What do you want to know about The Witcher: Wild Hunt?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old, but I haven't heard of anything changing.
This changed:"When starting a new game, players will be able to choose to import their save file or start the game from a default state."
There won't be a default state like there was in TW2.It was mentioned in the same interview that talked about making TW2 choices through dialogue (or a similar mechanic,the dev wasn't 100% sure).
Will the dialog you choose reflect what Geralt will really say? I remember in the beginning of The Witcher 2 there was a choice about making a joke about your hands being tied and Geralt just says "Fuck you"
You're talking about the "You are funny" option,right?Personally I thought Geralt's respons was rather appropriate and I didn't feel mislead by the dialogue option at all.
PC players will definitely have this option.
The Witcher 3 changed plenty in the passed year and given the last dev talk on the subject I'm not going to assume anything until they say outright how they're going to handle this.
As for console players, they are currently working on a system to provide them with the core choices which they picked in the previous games (probably something like the system of Mass Effect or similar games where you can choose what you picked before the game starts).

2)How will our choices cross over from TW1/TW2 into TW3?Since the series is going to be on a Sony console for the first time now I'm guessing we'll all get a interactive mechanic (a la Mass Effect)[...]

Edit:The way I understand it they want to make something similar to how Star Wars Kotor II handled events from Kotor I.

Last edited:
Try to keep this thread for questions only, please. In-depth discussion of different issues can be done in the appropriate threads.

Integrity of the shield, people without shields don't have it. Same thing was there for some characters in TW2.
Enemies without shields also have the bar. That's why I'm curious about it

View attachment 7234

Another question:

Is the inventory weight limit still in from the 35 minute demo?

Attachments

• ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_21.03_[2014.11.04_08.39.58].jpg
    ESRB_The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_-_35min_gameplay_demo.mp4_snapshot_21.03_[2014.11.04_08.39.58].jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 66
How will weapon/armour durability work? if it reaches 0 is the item destroid? can you fix it again for a small price? will there be visual indicators like rust, tears, holes etc?

The Witcher 3 changed plenty in the passed year and given the last dev talk on the subject I'm not going to assume anything until they say outright how they're going to handle this.

Well they confirmed that save games can be imported on PC and they have said or done nothing to contradict this in any way.

Try to keep this thread for questions only, please. In-depth discussion of different issues can be done in the appropriate threads.

Which discussions please? We are only discussing about the questions asked.

Enemies without shields also have the bar. That's why I'm curious about it

Like I said, my best guess is stamina/vigor (based on enemy archetype)
Could of course also be something more exotic like a courage/fear meter, special ability bar, etc.

will there be visual indicators like rust, tears, holes etc?

that would definitely be amazing, even if it would just be minor differences/indicators.

Last edited:
Is there a thing like the adrenaline bar again with which we can use some 'superabilites?

thanks for opening up the oppurtunity to ask some Questions ! :hatsoff:

Will there be any decision and choice elements concerning Geralt's relationship with other characters?

Yes, my decisions in Witcher 2 had a huge impact on who ended up ruling the northern kingdoms and major political things. I've had decisions in the fight between humans and non-humans, between kings and sorcerers...etc. But that's not what I'm most interested about.

I'm more interested in having decisions that determine how NPCs and major characters react to Geralt. A talk with Dandelion while riding horses together, a talk with Ciri beside the campfire, a talk with triss/Yennefer after lovemaking while half naked. CDPR never did well in this area...

I'm asking if we'll have decisions or conversations with other characters in the game with impact or no impact... just pure social interaction. There is alot of that in the books between The Fellowship of Rescuing Ciri. If there is no such thing, then please make such a thing. I want to explore the vast social interactions in the game. I want to be able to do all the examples mentioned above. Moments of wisdom, fun conversations, talking about the past, love, sex, friendship...etc

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Will there be any decision and choice elements concerning Geralt's relationship with other characters?

Yes, my decisions in Witcher 2 had a huge impact on who ended up ruling the northern kingdoms and major political things. I've had decisions in the fight between humans and non-humans, between kings and sorcerers...etc. But that's not what I'm most interested about.

I'm more interested in having decisions that determine how NPCs and major characters react to Geralt. A talk with Dandelion while riding horses together, a talk with Ciri beside the campfire, a talk with triss/Yennefer after lovemaking while half naked. CDPR never did well in this area...

I'm asking if we'll have decisions or conversations with other characters in the game with impact or no impact... just pure social interaction. There is alot of that in the books between The Fellowship of Rescuing Ciri. If there is no such thing, then please make such a thing. I want to explore the vast social interactions in the game. I want to be able to do all the examples mentioned above. Moments of wisdom, fun conversations, talking about the past, love, sex, friendship...etc

Thank you :)
I agree, would love to see an answer on this. Conversation really adds a lot to games. Metal Gear Solid's codec is full of just conversations that add a lot to the characters if you take the time to listen to everything.

Will there be a camera distance slider?
I was terribly disappointed when I saw the camera went way backwards in the gameplay demos

1) How much sex there would be in W3
2) Will Armour and weapons transfer from Witcher 2 to Witcher 3? if they do what stats will they have, same or nerfed?
3) Which level will be level cap to this game?
4) Will we see characters from witcher 1 such Siegfried ( my favourite after Dandelion and any dwarf) Yaevinn or Kalkstein?
5) Since there will be Charles Dance, would there be any Game of Thrones refferences?
6) Will there be fistfight?

Will there be a camera distance slider?
I was terribly disappointed when I saw the camera went way backwards in the gameplay demos
I really want to echo this. I'm very fond of having control over the camera and adapting it for the specific circumstances. Occasionally it's fun to zoom in and register a higher amount of details, and so far it looks as if in TW3 there'll be a huge amount of details to take in. In armor, environment, enemies, combat animations... I want to drink them all in.

I really want to echo this. I'm very fond of having control over the camera and adapting it for the specific circumstances. Occasionally it's fun to zoom in and register a higher amount of details, and so far it looks as if in TW3 there'll be a huge amount of details to take in. In armor, environment, enemies, combat animations... I want to drink them all in.
Older interview. Skip to 50 seconds, they say something on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiVyGX-3sd8#t=50

Which discussions please? We are only discussing about the questions asked.

In after lock, moderator's privilege. Exactly those. Questions asked here are for selecting and submitting to the developers for authoritative answers.

Attempts to answer those questions under a claim of discussion are out of order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom