What did you like the most about Cyberpunk 2077 ?

+
It is very good take on original cyberpunk, not the tabletop game, but I mean also things that inspired it, literature, that whole genre.

bign

Forum regular
Only thing that really stood out for me was the game's aesthetic, at times it can immerse you if that's your thing. Otherwise, everything else systems, combat loop, story were mediocre at best.

The whole audio-visual design - though i'm not such a big fan of the radio stations themselves (even while they've some gems in them).
Great styles, great realizations, great city and "level" design. Great animations and character design. It's really one of the only games, whereas i loved vistas (in comparison, Assassins Creed felt just okay.).
The Character writing and acting, especially female V, would be a close second.

Characters

Character builds

Clothing or lack of depending on my mood

And last but not least jumping from place to place like a rabbit on coke

The characters (especially V and Johnny), the story (Act 1 > Act 2 >>>> Act 3) and the overall atmosphere of Night City. Gameplay was also pretty smooth.

characters, stories, voice acting, music, sound design, visual presentation..
there are so many aspects where cp just shines

The Story
The Characters
The City itself
The realy awesome German voice acting
All the easter eggs

The story, characters and universe. Samurai. The matrix references. The gameplay. The graphics. Night City. Rayfield Caliburn. Immersion. Love all these things.

I didn't enjoy the pedestrian or driving NPC AI, these were the biggest immersion breakers. The police system is more Matrix than cyberpunk and honestly a half-baked / implemented system. I also don't get how come I've never seen a firetruck in Night City? I find it odd...especially given how you have trashcan fires all over the place, even in buildings and parking lots.

It isn't just a single thing for me. It's the combination of, great characters, with great voice acting and well-written and real backstories. General story beats, handling of emotional scenes is done masterfully. The soundtrack both radio and game score is also wonderfully crafted. I think the score and soundtrack are where CDPR can be the proudest. They were able to create many wonderful songs that fit so snuggly into the world they crafted. Also, the city itself.. the level of detail is phenomenal, architecture and little details scattered across the maze of streets is mindblowin

V. First time I was linked this much to the craftable character, in most cases they just nameless skins which I don't care about. CDPR done a great job here.

The city design is also incredible.

The very best I experienced in this game - which also made my hair raise all the way down to my feet - was the intimate and intense scene in Clouds with Skye.

I was just breath taken by this sequence. I don't think I have ever experienced anything so beautiful in any game ever before.

I chose Skye playing as a female V (I am a straight male suffering from Tomb Raider syndrom).

This scene is unique. The one directing this should have a medal!

Jeyl

Forum regular
Allowing the player the option to not kill anyone. While there are instances where your actions will result in other people's deaths (Car chases, Defending Alvecado Camp with the hover tank), those are few and far in between. Normally in action RPGs like this it's the other way around.

Top Bottom