running around where nameless peasants work than I spend time after the last quest, standing around and observing the daily routine of the visitor. Or time in Kaer Morhen in between Va Fail Elaine and the Battle (observing the lack of activities of the NPCs there).

So for me, it's far more important that these peasants have a whole lot of different activities than those visitors.

Besides, it's awesome to watch them do coopering, buttering, woodcutting, farming, spinning, carpet cleaning, feather plucking, cleaning, tool maintainance, repairing, carrying stuff around and so much more. Compare that to other games where NPC activities might have including standing around with a broomstick, if you were lucky... :p

Hm...i don't know! Would have loved to see more animations for our Companions!

But well, Gothic 1 which was released in 2001, had already Day and Night Routines for every character and many different animations for each of them! :p

Hm...i don't know! Would have loved to see more animations for our Companions!

But well, Gothic 1 which was released in 2001, had already Day and Night Routines for every character and many different animations for each of them! :p
Mhm. I was more thinking of Elderscrolls stuff.

Oblivion:
- Stand around
- Stand around and chat.
- Use that one communication gesture with your hand while standing around, chatting. Woot.
- Walk around
- Sit down and chow down that piece of bread for hours
- Sleep

Fallout 3 and Skyrim had an additional:
- Use some PC animations! Be obnoxious by: Block armorer's table, grindstone, anvil, woodchopping block, alchemist table and enchanting table!
- Stand around idly with a broomstick!
- Stand around in a new idle position, leaned against a wall!

Right?

Never played Gothic 1, so I'll just rejoice in spinning wheel using peasants some more. :)

Mhm. I was more thinking of Elderscrolls stuff.

Oblivion:
- Stand around
- Stand around and chat.
- Use that one communication gesture with your hand while standing around, chatting. Woot.
- Walk around
- Sit down and chow down that piece of bread for hours
- Sleep

Fallout 3 and Skyrim had an additional:
- Use some PC animations! Be obnoxious by: Block armorer's table, grindstone, anvil, woodchopping block, alchemist table and enchanting table!
- Stand around idly with a broomstick!
- Stand around in a new idle position, leaned against a wall!

Right?

Never played Gothic 1, so I'll just rejoice in spinning wheel using peasants some more. :)

Yeah sure, Bioware and Bethesda are always really bad in making realistic day and night routines and animations for their characters! Or they don't want to...idk!

You should! Especially Gothic 2! It is called the "best RPG produced in Germany" for a Reason ;)

But to go back to the topic, i also love that the peasants has many animations and so on, but the same should be for your Companions or House-guests in BaW at least!

Guest 3847602

There are the two women in Oxenfurt (near the Western Gate signpost) talking about some old woman Witch-Hunters burned named Nienke. For a moment I thought they meant Nenneke and that made me go back and forth several times to restart their conversation and make myself 100% sure it wasn't her.
Don't know if this was intentional, but if it was - well played, CDPR. :clap:

Top Bottom