What Cybernetics do you want to see in the game?

+
Rocket roller skates.

Doesn't even have to be a cybernetic gear, you could just as easily just buy a pair of roller skates to wear.

But mobility boosting/altering cybernetics would be interesting.

Arasaka is definitely king, which is why I'll offer my gang's services to them until all the chess pieces are in place.

The..chess pieces? Ahahahahahahahaha! Collapses in laughter.

Because Arasaka Incorporated, named after it's founder and Chairman, a Machiavellian figure who has survived and prospered since World War 2, would never see such cleverness coming. Mmph. giggle.

Well, you might be right - I'd be willing to bet no boostergang leader has ever tried to overwhelm them. Such treachery!

God, the options are mindblowing. And we've been given two years notice before the game comes out.
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. But I want flashlight hands. I don't know what it is about flashlight hands that's captures my interest so much. It just has.

I'd like to see lie detectors (based on non-verbal cues) as implants which can be used in various conversations.

speedball, bread and butter. is it cyberware or software. i don't remember. also i liked playing cyberpunk/shadowrun mixture. after some basic conversions they're quite compatable game systems. and tbh, shadowrun was always a little bit better imho.

We have an intruder in the perimeter.... stay calm, professionals are on the way to apprehend, where they will give the subject the medication they need.

Mmmmph! Must be trolling. Shadowrun, while, fun, has elves. Elves. And dwarves! Who although cool, have as much business in cyberpunk as their dandelion-eating pointy-eared counterparts.

"Better". Sure, if you're happier with DnD. Urk.

Mmmmph! Must be trolling. Shadowrun, while, fun, has elves. Elves. And dwarves! Who although cool, have as much business in cyberpunk as their dandelion-eating pointy-eared counterparts.

"Better". Sure, if you're happier with DnD. Urk.

It's worse than that.... I think he was talking about the Shadowrun system, with its hit points, and magic...... though I am not sure how one could even keep track of them...what version are they up to now? 16 or sommat?

I've lost track.

They had a real issue for awhile with the same thing Cpunk did - combat-prepped classes and cyber and spells giving you such an advantage.

Which, TO BE FAIR IN AN UNFAIR WORLD, is kind of the idea. Combat gear and skills are supposed to give you an edge on those without 'em.

Problem was, it was quite an advantage and made it unfun for non-Samurai or Combat Mage or Physical Adpet chaarcters, iirc.

So they changed the dice system altogether.

A SR expert could elaborate, if we had one.

I quite like SR - some of their cyber is quite impressive, cyber-zombies was a great idea and Combat Mages rock. Arcologies I always liked the idea of. Stuffer Shack makes me grin every time. Hell, I'm a SR Returns and Onine KS backer. So, yeah, SR is fun.

But...well, you know.

I've lost track.

They had a real issue for awhile with the same thing Cpunk did - combat-prepped classes and cyber and spells giving you such an advantage.

Which, TO BE FAIR IN AN UNFAIR WORLD, is kind of the idea. Combat gear and skills are supposed to give you an edge on those without 'em.

Problem was, it was quite an advantage and made it unfun for non-Samurai or Combat Mage or Physical Adpet chaarcters, iirc.

So they changed the dice system altogether.

A SR expert could elaborate, if we had one.

I quite like SR - some of their cyber is quite impressive, cyber-zombies was a great idea and Combat Mages rock. Arcologies I always liked the idea of. Stuffer Shack makes me grin every time. Hell, I'm a SR Returns and Onine KS backer. So, yeah, SR is fun.

But...well, you know.

Your words reek of commie sedition... I am afraid I will have to report you to glorious computer... do not be afraid citizen, for the computer loves you... it wants you to take another BLUE Pill and step into the indoctrination chamber...

You don't want to disappoint the computer do you?

When a play a female charcter i want these rippers

When a play a female charcter i want these rippers
Those are too long to be standard rippers, as even retracted they would leave nails about 2 inches long... making it really hard to use most firearms,

God I hope CDPR take basic reality into cyber design... wolvers and rippers cannot be longer than the sheaths they are housed in... This is why most artists on wolverine, and those stupid arm blades from Deaus Ex drove me up a bloody wall.

It's also why the minigun on War Machines armor in Ironman 2 was so mind bogglingly stupid. It would have been bad enough if it had been chambered for pistol ammunition, but they specifically said it was chambered for 7.62.... the fuck.... where was the flatbed truck holding all the ammo he fired from it jsut in the flying scene alone... Does Rhodey have a portable hole up his ass?

This shit probably shouldn't bug me, but it does... a lot...

Wolvers should never be longer than the length of the forearm, for most people thats about 12 inches, Rippers should never be longer than the second section of each finger (the fingertip houses the mechanism to extend/retract the blade) which for most people is about an inch.

Keep in mind that any implanted cyber weapon has to be able to be housed inside a fully fuctional limb... so it not just the space of the weapon itself that needs to be considered, but aalso the space required for the functionality of the limb...

And if you have real skin coating, over a pop up weapon, then there needs to be either visible seems, or you need to rip the flesh off your own arm everytime you use it... requiring you to go to a cyber clinic to have it re-skinned.

That sort of thing has always bothered me as well. As far as Iron Man goes, I find it easier to accept if I assume Tony has found a way to tap into Hammerspace. This certainly helps explain the feasibility of the briefcase suit in II, for example.

-- Ben

Meh. I have no problem at all with hollow-blades that extend out as you unsheathe them. Or even a switchblade-type set up: unsheathe and FLICK, double their length.

It's a minor thing for me, compared to FBC and skinweave.

Now the Iron Man thing..NO SHITE SHERLOCK. That was just dumb.

id love to see cybernetics that do the same thing but are from different manufacturers and look different.

for example youd have digitrade legs that increase speed but also youd have a more expensive option with legs that look more human like. or just 4 or 5 types of arm blades that just look different for stylistic purposes but are otherwise the same

Top Bottom